muggiwhplar

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

experiments and rock crabs are better

you arent serious....are you?

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Uh, if we dont have 73 summoning then do u have any other alternatives for the obisdian golem that are almost just as good?

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Using a whip, training defense, with my stats (99 attack 95 strength), should I use a defender or my DFS?

Defender

Uh, if we dont have 73 summoning then do u have any other alternatives for the obisdian golem that are almost just as good?

Highest-level combat familiar you have

77yLQy8.png

What levels should my attack and strength stats fall upon when I should re-pot?

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Been using this spot for a while now, and I must say it's truly fantastic, especially due to the attention required. I read this guide a while ago and unfortunately never got round to posting. Thanks very much for it! ::'

Getting an average of 82k xp / hr here, using Super Attacks, Super Strengths and 5% Strength Prayer. (At Attack Level 81 and Strength Level 82).

so, for people who dont want to waste all those precious prayer potions, or those who are tired of running every little while to get them aggressive again, here is my suggestion. teleport back to ape atoll every time you run out of prayer, using the alter up there, and running back down. it may cut down a little bit of the experience you get per hour, but not by much. to do this method you have to adjust your inventory accordingly

the primary necessity here is bananas, because teleporting out is the main reason you swap to this method and bananas are required for that. did you know that bananas can be put into baskets?? well, thats a wonderful thing about them for here, because for every time you have to teleport, you just take a banana out, meaning you can have a lot more super strength and attacks to bring along, meaning a longer trip.

another option is to use zamorak brews, which raise strength 10-13 and attack, 18-21, versus 16-19 for attack and strength from 2 potions, super strength and attack. more attack, in my opinion is worth it here, but its up to you. the primary advantage here is more room, again, meaning more time to spend there. z brews also raise your prayer a little bit, around 6-8, adding to them being an advantage, so brew up after spending 6-8 points down there. the disadvantage is that it takes some of your hitpoints away, but it isnt that bad in the end, only about 7-9 hitpoints every sip. should you desire to offset this, though, an excellent option are more things in baskets! yay! strawberries heal 25 per basket. the brews also cost a little bit less than the combination of the pure set (sup str and attack).

along with the extra time spent here you might want to add some more pouches, so some summoning potions and more pouches could be nice (or super restores, because though the method is to do it without prayer restores, why not if you need the summoning points anyway ::'

feel free to add this suggestion to your guide with a -halt957 at the end =]

halt957.png Halt957-Eagle_shot98.gif

notable drops: 1 ARMADYL HILT, 7 armadyl chestplates, 6 armadyl plateskirts, 4 armadyl helmets, 5 bandos tassets, 5 bandos hilts, 6 bandos boots (one solo from minion, another from ls ftl...), 2 sara swords, 2 steam staves, over 25 shards

Barrows: 1 dragon med, 1 verac helm, 1 verac skirt, 1 verac flail, 1 karil top, 1 dh plate, 1 ahrim's top

Using a whip, training defense, with my stats (99 attack 95 strength), should I use a defender or my DFS?

ok, though he just said defender, i will tell you why =]

+2 strength more, though super duper, isnt as good as the +19 slash attack bonuses from rune defender, meaning you will be hitting much more often rather than have extra unnecessary defense and a minuscule strength bonus which wont even let you hit one higher. always use rune defender on things that dont require much defense.

notable drops: 1 ARMADYL HILT, 7 armadyl chestplates, 6 armadyl plateskirts, 4 armadyl helmets, 5 bandos tassets, 5 bandos hilts, 6 bandos boots (one solo from minion, another from ls ftl...), 2 sara swords, 2 steam staves, over 25 shards

Barrows: 1 dragon med, 1 verac helm, 1 verac skirt, 1 verac flail, 1 karil top, 1 dh plate, 1 ahrim's top

Nah, DFS is better if it's an extremely low defense monster like yaks. Not sure if monkeys are low enough.

2 strength does help.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Nah, DFS is better if it's an extremely low defense monster like yaks. Not sure if monkeys are low enough.

2 strength does help.

Ok, first, i will let you know you are completely wrong, because, as i said, you are getting a +19 to slash, which helps a lot more then 2 more strength. And please, use the tip.it calculators and see if the +2 to strength has any use for this place with 99 strength. Research things before you talk about them please so you can provide real and helpful information. I gave actual reasons for my suggestion on what to use, along with my experience from using this spot before it was known. From what you had said, it appears as though you have not gone before, or at least have not been there long enough to know what is truly best. Because you are praying the whole time, there is no use of the higher defense that a DFS provides. therefore, the +19 from the rune defender is much more helpful.

And it also isnt worth it at yaks because they are so weak and hardly hit whatsoever. you are almost always best off with a rune defender when fighting something that can't hit you hard enough to worry about, such as yaks or these monkeys.

Dont believe me?? test them both out at both places, see which gets you more experience, then come back here and let people know what you got. until then, you do not have enough experience to formulate a real and informed suggestion for this.

I find that sometimes i sound mean when i debate like this, so just know i didnt mean it meanly. I just am bothered when people who are ignorant pretend to know what they are talking about, even when the evidence is clearly in front of them... and now this sounds mean... stop talking halt. :-#

2 strength does help.

Ok, first, i will let you know you are completely wrong, because, as i said, you are getting a +19 to slash, which helps a lot more then 2 more strength. And please, use the tip.it calculators and see if the +2 to strength has any use for this place with 99 strength. Research things before you talk about them please so you can provide real and helpful information. I gave actual reasons for my suggestion on what to use, along with my experience from using this spot before it was known. From what you had said, it appears as though you have not gone before, or at least have not been there long enough to know what is truly best. Because you are praying the whole time, there is no use of the higher defense that a DFS provides. therefore, the +19 from the rune defender is much more helpful.

And it also isnt worth it at yaks because they are so weak and hardly hit whatsoever. you are almost always best off with a rune defender when fighting something that can't hit you hard enough to worry about, such as yaks or these monkeys.

Dont believe me?? test them both out at both places, see which gets you more experience, then come back here and let people know what you got. until then, you do not have enough experience to formulate a real and informed suggestion for this.

I find that sometimes i sound mean when i debate like this, so just know i didnt mean it meanly. I just am bothered when people who are ignorant pretend to know what they are talking about, even when the evidence is clearly in front of them... and now this sounds mean... stop talking halt. :-#

several times ive trained with dfs/defender. everything exact same except shield. and tracked exp. there has NEVER been more than a 2k/hr margin between the two. its makes little to no difference which one you use. at a decent attack/str level, you hit hard and often enough for it to not matter. hell, even using an obby shield gave me almost the same exp rate. that fabled +19 slash isnt as great as everyone thinks
I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

2 strength does help.

several times ive trained with dfs/defender. everything exact same except shield. and tracked exp. there has NEVER been more than a 2k/hr margin between the two. its makes little to no difference which one you use. at a decent attack/str level, you hit hard and often enough for it to not matter. hell, even using an obby shield gave me almost the same exp rate. that fabled +19 slash isnt as great as everyone thinks

well, to each his own, but i agree with the other kid that said that at a 16m pricetag, why not go for the thing that gets you that extra 2k per hour experience. personally, when i whip here, i bring my zammy book. gotta get that fally shield. +5 to strength matters less to me than staying longer

• 4 weeks later...

This is great xp, with my stats and a talon beast with scrolls, i get 117k xp/hour using the setup you described. The only difference that i do is, i just bring 2 pure sets, a tele, 2nd pouch, one set of ape attoll tele runes and bananna, and a gree gree. The rest is prayer potions. When they become un aggressive, i simply go south to the door and go back. I will be here for a long time. :lol:

Scouterzach1.png

Current Goals:

96/99 Dungeoneering

2300+/2496 total

Good guide - one question.

Are the Skeletons in marim dungeon (Where chinners train range) as good exp?

Good guide - one question.

Are the Skeletons in marim dungeon (Where chinners train range) as good exp?

Those are the best XP in the game, assuming you use dharoks. However they're only good if you've got like 90+ prayer. I tried there at 70 prayer and got like 40k XP in 15 minutes, but also used up a full inventory of prayer potions in that time haha.

77yLQy8.png

Nice guide as usual, but one question....what is the orange thing on the Sara Sword? ;o

Might give it a try once I get members again, and see how many exp/hour it is on a higher lv char.

100k exp/hour......almost as fast/faster than old Pest Control with bonus HP exp? ;p

Good for pures too, no def required, but they would have to not complete MM I guess.

The red dot is to show the sara sword is borrowed ...

wl4xhc.jpg - this may the reason behind the whip changes 0_o

Thnx to kaosmerchant for hosting.

Boeing125.png