Item Lending = RWT

green9090

You can only loan one item at a time. The amount of work required to do this on a large scale just isnt worth it. The RWTers will stick to powerlevelling peoples characters.

That's already hard as it is, I looked into some RWT'ers, and they use a proxy in the client's local country while leveling up (which also causes them lag/other problems+ it's very hard to find good low-latency proxies in countries like South Korea, Brazil, etc.) to avoid suspicion. Jagex has pretty much gotten rid of venues for real-world trading in large scale... But like the item lending scenario shows, it will probably always be there on an individual level.

What's stopping a guy from paying $10 to "lend" a Godsword? Not much really. Jagex has no way of knowing if it's a "genuine" loan. But the 1-loan-only defeats the purpose of making a business out of item lending.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have been reading this forum for the last number of years and have only ever felt the need to comment once or twice, but i really feal the need to comment now because i think that you highlanders are beening very ignorant.

First you are saying well how will this affect any one, well if this does actually happen, which i have no doubt it will in time, then it will afect you because as i can gather, from you being on these forums, you play runescape and if RWT suddenly realise they can make real money with no effort again then they will most certainly jump on that bandwagon.

Let me explain......if they realise that by having a green mask they can make even 50 cent an hour then surely they will do that, and i am loling at Aussietroopa because for all your high stats you sound like a newby in your post, lol at 'you have to be 100 cb lvl to have a godsword', lol at 'they just lost how many hours for a measly $5?'. First I my self have a level 55 that has over 60m and all of it is from that player not drop traded or macroing, and second what hours would they be losing?Have you never heard of a bot?All they have to do is put the player in seers bank etc. press go on there macroing script and it will cut and bank yews for them for ever, with out ever having them to 'lose' any hours.

And about my account it is very very easy to get rich with out a high combate lvl as i said, on that account i have 94 woodcutting.So i have gotten about 20m from that so far and all i had to do was invest in the ge for a while and i nearly have enough for a godsword, I certainly have enough for other highly sought after iteams e.g. santa, masks etc. And as i said it is only level 55.

never heard of a bot?All they have to do is put the player in seers bank etc. press go on there macroing script and it will cut and bank yews for them for ever, with out ever having them to 'lose' any hours.

-And about my account it is very very easy to get rich with out a high combate lvl as i said, on that account i have 94 woodcutting.So i have gotten about 20m from that so far and all i had to do was invest in the ge for a while and i nearly have enough for a godsword, I certainly have enough for other highly sought after iteams e.g. santa, masks etc. And as i said it is only level 55.

Here's a summed up of the arguments against your point of view.

-No insensitive to use it

-I understand highlanders that you mean insentive well the insentive is clearly so that you dont have to spend your rs gold, that is very clear.

-Overly expensive

-Highlanders you really are just being ignorant about this one, clearly the $5 that was said was just an example, it could be more or less than that but it is not the price that we are trying to discuss its the problem of RWT.

-Risk of getting banned

-Well this one really just takes the cookie, if these people cared about getting banned do you really think there would even be a problem with RWT in runescape?I think not.

-Well this one really just takes the cookie, if these people cared about getting banned do you really think there would even be a problem with RWT in runescape?I think not.

Risk of getting either banned or scammed over lending is different than risking it for actually getting to keep the items. The saying "for what it's worth" comes to mind.

I think Green's theory is based on Lending Items = Trading Items, which is not the real case. Old RWT was successful because players used the opportunity to advance their accounts - you could RWT old days of RWT. The future of RWT isn't like that at all. With $500, a rich kid could... borrow rares temporarily. That's what is meant by no harm is being done. Here, achievements aren't being devalued like they used to be.

And some advice for you King: Debate the topic, not the person. 9 times out of 10, flame wars will be avoided this way.

ok thanks for the advice zierro.

But i dont agree with you, i think that if this does happen that it will devalue levels. Example, rich kid with daddys credit card camps somewhere like experiments and gets 75 strengh and lets say 60 attack, but has no money.Then he goes off and rentsa godsword for 24hours at a time so that his friends think he is brilliant.Then all his friends want one to so he points them in the direction of this handy website that rents of iteams.Suddenly there are lots and lots of people doing this.

Now are you telling me that wount devalue 1) the iteam itself in the ge and 2) the goal that many mid level players have of owning a godsword because if little rich kids can just go out and rent one for a few weeks just renewing it every 24 hours and everyone else has to work for months to save up all there geepees?

ok thanks for the advice zierro.

But i dont agree with you, i think that if this does happen that it will devalue levels. Example, rich kid with daddys credit card camps somewhere like experiments and gets 75 strengh and lets say 60 attack, but has no money.Then he goes off and rentsa godsword for 24hours at a time so that his friends think he is brilliant.Then all his friends want one to so he points them in the direction of this handy website that rents of iteams.Suddenly there are lots and lots of people doing this.

Now are you telling me that wount devalue 1) the iteam itself in the ge and 2) the goal that many mid level players have of owning a godsword because if little rich kids can just go out and rent one for a few weeks just renewing it every 24 hours and everyone else has to work for months to save up all there geepees?

People already thought this would happen with normal item lending, it doesnt generally devalue the item by that much if it has a use. Moreso, people will try to work for that item, since they could try the item. This sort of levels each other out.

But hey, you can't stop RWT. Now rich kids will pay to try the item, and pay to transfer it in BH.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

So I just had a discussion with Paul Gower about this in-game. My hands are still shaking. Basically, he agrees that this is unlikely to become a big issue. He also doesn't care if a few people pay for it as long as it doesn't threaten the company again. Then we got off topic, talked about GE trade limits and junk trading and updates to skills and blood and death rune prices. That was pretty awesome.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

This is going dangerously off-topic, but:

He seems to think junk trading is an acceptable thing. He made it clear he isn't sure how the rest of the staff feels about it, but he personally sees it as a good way to keep merchanting alive without opening the door for RWT. I pointed out that it makes some items very difficult to trade, like third age, and he seemed astonished that people actually HAVE 70mil in junk. It may be something he looks into in cases like that, he says.

For the GE, all he had to say was that the trade restrictions are there for a reason. He said there was definitely an argument for removing price floors, but didn't seem keen on the idea. He seemed to like, for example, that skillers benefit from the arrangement of mithril arrows selling slowly for a higher price than they would go for if the GE accurately reflected their value. It's kind of odd how he views the market- it's not supposed to be 100% efficient in his mind, he likes the quirks and blips.

He also talked to me about skills. I asked him why skills cut off so early in many cases, and he explained that in the past, they expected the game to sort of end for people at level 80ish in all skills. The only reason they initially put in levels 81-99 was for people who wanted to continue to hang out and skill with their lower level friends, but they felt that putting in such very high level abilities would be discouraging. The game, when these things were decided, was immature. They had smaller plans, and never expected people to stick around for 5, 6, 7 years, attaining multiple level 99s. He went on to say that they have since corrected this viewpoint, which is why we see Summoning (the skill I commend in my giant skill suggestion as being well-balanced) going all the way to 99 with useful familiars. They are taking it slow with some skills as a sort of reserve for appreciated updates, which makes sense on some level- they can pull out the level 95 slayer monster complete with awesome new armor any time when they need something people will like. It's frustrating for the players who are starting to run out of stuff to do, but it works well for the majority.

Finally, we discussed the runecrafting dilemma of blood runes costing less than death runes. I suggested that we need more spells that use a lot of blood runes and no death runes, and he remained determinately quiet. I interpret this as my idea already being in the works *crosses fingers*. He changed the subject to what they'll need to do when the soul altar comes out, and we discussed what sort of Lunar spells could use soul runes (more advanced combat aid spells). Then he had to go.

Edit: Paul would like to clarify: "As long as the rulebreaking is little enough that we can keep on top of it by banning the perpetrators - then I don't want to be limiting legit player's gameplay." This is a slightly different message than what I said about him not minding the RWTing. He seems pretty adamant that he will totally ban people doing that.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Looks like the prophecy is coming true?

http://www.runescapelending.com/

P.S - I am in no way advertising that site or encouraging anyone to use it. If mods find this inappropriate then please remove it.

Status=Unavailable
#-o

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If you people really think there will be no market for item lending then you really are as ignorant as you are stupid. Green9090 has a valid argument here.

Honestly, does it really matter anymore?

I don't understand this statement.

Of course it matters if RWT Happens. Rwt was the whole reason that the game was updated like this in the first place to stop free trade. It seems jagex haev gone full cirlce on us.

edit:

[hide=10 Second google search turned up..]Pic: http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8171 ... ncedv4.png

rwtevidencedv4.png[/hide]

Who the hell would pay 20$ to have an AGS only for a day? That's 4 months of membership. I doubt people even reallly really desperate for attention would do this. Not to mention most of RS players don't even have a credit card to begin with, and have to ask mommy around for purchases. You could get it for cheap, even for free in-game, I see no point.

pay $20 for they days loan of a AGS, farm bandos for the day, make 30m, you've saved like $50 from buying that 30m.

EDIT: actually, i think i might try that.. :-k

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

Interesting, more Lunar spells :mrgreen:

OT: RWT'ing does still exist. The infamous R2_Pleasent is still selling 100's of Mils, all through Bounty Hunter.

So it's still going on, and the Lend Item system will only make it a tad worse.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Lend system can probably be policed a lot easier than items traded through bounty hunter though. Jagex will be able to track the owners of loaned items and check to see if they are bots or rwters for example. Also the site given of Whip: $1.00/hour just isnt going to work long term when you can buy the money needed to get one (1.5m) for about $5 from a RWT site and you get it to keep. Item lending just will not work for real world traders there is too much risk and not enough money in it especially when there are people prepared to lend items for free when they arent using them.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Item lending as RWT will never become hugely successful, simply because there is too much effort needed to get items that are popular to lend, and because of the one item lend limit. Even if someone tries this, it will be a small time operation that affects noone beyond the rwter and the idiot who buys the service. I really don't understand why people are comparing potential rwting through item lending with old-style RWTing, where bots and goldfarmers flooded the economy with cheap resources. Who else would be affected by item-lending RWT? In almost every case someone could make the gp to get an item lended in less time and with less effort than cash to buy the lend, without running the risk of being banned. Where is the incentive to buy a lend with cash, rather than gp? And even if by some wild chance people started doing this, it would still be an extremely small scale operation which would not affect the community.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Listen to highlanders. What's the point of RWT via Item lending when it can be already done through either:

-Accumulated Junk

-Bounty Hunter (at high risk)

I'd go for the first option though

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

The only thing to debate in this thread is when did the majority of tipit become Jagex appoligists?

You cannot debate that this update made real world trading alot easier.

Before it was really a burden on the person wanting to buy gp to come up with all that junk they need to make the unbalanced trade.

Now, they just lend something stupid like lend a RWTer a rune full helm or dragon med for 24 hrs at 30k per hour for 720k.

Thats 720k of gp that can be traded a day effortlessly and 5mil a week.

Paul Gower must be a sucker to think that 720k a day for nothing isn't a juicy attraction for little kids with daddy's credit card.

I await the return of bots....

Come to me little bald wonders! =P~

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I think it will depend on what kind of legitimate lending market emerges. If people do turn out to be willing to rent GodSwords etc. within the trade limits, nobody would want to get involved with a black market when there is a legitimate market available anyway. People are willing to throw away a lot of gps for nothing instead of throwing away real cash for nothing. You don't even get to keep the item.

However, I doubt that this will happen because the trade restrictions are still to strict. Weirdly, we've ended up with a situation where loosening the trade limits a bit would limit RWTing.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

rwt will always be impossible to make it extinct. it still survives in other ways.

in bh even though u cannot take money u may take expensive armor.... u know the rest

and account will high levels being traded

it still exists its just been cut down alot!

i think there will be rwt in this but not so much. nobody really wants to pay rl cash for only couple of hours. maybe permanent but not temporary.

Yes, i can see this happenning but you also have to look at that you can only use the services of one godsword for a day...so you need lots of players with godswords or that kind of stuff doing this, and ye i really dont see this getting popular.

gabby_air.png

Best tip.it F.O.G. player =)

"No mercy for the weak, no pity for the dying, no tears for the slain"

Seeing as 1 mil was I think like 13$, 1 day for a godsword shouldn't even make RWT's money at all. Who would honestly spend like 5$ to BORROW an item for 1 day. Thats just easy money for RWT, and I hope no one in their right mind ever does it.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Well i'm not going to be very much help because I would rather see Runescape be filled with cheaters then have all these restrictions(sorry, i'm pretty conservative, and I liked things the way they were)...

however, because Jagex already has the game in lockdown, it probably shouldn't be in vain...because of this, you are right, there will need to be some sort of restriction.

w4M8t.png