Today...

Leoo

So today I heard that the higher-ups had approved of our plan to get our all-male choir on a North-American trip next year.

As in they finance the thing.

But it is still in an idea level.

Also, Eurovision. Estonia got to the finals. Also the hot stuffs Hungary and Russia. Hungarian singer looks just like Sasha Grey...

It is [bleep]ing fun to watch it with good friends, who can make witty comments about it all the time.

Or have a drinking game with it.

The Finnish entry is hot too. 

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

So today I heard that the higher-ups had approved of our plan to get our all-male choir on a North-American trip next year.

As in they finance the thing.

But it is still in an idea level.

Also, Eurovision. Estonia got to the finals. Also the hot stuffs Hungary and Russia. Hungarian singer looks just like Sasha Grey...

It is [bleep]ing fun to watch it with good friends, who can make witty comments about it all the time.

Or have a drinking game with it.

The Finnish entry is hot too. 

spurdo_face.png

My mouse appears to be working a little better now, so I guess I scared it into action. Though it still doesn't register clicks or double-clicks once in a while. I should really get around to buying a new one...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Going camping for memorial weekend and the weather says the first night has a low of 30 degrees Fahrenheit :thumbsdown:

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Going camping for memorial weekend and the weather says the first night has a low of 30 degrees Fahrenheit :thumbsdown:

Right around 40 is a good sleeping temperature for camping. Maybe you'll get lucky and the clouds will roll in and warm it up.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Second semi-final of the Eurovision has passed, was pretty meh. Wasn't any that outstanding than on the first semi-final.

My mom has come over and it is pretty much living hell here. Can't do anything and have to walk on toes to not get yelled at.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Finally got The Witcher 3. It's like no one in the country sold it. Every place i called didn't have it, for some strange reason. And then today, i found a place i've never heard of before and they had 1 copy left. Got in my car and put the pedal to the metal and few minutes later i had it. Won't be seeing sun for the next few days.

Leaving for middle of no where PA in an hour. See you on Tuesday ladies and gents

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Does anyone have any experience with 3d printing? My university has a printer available to students at a cost of $0.10 per gram, and I think it would be a fun project to design and print a Settlers of Catan set. I did some calculating of the cost of this, and I just wanted someone to tell me if $5 sounds about right. It seems really low to me. There's not a *lot* I would be printing, but it still seems like it would be higher for something as magic as 3d printing.

[hide=My calculations]

I'm using a density of .56549 in^3/g on the material that I calculated from http://store.makerbot.com/filament/abs. This is the actual material the school uses, so it should be accurate as long as I calced it right.

It costs .10/g.

19 hexes - (hex sides)1 3/4"^2 * 3*sqrt(3)/2 = 7.96in^2 * 1/16" = 0.4975in^3 /.56549 in^3/g = 0.87977g - $0.09 ea - $1.67

6 frames - ~1.4925in^3 / .56549in^3/g = 2.6393g -$ 0.26 ea - $1.58

Robber baron - 1 1/4" * 5/8"^2 * pi = 1.5375in^3/.56549in^3/g = 2.71888g - $0.27

4 sets of:

- 15 roads - 3/16" * 3/16" * 1" = 0.03515625in^3 / .56549in^3/g = 0.06217g - $.006 ea - $0.09

- 5 settlements - 1/2" * 3/8" * 7/16" = 0.08203125in^3/.56549in^3/g = 0.14506g - $0.015 ea - $0.07

- 4 cities - 3/4" * 3/8" * 3/8" + 3/8" * 3/8" * 3/8" = 0.15820in^3/.56549in^3/g = 0.27976g - $0.028 ea - $0.11

- Individual total - $0.27

4 Sets total - $1.08

Total - $4.60

This is just a ballpark, not a final figure or whatever. I'm just interested to know if that sounds about right.

[/hide]

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I know @Hawks was into 3D printing but I don't think she's been around for a while, sadly :(. I'll give it a shot though...

Density is actually mass per unit volume (length cubed), so your density should be in units of (for example) g/in^3 or kg/m^3 - on the other hand in^3/g doesn't really make sense. So you would want to compute the volume of each piece and multiply by the cost, i.e. if for the frames:

Volume of 6 frames = (~1.4925 in^3) * 6 = 8.955 in^3

Cost of 6 frames = (Volume of 6 frames) (Density of materials) (Cost per gram) = (8.955 in ^3) (? g/in^3) ($0.10/g) = $ (something)

where I am not sure what the middle quantity is - maybe you just meant to type g/in^3 or should look over that again if not. I see the width on there but I'm not sure what the length is.

As a reality check though, the whole set will be about 46g which is the equivalent of a couple ounces, if that sounds about right?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Okay, I guess I was using the reciprocal of density, which is functionally equivalent for unit conversion. But based on what you're saying, my calculations are correct.

That's a good point on the total mass, though. I'll try and check that somehow with the cardboard set, see what that's about, which should give me an idea.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Had basketball tournament today.

2 wins and one loss gets us to play-offs tomorrow.

Everyone in my team was impressed by how I played. For background, last time I played at that place and that tournament was 2 years ago and then I left in an ambulance. And I haven't really played actively since.

But still, nothing can take 11 years of basketball practices and my 6'7 body. So I did quite well at the games.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Not really, we have something called "team play", which is a pretty unheard of thing in 'Murican basketball.

In fact, in our national championships the former champion team lost cause they hired a 'murican playmaker who had no idea what the [bleep] is a pass. He did 25 points per game in regular season, but in play-offs, when it matters the most, he was an abysmal failure. No team play whatsoever.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Okay, I guess I was using the reciprocal of density, which is functionally equivalent for unit conversion. But based on what you're saying, my calculations are correct.

That's a good point on the total mass, though. I'll try and check that somehow with the cardboard set, see what that's about, which should give me an idea.

Easy mistake, don't beat you're self up.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Not really, we have something called "team play", which is a pretty unheard of thing in 'Murican basketball.

In fact, in our national championships the former champion team lost cause they hired a 'murican playmaker who had no idea what the [bleep] is a pass. He did 25 points per game in regular season, but in play-offs, when it matters the most, he was an abysmal failure. No team play whatsoever.

That's quite the representative sample size ya got there sack

I agree that America is the best at everything

77yLQy8.png

Well today I completely shaved off my beard for the first time since September. Did so in preparation for working at McDonald's again. Was supposed to start working tomorrow, but they for some reason thought a scan of my ID was unreadable and so they couldn't set up the contract. Sure it wasn't readable on first sight, but everyone has a zoom function right? Also, my sister came and visited from Egypt. She's only staying the night before going somewhere else, but was still fun to spend some time with her.