Guide to Extremely Fast Melee XP

muggiwhplar

First, thanks for the guide again. Great xp.

Second, if you go through the exit involved in RFD (where you go into the room where you cook the snake), you reset aggression. Maybe you already know that, but I thought I'd post, just in case you didn't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say 70-80k exp per hour, is that total exp or attack/strength/defence exp separately? With my stats (90 attack and 90 strength), and 10% strength prayer, I can only manage at most 80k defence exp per hour, and around 8k magic exp from my fire titan. It seems a lot lower than what it should be. Can you think of anything that I'm doing wrong? I have the exact same set up you show, except I'm using whip and rune defender, and 10% strength prayer.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

When you say 70-80k exp per hour, is that total exp or attack/strength/defence exp separately? With my stats (90 attack and 90 strength), and 10% strength prayer, I can only manage at most 80k defence exp per hour, and around 8k magic exp from my fire titan. It seems a lot lower than what it should be. Can you think of anything that I'm doing wrong? I have the exact same set up you show, except I'm using whip and rune defender, and 10% strength prayer.

That's about right. I'm talking about melee XP, not total XP. if you used an addy minotaur you'd be getting nearly 90k def xp/hour which is about what you should be getting w/ your stats

77yLQy8.png

That's about right. I'm talking about melee XP, not total XP. if you used an addy minotaur you'd be getting nearly 90k def xp/hour which is about what you should be getting w/ your stats

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.

I love this spot compared to armoured zombies because since they don't drop anything, I don't feel compelled to pick up charms and drops, so it's much easier and relaxing. Thanks for the great guide, it's excellent for easy and quick experience.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Muggi. I used this method before summer and maxed out my melee stats. I went from like level 115-131.

However, my inventory was different:

-stack of House teleports

-greegree

-holy wrench

-17 prayer potions(4)

-4 super attack/super strength potions(4) (alternated the colours)

Each trip lated a little bit over 2 hours, and I had more time to sit back and watch Youtube as I was training and clicking on the potions when needed.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

ok, i have a tip for the bananas

u know how u can put bananas in baskets? well,just take 2 baskets and take one out when ever u need 2 recharge prayer :D

i demand my name mentioned in credits if you take up this idea.

meamzed.png

• 1 month later...

This is excellent, great job. One question though; I don't have that summoning level, will my exp gains be significantly hurt because of that?

Anybody from TIF can add me: N0T0RlOUS <----(The first 2 0's are zero's, and there's a lowercase L after the R)

I've helped many people with runescape membership, check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-BeWYM7hoA

Message me ANYTIME with any questions regarding this video^...preferrably in game.

Finally reached 94 mage!!

This is excellent, great job. One question though; I don't have that summoning level, will my exp gains be significantly hurt because of that?

It wouldn't affect you too much. My geyser titan gives me around 13k extra range exp per hour, and when I used a fire titan before, it got me around 8k magic exp an hour. It is better than nothing, and adds up after some time, but it wouldn't make this a horrible place to level all of a sudden. I get around 84k attack exp per hour, so 13k is only around 15% of my attack exp, which would be lost for you.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

• 1 month later...

Loving this guide, as someone said before its more relaxing than az's and dont feel compelled to pick up drops, i just wish there was 3 monkey spawns instead of 2! But ah well great guide :thumbsup:

xQx.png

Drops: 2 Bandos chestplates 2 Bandos hilt, 2 Armadyl hilts, at least 3 of every single Barrows item. More splits than i can remember

• 3 months later...

Great guide scott! I like this place more than Bandits now! No Guthans ever! :)

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

• 1 month later...

Thanks, almost level 99 strength. Might want to mention that due to dueling rings being 10k each, it is better to tele to trollheim and back to ape atoll. There is an obelisk to recharge, and it much cheaper. Then just tele back to cws when you need to restock.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Any idea if guthan would be efficient here? With and without swapping to whip+def.

Considering you use prayer...no..

I meant without melee protection.

Would cut down the cost of prayer pots, but would it completely ruin the EXP p/h?

Any idea if guthan would be efficient here? With and without swapping to whip+def.

Would cut down the cost of prayer pots, but would it completely ruin the EXP p/h?

The cost of p pots is tiny-- it'd ruin the xp/hour (I assume you wouldn't be using any str-boosting prayers either)

77yLQy8.png

The cost of p pots is tiny-- it'd ruin the xp/hour (I assume you wouldn't be using any str-boosting prayers either)

Meh, I used prayer pots anyway. :P

Thanks for the guide, helped me finally max combat ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this method goes beyond 120k/hour with turmoil and extremes? I'm just wondering, i won't stray from slaying.

Great guide though.

Assuming you use the altar to recharge prayer at least half the time, it's less efficient to use boost prayers which drain quicker than 10% strength there. Though if you're using prayer pots only, it'd probably be better just to move to the ape atoll skeletons in the dungeon and use turmoil and extremes there with proselyte and whip. I go there sometimes and you can definitely get beyond 120k/hour there

77yLQy8.png

thanks for the guide, well made and helpfull :)

but i may just mention 2 things: cant you just tely to ape atoll from the zomby monkeys insted of telying away and telying back? goes to an alter and away from the monkeys, not to be done when useing prayer pots and sumon obvoiusly.

secondly, as someone sayd b4 in this thread, use baskit's of banana's, 2 inventory for 10 telys is a good deal.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!