my essay: Why being a moderator is no big deal

ixfd64

Don't player moderators get access to a special forum where future updates are being discussed? Or is it illegal to talk about that here? ::'

No they don't. That special forum is just used for talking with Jagex moderators. It's basically just a RuneScape Official Forums for Player Moderators I guess.

j0xPu5R.png

Great essay, and I totally agree, anytime I see a P-Mod he's either surrounded by players begging for stuff and asking him stupid questions, or he's trying to get away from a bunch of people. I feel it would make life harder for me if I was chosen to be one.

I have to disagree, I know a couple of J-Mod's who play the game for fun on their mod accounts. And being a P-mod is certainly a big deal, it gives you power in a sense. People are nicer to you, people suddenly stop abusing the filter and much more. No one dares talk bad to you at all.

You could argue that anything in runescape is no big deal, it all comes down to what matters to you personally. I'd like to be one, sure there's some negativity that comes with it, but from what I understand they pick the most trustworthy and suitable (however they figure it out :? ) and to me, that is an honour.

tipitsigtd0.png

2kshortmn1.png

People are nicer to you, people suddenly stop abusing the filter and much more. No one dares talk bad to you at all.
Speaking from personal experience, that's not always the case. :oops: I got one guy a couple of days ago following me around going "Mods are noobs!" Against my better judgment I asked why, and he said he got unjustly banned. So I pointed him to appeals, and he claims its worthless and that I should unban him right that instant. Told him I don't have any sort of ban or unban powers, but my lines pretty much got zoomed past through selective reading. :thumbdown:

The sad part is when some people just harass the player moderators on purpose just to see what mutes are like, then blame the player moderators for it... Guys, if you don't know what's a mute already here it is:

PEOPLE CAN'T READ WHAT YOU SAY EXCEPT IN QUICK CHAT. :wall: It is NOT a pleasant experience, and if your curiosity got you muted for longer than you expected, then that's entirely YOUR fault. Don't blame the player moderators for your mistakes.

I usually don't reply if I don't have much to add but I just want to say thank you for taking the time to write this. <3:

It has answered a lot of long time questions of mine that I wouldn't want to ask my friends as I didn't want them to break their contract. ;)

~odie

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Excellent read and good points!

I've never understood people who have strived to be player moderators, although in saying that, if Jagex asked me to be a mod I would accept.

I'd see it as a reward for good playing :thumbup:

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Very well written essay.

I also lost my player-mod status due to obvious inactivity since quitting the game years ago... And it wasn't really "cool" or "awesome" like some people think. You get pestered and asked questions everywhere you go, clueless people whine to you about Jagex's gameplay flaws, etc..

The worst thing is.. People no longer treat you as a person. They just see that little silver crown and think you're "one of them" they can benefit from, and they percieve you as having some sort of obligation to answer their question.

Wow, This is an amazing read. Many people don't realise this much at all. Heh, Being a Moderator is bitter sweet and all, but you're basically a normal player giving out mutes, ect.

In this essay, You've stated many major points on how many players think of Modship.

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

+1 :thumbup:

nice essay. i just wish that those stupid wannabe mods will go away. i hope they realize that.

one good thing about being a p-mod i have to say is that what you says will be heard even if someones chat is on hide or off. useful for world 2 situations ::'

Money_Wasted.png

i just wish that those stupid wannabe mods will go away. i hope they realize that.

Yeah I don't think there's a more repugnant feature in some online games (but why not in real life too)... People who are so transparent and obviously planning their every action in the game to get a small silver crown image.

They even try to write like customer service robots, and are already PRIOR to being any mod, mentally convinced they're "authorities", and go around RS telling people "Please do not say that, you are breaking rule 7 section two", "You must interrupt this activity or I will be forced to report your behaviour".

No offense... But I find that kind of people disgusting and quite frankly, are the architype of people who should not be made p-mods in the game. They'll eventually start muting people and using their status to belittle others... If they see someone's sentence has 4 stars blocked out (****), instant mute... -.-