Why not just make change the name of coins to gold pieces?

sohkmj1

You call the item, as it is viewed in your inventory, a coin. You call their value, as it is viewed in the balance bar in a trade window, one gold piece (aka 1 gp).

No need to change it, they've already got it right.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

No. Do not make it into an acronym. Don't make anything in the game an acronym to encourage the flourishing of 1337 5p3@k, and Under-Age talking. Leave it as words and as coins, as that is what they are, coins.

What difference would this make to the game though? None.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Uhm...question. Since when was GP an abbreviation of Coins?
Since the dawn of online gaming.

in RSC wasnt the currency actually GP? and they just changed it with RS2

Nope. Always been coins, as long as I've been playing anyway.

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

Since the dawn of online gaming.

coins..gold coins.

gold peices, gp.. all kinda makes sense.

No need to change it, as others have said, its not broken, dont fix it.

its like pop vs soda..who cares.

35b9enp.jpg

It's not, but I can recall ever since 2001 in RSC, people were always calling coins 'gold pieces', "gp". Nobody said "selling mith ores for 400 coins each, it was always gp.

Even back in 1998 on Diablo 1 multiplayer when rare items weren't abudant, people were trading items -> *gold* in "gp" which I found a bit ironic :lol:

in RSC wasnt the currency actually GP? and they just changed it with RS2

Nah, even in RSC it was still called "coins" in your inventory. But 'gold pieces' is an old remnant used ever since online games have first existed decades ago, so it's stuck even to this day as the habit moved from old players to new, and the cycle continues..

There is no need to change it. Even if there was it should be 'gold peices' insted of 'gp'.

P.S. calling coins 'gp' started with the dawn of gaming, not just online gaming. People have been calling coins gp since the first game to have coins in it.

Personally, I believe that:

1. The item "coins" should stay.

2. Trading should show up as coins.

3. NPC's should use the term coins.

4. The Grand Exchange should use GP.

5. People should keep on using the term GP at their disposal.

No, changing coins to GP is NOTHING like changing mithril to mith or adamantite to addy. In fact, many things have already been shortened by Jagex themselves. Of course this was with the release of the GE.

Either way it is PERFECTLY fine the way it is. I do not even notice these things to the point where it makes me stop playing the game.

Now, can anyone from Jagex Corp. step up to the plate and fix the darn combat triangle? It is a mess!

No, changing coins to GP is NOTHING like changing mithril to mith or adamantite to addy. In fact, many things have already been shortened by Jagex themselves. Of course this was with the release of the GE.

Lots of Addy stuff was shortened before the GE.

And no, whats the point, thr NPS that say 'gp' are Jagex's attempt at trying to make some NPCs also feel like adventurers, because thats what some of them are supposed to be.

EDIT: Sorry missed the fact you meant Gold Peices.

I have wondered this myself, but really gold peices are coins anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Also Gold Peices may confuse some newer players, because they might not realise thats its actually the RS currency, (stupid new players anyway :P)

Doomy edit: I like sheep