Item Lending = RWT

green9090

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have been reading this forum for the last number of years and have only ever felt the need to comment once or twice, but i really feal the need to comment now because i think that you highlanders are beening very ignorant.

First you are saying well how will this affect any one, well if this does actually happen, which i have no doubt it will in time, then it will afect you because as i can gather, from you being on these forums, you play runescape and if RWT suddenly realise they can make real money with no effort again then they will most certainly jump on that bandwagon.

Let me explain......if they realise that by having a green mask they can make even 50 cent an hour then surely they will do that, and i am loling at Aussietroopa because for all your high stats you sound like a newby in your post, lol at 'you have to be 100 cb lvl to have a godsword', lol at 'they just lost how many hours for a measly $5?'. First I my self have a level 55 that has over 60m and all of it is from that player not drop traded or macroing, and second what hours would they be losing?Have you never heard of a bot?All they have to do is put the player in seers bank etc. press go on there macroing script and it will cut and bank yews for them for ever, with out ever having them to 'lose' any hours.

And about my account it is very very easy to get rich with out a high combate lvl as i said, on that account i have 94 woodcutting.So i have gotten about 20m from that so far and all i had to do was invest in the ge for a while and i nearly have enough for a godsword, I certainly have enough for other highly sought after iteams e.g. santa, masks etc. And as i said it is only level 55.

never heard of a bot?All they have to do is put the player in seers bank etc. press go on there macroing script and it will cut and bank yews for them for ever, with out ever having them to 'lose' any hours.

-And about my account it is very very easy to get rich with out a high combate lvl as i said, on that account i have 94 woodcutting.So i have gotten about 20m from that so far and all i had to do was invest in the ge for a while and i nearly have enough for a godsword, I certainly have enough for other highly sought after iteams e.g. santa, masks etc. And as i said it is only level 55.

Here's a summed up of the arguments against your point of view.

-No insensitive to use it

-I understand highlanders that you mean insentive well the insentive is clearly so that you dont have to spend your rs gold, that is very clear.

-Overly expensive

-Highlanders you really are just being ignorant about this one, clearly the $5 that was said was just an example, it could be more or less than that but it is not the price that we are trying to discuss its the problem of RWT.

-Risk of getting banned

-Well this one really just takes the cookie, if these people cared about getting banned do you really think there would even be a problem with RWT in runescape?I think not.

You have a level 60 account with 90m. Congrats? No-one cares about your character. In general terms, only 100s+ have a Godsword. Don't believe me? Look around. How many level 60s are running around with more then 10m? Basically none. As for botting Yews, how many of those people get banned everyday? Macroing is fairly simple for Jagex to track in modern RuneScape. So you have a Rwt'er. They Auto'ed enough yew logs for a Bandos Godsword. That's 76,000 yew logs. Shall we say it takes them a week to cut down those logs. That's 168 hours of Macroing. Now say they get away with that. And they manage to go for a month lending the Godsword for $5 a day. Thats a pathetic $140. For 168 hours work. I somehow doubt they would do that, on a large scale, to make 83 cents an hour. It'll be same as always, they buy a Godsword for a certain amount, then sell it back into the player base for profit. That's were they make their money, not lending a Godsword out for 83 cents a hour. As for referring to me as if I talk like a "noob", I'm stating a simple fact. Name 5 people you know who have a Godsword on their account below level 90, who havent Rwt'ed or transferred across before the lending update. I for one can't. Since the trade limit, Merchanting has died and so has pking. Bam theres 2 massive money makers dead in one go. People dont have a Godsword below level 100, or over 20m in 90% of cases. Those that do? Congrats to them.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

If this starts happening I'm blaming you.

OP blows.

Because surely this idea is so out there that I'm the only one who could think of it. It's not like it's obvious or anything.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Aussietroopa im very happy to inform you that merchanting most certainly is not dead, i still 'merchant' every day on the ge.And i dont understande why everyone finds this so hard to beleive when a few examples of sites have allready been given.

What I don't agree with you is where you say the "Until logout" option needs to be removed. This option is vital, as I commonly let the tanker at Bandos use my Saradomin Godsword for a couple of special attacks, then he hands it back.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Jagex never said they were going to destroy RWT totaly. They delievered "a big blow" to RWT's. This update only shows that Jagex cares more about its players than RWTing. Calling them pig-headed and such, is just a waste of time. They did this update for the players, hell if they wanted to get rid of RWT forever they could just easily cancel out pvp cmb that has any risk at all, and take out trades outside of GE. Why don't they? Cus it would suck for us.

| Dragon drops: 5 | GWD drops: 8 | DK drops: 4 | Obby drops: 2 |

OP blows.

Because surely this idea is so out there that I'm the only one who could think of it. It's not like it's obvious or anything.

Exactly, now that you see this, I demand to have this thread locked.

i have a question, dont both players have to have a certain amount of qp if they want to lend a godsword in return for 30k gp, like over 200qp. plus as stated previously its quite hard to get ur hands on a gs if ur a bot. if theyre so worry that a bot will get their hands on a gs then dont allow players to buy them unless they have the lv to wield one, this will pretty much eliminate the bots chance in rwt. of course this wont stop some players who have reach the lvs to try rwt but its at their own risks

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

Sorry but not. You fail miserably.

Why pay 2-1$/hour for a GS when 1M is like 4-5$? If I were the person with the money, I would rather buy GP. Just saying. This doesn't mean that I have bought Gp or will ;)

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

i have a question, dont both players have to have a certain amount of qp if they want to lend a godsword in return for 30k gp, like over 200qp. plus as stated previously its quite hard to get ur hands on a gs if ur a bot. if theyre so worry that a bot will get their hands on a gs then dont allow players to buy them unless they have the lv to wield one, this will pretty much eliminate the bots chance in rwt. of course this wont stop some players who have reach the lvs to try rwt but its at their own risks

The following is to him and to everyone saying "it's hard to get your hands on a GS if you are a 'bot'":

First of all, a "bot" is a player who uses a program to train a skill. Most commonly Woodcutting. What you are trying to refer to is a cheater. Get your terms straight. Secondly, many cheaters have more than enough Gp to even buy a AGS. Take R2Pleasant for example, he manipulated the half wine economy and made the prices up to 70m ea wine at one point. He now sells RSGP & has sold more than 20b (billion).

I don't know how someone could pay ingame currency (gp) to be lent an item.. -.^

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

The only way further restrictions will be applied is if this source of 'income' is profitable enough to begin the Pin-seller's services again. Jagex only felt it being a personal attack when major GP-sellers begin to use their horribly-flawed Pin system against them, resulting in major profit-loss on their end. Buy 1M for $5, buy a $10 Pin for 1M; double your profit. Why was this such an issue? Because the ability to sell GP as RWT goes was rapidly successful in ratio of the cases that were not. Sure, Jagex was able to cut down major sellers a long time ago, before it got personal, but this only increased the hoarding process & developed a supply-and-demand system that was actually quite scary.

To discourage the personal attacks, they had one last ditch effort to thwart it all out which was to destroy all sources with a Trade-limit & disabled Pking/Dueling. As devastating a blow it was to everyone game-wide, it pretty much solved all their problems in one month. Thinking of their players, they established alternative systems that appealed to our best interests, while keeping the RWTers at bay.

One could argue that the Bounty Hunter & Loaning System flaws benefit RWT too much, but the sources are remote. A year ago, one could easily sell 60M and transfer it under any circumstances , yet today those same circumstances are quite limited & at a much greater risk. Not only do major sellers have PayPal (which ironically enough happens to be the best source of internet funds) working against them, the same sellers have to worry about mishaps in-game. Perhaps another player kills him first? The buyer demands a refund that he doesn't wish to issue; thus creating a PayPal claim which results in the buyer's immediate depletion of sources. How can one expect to stay in business through such risk? Sure, this was all possible a year ago, but the likeliness of the risk wasn't quite as well presented.

The thought that the loan system could generate such a success with little effort isn't a well-thought idea. Sure, anything is possible, but I highly doubt there will ever be a major 'loaner' that'll benefit a year's earnings in what Rs2Pleasant or Duke Freedom earned in a day. Just isn't logically with the type of restrictions that are applied. The assumption that these updates are likely to bring back the RWT days of old is an ignorant one. Jagex disabled almost all possibilities in one fatal sweep while still considering the legitimate players. There will always be RWT and as long as it isn't as cut-throat as it use to be, it shouldn't be an issue that you should dwell upon.

dracomagecopy.png

Never, I can finally help out my friend's and spend more time with them, and I could care less of RWT come's back this way. On your topic of lending out God Swords, no one is going to spend real cash for it, especially $23 a day. Your idea of putting limits on Items to lend to your friend's is preposterous, Item Lending was meant for friend's to help each other out, not rent it out. So why would Jagex put price tag's on item lending in the first place?

OP blows.

idea? lmfao, more like the biggest misunderstanding ive ever seen on these forums.

im probably the only one on this thread to figure it out.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

How to solve this? Well, the first part of the fix was introduced today. The ability to trade item lends as an item is a good first step- now they need to go on the GE. That's right, ITEM LOANS NEED A GE VALUE. The nature of item lending makes this fantastically easy to implement- you put your Godsword up on the GE for loan for X number of hours, and somebody with an offer up to borrow that Godsword for the same number of hours for the same or higher amount gets it for that amount of time. You get the Godsword back at the end of the loan period.

O RLY? That's a bigger loophole, Player puts up useless item people don't borrow (Rune wc axe?) for about 500K and the RWT buys. Just doesn't work.

I don't know about you guys, but I am way too lazy to mess with paypal just to hold an item for a day.

By the time I have talked to the guy on [a chosen cheating website], filled out paypal, had second thoughts about it, and then finally meeting him in game, I could of found someone to give me the item for free. Or I could simply use the time I have to make 30k with Runecrafting.

Stellactic.gif

i posted here before, but another thing i would like to add is that this method wont make rwt companies enough money since it is for a short period of time.

That depends, 24 hours can seem like alot of time, and when its over they obviously buy it again..in the end the money will add up after each time lent... duh :lol: