Today...

Leoo

We've only had one major riot or protest in the history of our country after freedom from Soviet occupation. That was in 2007, for a single day, when Russian minorities started rioting because the government dared to relocate a statue memorating the losses of Soviet soldiers in WWII. It was relocated from one of the main squares in city to the cemetary, where it should belong.

Otherwise, not a single time.

Wonder, if we are too emotionless and simply don't care enough to go to the streets or are we just blackout drunk all the time.

And why the [bleep] would you need to riot anyway? Unless you had one very specific goal in mind. Which, as far as I have learned so far the rioters in your areas don't have right now.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Let's be fair, in the initial protests, the protesters were peaceful until the police started firing on them with tear gas and rubber bullets.

From what I've heard, most of the protests last night were peaceful as well, there were just a few outbursts, and a lot of them they suspect were done by people from outside of Ferguson. One of the people they were looking for in connection with the fires was a white male in an America bandana.

Things are bad there, absolutely, but the police are doing absolutely nothing to *help* the situation, just as they haven't been since Brown was killed.

Peaceful is a funny word. If by peaceful, you mean not damaging property, shooting off guns, and other stuff, yeah maybe. But even the "peaceful" protesters were doing stuff like blocking intersections and being disruptive to the average person.

I saw something on the news this evening (not sure how accurate), but they said that of the 60 or so people they arrested, only 2 of them were not local residents. It would seem to me that it wasn't a bunch of people from other cities (or states) that just came by to loot stores under the cover of the other protesters (although, there probably were a few).

But for real though... I understand people being disappointed and all, but what possesses a person to go and destroy their own community because of something that was not in their control? It seems to me that there is a problem with the people in that area being overall uneducated and uncivilized.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

But all it does is makes me want to run people over so I can go on my way instead of get out and support their cause. The way I see it, it just draws people away from the real issue instead of towards it. If I turn on a tv and scan the channels for anything on this subject nobody really cares about the verdict or what some would consider a human rights issue right now, all they care about is publicizing the riots. In my eyes, it only makes them look like the enemy instead of the government system or the police which, from my narrow understanding, is what their message is.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

In my eyes, it only makes them look like the enemy instead of the government system or the police which, from my narrow understanding, is what their message is.

Following up on Tyler's post: even if most of the protests are peaceful, it just takes one idiot acting out to spark things - whether that someone is someone who doesn't care about the issue and is using the situation as an excuse to go nuts, a trigger-happy cop/rioter, someone who wants to discredit the movement... You know, things that we internet-dwellers should be very familiar with.

Granted, I'm not following the case in any capacity (aside from tangential exposure through Tumblr-enthusiasts and/or casual racists - both renowned for their lack of bias)

Yum, racism.

That's all what it boils down to. Black shoots black? No problem. White shoots white? No problem. Black shoots white? No problem. White shoots black? Everyone goes crazy.

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

I heard latest AC had micro transactions in single player. That is super not ok

I totally forgot about that. This is Ubisoft at their finist. I also understand that the micro transaction store was the first thing they fixed, instead of you know, the actual game. I was not aware they released a second AC game at the same time. The fiasco that is AC:U seems to have overshadowed that (unless you mean the companion app that serves to make the game more annoying, in which case I totally heard about that).

On the protests, I was watching that last night live a bit, as were a few people in my tank clan. I learned a lot about at least some facets of American culture listening to their views on it, all very interesting to me. I have seen no credible source, at least so far, that rubber bullets were ever used. They certainly refrained from using tear gas for a very long time. The first method of dispersal they tried were actually smoke grenades. I don't think any tear gas was used until the very end, when you can see them lobbing the tear gas grenades out of APC's.

It also seems that the police were attacked first.

As a personal thought, while I consider the right to protest a crucial part of any democratic system, I really wish that once it turned to rioting they would be a lot faster on the tear gas or methods of dispersing people such as the Active Denial System or sonic weapons. I think opening with the smoke grenades is good, and people should absolutely be given a signal that things are about to get very real and given time to disperse on their own accord, but then methods that actually work need to be employed rather than sitting back for hours and letting the rioters do ever more damage. Rubber bullets, though I may feel rioters deserve it, are pretty dangerous, and probably not something that should be used unless the police are in a lot of danger, or are under fire from real weapons (which would provide them a way to shoot back without mowing down entire crowds of people who aren't using guns). I also feel like there might be a place for stun grenades in crowd control, though I'm not sure how well they work in open areas. Just thinking that they are probably kinder than ADS for sure (which has probably never been used in a riot situation. I can see that not going over well), and they have the upside of incapacitating people long enough to arrest them, rather than making them scatter like tear gas, ADS, sonic weaponry, or malodorants do.

On the subject of protests, one of the fastest ways to make me lose sympathy for your cause is to interfere with traffic. Frankly, I don't even have to be caught in it. I've been in enough bad traffic that I'll likely default to sympathising with motorists over you on principle. By blocking traffic, you show no empathy towards the motorists situation, so why should they, or anyone else, sympathise with your cause in turn? I get the idea of making people aware of your protest, I just don't see making them angry at you being a viable means of gaining support.

The second AC game that got out is called AC Rogue.

It is a full-fledged AC game, only that it is only on PS3 and X360.

That game, as first one in the series follows a Templar instead of Assassin, meaning all the gameplay points are turned around. You can kill civilians, soldiers are your friends, and assassins most definitely come after you.

Haystacks are your enemies.

It is a lot like AC IV, but it also does a lot differently. And the setting is more from AC III, as in you have NYC and Northern Atlantic and icebergs n shit.

I haven't played it myself, but I would definitely play it, if I could afford to buy it.

Slept less than an hour tonight, making a presentation and studying for an exam.

Tired as [bleep].

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

They didn't get the raw end of the deal. He shouldn't have been walking in the middle of the street, provoking another person (especially one with a gun), or stealing cheap cigars from a gas station. I'm not saying that he deserved to get shot, much less die, but at the end of the day, if there was anyone one person with fault, it was Brown.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

They didn't get the raw end of the deal. He shouldn't have been walking in the middle of the street, provoking another person (especially one with a gun), or stealing cheap cigars from a gas station. I'm not saying that he deserved to get shot, much less die, but at the end of the day, if there was anyone one person with fault, it was Brown.

No one would shoot you if you stole $6 worth of cigars

My point is that he put himself in a bad situation, which he had almost complete control of, and instead of looking for outs, just kept digging deeper. And not by accident either, he was essentially asking for it. Don't want to burn your house down? Then don't play with matches inside... But if you do play with matches inside, don't go around splashing the walls, furniture, and carpet with gasoline first.

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

No one would shoot you if you stole $6 worth of cigars

No, but they would shoot him if he tried to attack a police officer and steal his gun.

And you can argue that anti police actions are fine by protestors, but torching and looting businesses is never justified.

I hate this Ferguson thing. There is no right. There is no "just". There is no excuse. There is no side. But I can't complain that I dont want to hear anymore of it without getting the whole "you're white you just don't get it" speech.

I'm a philosophy minor. Im a minority. I spent 4 years in the murder capital of the US. I GET IT. And what I am beginning to see is everyone is expressing whatever controversial view they have, as loud as they can to validate themselves. Racism is an issue. Duh. Police brutality is an issue. Duh. Media coverage is slanted. Duh. None of this "news" is any new to me. And its sad that this crap is still an issue. Blabbing about it doesn't change anything. And all this "awareness" crap needs to stop. We're aware. You know what else I'm aware about? Spend 5 minutes on tumblr and I promise there's something worth giving a shit about out there thats just as relevant. The world is [bleep]ed up. Be the change you want to see. Get used to it or change it. Stop whining about it.

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

The riots haven't even turned into a total shitstorm yet (as far as I'm aware) and someone's managed to shoot them-self. http://wgntv.com/2014/11/24/woman-saying-were-ready-for-ferguson-accidentally-shoots-self-in-head-dies/

God damn you guys have messed up gun laws and idiots over there. :|

On a lighter note, got my boots out of lay-by, bought a new singlet and finally upgraded my brick of a phone to an iPhone 6.

Popoto.~<3

The black community certainly got the raw end of the deal because there is basically no other explanation for there not being an indictment besides systemic racism. That's not to say Wilson is guilty of any crimes, but given the evidence available it is absolutely ludicrous not to indict him.

Is it? Autopsy results were consistent with his story, coupled with an alarming amount of witness contradiction.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The amount of shots fired is the most damning part for me. Sounds like the kid attacked him and he snapped. But what you guys can't see that I can, having been to Ferguson and from near the area, is that the police dept is 95% white in a predominantly black town. And they will stop you for being black. That's not exaggerated.

The amount of shots fired is the most damning part for me. Sounds like the kid attacked him and he snapped. But what you guys can't see that I can, having been to Ferguson and from near the area, is that the police dept is 95% white in a predominantly black town. And they will stop you for being black. That's not exaggerated.

Damning for the officer? You're not taught to take a shot and stop, you're taught to shoot until they're no longer a threat. Contrary to popular belief, one bullet will rarely bring a charging man to an instant halt....

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif

The black community certainly got the raw end of the deal because there is basically no other explanation for there not being an indictment besides systemic racism. That's not to say Wilson is guilty of any crimes, but given the evidence available it is absolutely ludicrous not to indict him.
Is it? Autopsy results were consistent with his story, coupled with an alarming amount of witness contradiction.

All of this is according to random articles I've been reading, but one from a public defender said that all you need to do to get an indictment is demonstrate probable cause i.e. reasonable grounds for an investigation into a potential crime. Many people who are upset about this result believe that differing eyewitness testimonies would have been enough for an indictment in any case where a non police officer had done the killing.

I was under the impression that indictment didn't usually happen without reasonable grounds for conviction....

polvCwJ.gif