Today...

Leoo

So since i stopped smoking i figured i'd save a bit of money each month, probably around $100. Well... i was wrong. Pretty sure i'm spending more than $100 a month now, on cookies and shit. I've been eating like a pig since i stopped smoking. Probably not a bad thing. I was about 15kg under weight. Won't be for long, at this rate.

• Like 1

For [bleep]s sake.

I haven't drunk posted in over a week now. Remember how I made a promise to myself to stay more sober? Well, it has more or less succeeded so far, I have only drunk once (on Friday).

And why I posted about that relative is that all the young people among my relatives from my mother's side are ugly, but smart (the head editor for the largest pop science magazine in the ccountry comes to mind, who'd rather jump into a flaming house than say hello to a stranger female. Or a bloke, who won silver medal at the international natural sciences olympiade). She is almost 16, and she is pretty, but she ain't the sharpest crayon in the box. Which makes it weird. Since she doesn't conform to standards that I am used to.

Which is why I posted in the first place.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

You think a Goon has any rationality?

You gotta explain it simply.

Goonstalf - sexy - teats - milk.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Imperator,I do the same course at the same institution but I'm a year behind Boris. What I'd say in answer to your question is transcription and translation, cell biology and cell organelles and some chemistry calculations (figuring out the moles of a Substance) are some things that we still use at degree level

Ahh okay, that's very interesting. Which university do you both currently attend? Also, it is interesting how you folk still use knowledge carried over from several years ago. Did you have to refer to your old documents when you took the course since they recycled some old key knowledge? Or perhaps you and Boris don't forget stuff. :P

All I'll say is we attend a Uni in the top 40 of the ranked Universities in the UK. Don't want to narrow down our location too much  :D

To be honest, I have not had to look at anything from GCSE because we've expanded so much on that - but I do remember the things I learnt years back as a foundation for some of the complex things we've had to understand at this point.  :)

• Like 1

For [bleep]s sake.

I haven't drunk posted in over a week now. Remember how I made a promise to myself to stay more sober? Well, it has more or less succeeded so far, I have only drunk once (on Friday).

And why I posted about that relative is that all the young people among my relatives from my mother's side are ugly, but smart (the head editor for the largest pop science magazine in the ccountry comes to mind, who'd rather jump into a flaming house than say hello to a stranger female. Or a bloke, who won silver medal at the international natural sciences olympiade). She is almost 16, and she is pretty, but she ain't the sharpest crayon in the box. Which makes it weird. Since she doesn't conform to standards that I am used to.

Which is why I posted in the first place.

Just pull out next time man

All I'll say is we attend a Uni in the top 40 of the ranked Universities in the UK. Don't want to narrow down our location too much  :D

To be honest, I have not had to look at anything from GCSE because we've expanded so much on that - but I do remember the things I learnt years back as a foundation for some of the complex things we've had to understand at this point.  :)

Ahh ofcourse, I understand. That is a very impressive achievement @MuffinMaddy.  :thumbup: You must have worked hard for that. 

irs.png

Check out my upcoming Progress thread in the spoiler!

imperatorrssig.png

*Currently postponed until further notice

So since i stopped smoking i figured i'd save a bit of money each month, probably around $100. Well... i was wrong. Pretty sure i'm spending more than $100 a month now, on cookies and shit. I've been eating like a pig since i stopped smoking. Probably not a bad thing. I was about 15kg under weight. Won't be for long, at this rate.

I think cigarettes are a hunger suppressant, so that makes sense, especially if you are also using food as a replacement hand-to-mouth activity.

I think I understand how you feel though. I take a drug that suppresses hunger, and to fend off starvation my body apparently decided to flip the "eat something now" switch to on permanently, almost regardless of hunger. It becomes a problem when you consider that I'm actually not dangerously underweight (used to be close), and after years of adapting to the medication, it's now an integral part of not having a rapidly expanding waist size (my inseem is longer than my waist, and I would prefer to keep things that way :lol:). If I ever stop needing the medication, I will have to find a way to arrange my life so that I am never sitting down near my kitchen, particularly to watch TV, lest I eat a jar of pickles every day (I get really specific cravings. Pickles are currently a common one, as is hot chocolate).

I love hot chocolate as well, and sadly I probably consume too many calories from it. The diet version tastes like crap too, unfortunately :(.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I completed my Biology Higher Tier examination which was a breeze. Standard Biology will commence next week. I also have a Chemistry examination which I will probably struggle to get a B (Chemistry is not my strong points).  :unsure:

irs.png

Check out my upcoming Progress thread in the spoiler!

imperatorrssig.png

*Currently postponed until further notice

I love hot chocolate as well, and sadly I probably consume too many calories from it. The diet version tastes like crap too, unfortunately :(.

I made hot chocolate with coffee creamer instead of water once. Pretty sure I almost died.

I made hot chocolate with coffee creamer instead of water once. Pretty sure I almost died.

You mean with liquid creamer + a hot chocolate packet or...?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I think cigarettes are a hunger suppressant, so that makes sense, especially if you are also using food as a replacement hand-to-mouth activity.

I think I understand how you feel though. I take a drug that suppresses hunger, and to fend off starvation my body apparently decided to flip the "eat something now" switch to on permanently, almost regardless of hunger. It becomes a problem when you consider that I'm actually not dangerously underweight (used to be close), and after years of adapting to the medication, it's now an integral part of not having a rapidly expanding waist size (my inseem is longer than my waist, and I would prefer to keep things that way :lol:). If I ever stop needing the medication, I will have to find a way to arrange my life so that I am never sitting down near my kitchen, particularly to watch TV, lest I eat a jar of pickles every day (I get really specific cravings. Pickles are currently a common one, as is hot chocolate).

Yeah cigarettes do suppress hunger (somewhat). I used to joke around saying it's cheaper for me to smoke than it would be for me to quit. Seems i wasn't too far off. It's crazy, i feel like i have to be eating something the entire time. But it'll just take some getting used too, i think. It was the same when i started taking my ADHD medication. I was thirsty the entire time. I drank more water in a day that i previously did in a week. And now i hardly even notice it.

One thing that's kind of disappointing though is that i've actually lost 3kg since i stopped smoking. I was like 10-12kg underweight already, and i was actually excited at the thought of gaining a bit of weight. When i checked earlier today... well i lost 3kg. I'm probably one of the few people who lose weight after they quit smoking. 

Maybe you could chew gum (not nicotine, just sugar-free or something) to help a little? It won't replace calories but the motion might be a decent substitute. Not sure if you're a fan of it or if it's possible though.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I can't imagine having hot chocolate with anything other than milk.

And I should have expected a comment as Low Levelled did.

But no, I did not hook up with her, and no, I haven't seen her since I saw her at the cemetary, and no I haven't and don't plan on having sex with her.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Noxx, grow a goatee and stroke it whenever you need something to do with your hands/face. I theorize this actually helps (I never ended up really running the scientific process on the hypothesis so tell me how it goes!)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

WE9YKSy.jpg

That

Seriously. Let's drop that topic.

WE9YKSy.jpg

That

Somehow I never imagined you as someone who would attempt that...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Current bane of my existence = scheduling and timing. Coordinating my social life with my current schedule, trying to coordinate 3 peoples' schedules with our ride's schedule for Sasquatch festival, scheduling moving out of my dorm, and trying to build a working schedule for autumn quarter with a bunch of in-demand classes that may very well fill up as I try to register at 6am Thursday = a pain in the ass. 

Also I have to start doing research assistance autumn quarter but I don't even know what area of psych to focus on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I thought I was more interested in human/child development but now I feel like I'm more interested in clinical type stuff... ehhhh

And what did I miss, yet again?

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc