75 Or Straight To 80? (New Armours)

@Dan3HitU

What do you think the next set of Armour req will be?

Do you think they'll do a 75? (Godswords are 75 Attack but they go with the Level 65 Defence 3rd Age, don't forget that)

Or do you think they'll jump straight to the 80 Armours?

Either way, what bonuses do you think you'll be seeing from them?

Torags' best Defence bonus is +257 (slash) Torag doesn't have a shield or boots as standard

Dragons' best Defence bonus is +276 (slash) Dragon has both a shield (not DFS) and boots as standard

Do you think new armours will be a full-set? Or just Helm, Plate, Legs (like Torags)

I hope that they don't release a full set at once. I hope they release, just every once in a while, a one off, unique item that will never be a part of a set but is superior to every other armor in it's catagory.

Like a "Superior Helmet" that will destroy every other helmet in the game but never have a "Superior Plate and Legs"

Oh and i hope they go straight to 80. <3: Or 99. <3:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Like a "Superior Helmet" that will destroy every other helmet in the game but never have a "Superior Plate and Legs"

Like dfs is to shields.

I would also like something like "superior helm", but I also like armor that matches in color and all that.

Little hard to decide but if there is released level 80 armour, it might degrade like barrows does, and have a higher stat bonus then barrows.

It might also be some kind of armour you have to charge via a minigame, kinda like the fist of guthix minigame.

The armor would be a drop and a minigame is used to charge the armor.

That would take some time of course which would probably make the armor worse then barrows...

good topic :D i though about it a few days ago. i concluded to myself that it would be good with 85(godsword is 75) and 95 ;) and then maybe 90 but not 80 that will just be a waste :D

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

good topic :D i though about it a few days ago. i concluded to myself that it would be good with 85(godsword is 75) and 95 ;) and then maybe 90 but not 80 that will just be a waste :D

I personally think that the new armour should be either 80 or 90, whats wrong with 80? Why would it be waste?

I say 85 and 95 would be complete [cabbage] tbh..

tifsbti6oi.gif

I personally think that the new armour should be either 80 or 90, whats wrong with 80? Why would it be waste?

godswords is very powerfull at 75. so 80 would only be a bit more powerfull then anti dragon shield. so 85 would be a great deal more powerfull ;)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I'm fine with anything as long it's not another 3rd age/full dragon helm, eg very rare items that cannot be realistically obtained and have little practical value.

2480+ total

godswords is very powerfull at 75. so 80 would only be a bit more powerfull then anti dragon shield. so 85 would be a great deal more powerfull ;)

ahh I see your point there :D

tifsbti6oi.gif

Armor already causes a lot of 0s in pvp combat. I don't think more powerful ones will be released for a while....

Note that Bandos armour (good melee armour) was added about a year ago.

Timeline:

Slayer Helmet - 05-Jun-2008

God Wars Dungeon - 28-Aug-2007

Dragon Full Helmet - 03-Jul-2007

The Dragonfire Shield - 18-Jun-2007

The Dark Bow - 11-Jun-2007

3rd Age Armour - 05-Dec-2006

Skill Capes - 18-Oct-2006

Pest Control Armour - 18-Apr-2006

Barrows Gloves (Recipe for Disaster!) - 15-Mar-2006

Fire Cape (TzHaar Fight Caves) - 04-Oct-2005

Fremminik Armour (Waterbirth Island) - 01-Aug-2005

Barrows Armour - 09-May-2005

As you can see, the last "Awesome" armour update was in august last year.

We might be getting something very good soon. :D

I don't think we'll get something stronger, I think we'll get something unique like Bandos was with the strength bonuses.

Yeah, you're probably right. It will could have a Prayer bonus or something that makes it a little more interesting.

Id like to see somthing that requires 80.

We need a high level armor.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

If items stronger than Torags & Godswords come out, I don't think they will for another few years.

In my opinon it's better if we could upgrade our current equipment (kind of like how you enchant helmets to hold scrolls) with a skill or via NPC.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

I hope they make 80, 90 and 99 requirement armours to be honest but that will take ages :cry: but yeah, I think because many things are powerful and they're only in the 70 - 75 level requirement bracket, I think they'll have to introduce more armour set-effects based things like barrows but maybe without the repairing thing and lower defence bonuses etc.

E.G half way between dragon and 3rd age's defence, but also with a set effect like maybe occasionally doing poison damage \'

2vuhgcn.png

I'm for 80. Remember, the Dragonfire Shield requires a defence level of 75 to wield. Not only that but the godswords require 75 attack. The only problem is, the godswords are 2H's. ;) Most just go for the whip when using a Dragonfire Shield, and barrows, bandos, armadyl, or 3rd Age when using godswords.

Plus, 80 just looks better. :lol:

r2kuft.gif

Click Here for my RSOF 99 Construction G&A thread! Post your support!