Today...

Leoo

Shit day at work today. Last night we had a huge storm that knocked out the power for some parts of the city. Well my store had power and I guess every other store was down and out so we got everybody buying up flashlights, lanterns, candles, ice, and batteries. Normally that wouldn't be so bad but 2 people called in today so it was just me and my manager handling everything. Awful.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The only thing I like about my job is I only have to care 40 hours a week and then I go home and I don't care. But the money isn't substantial. My girlfriend has a great job with full paid medical benefits, free lunch and 3 weeks vacation but it stresses her out so much she compulsively checks her work email and cries a lot. But she makes like more than twice my salary. What a time to be alive.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Morning shifts are quite shitty aswell, but I can't get the ratio of sleep before the night shift right.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

The only thing I like about my job is I only have to care 40 hours a week and then I go home and I don't care. But the money isn't substantial. My girlfriend has a great job with full paid medical benefits, free lunch and 3 weeks vacation but it stresses her out so much she compulsively checks her work email and cries a lot. But she makes like more than twice my salary. What a time to be alive.

It's crazy what some companies demand out of their employees. I was talking with a friend last night and she was laying out her work schedule over the next several weeks and she's basically going nonstop all day and night for 3 weeks. I don't even think she makes much more then I do in salary to be able to justify the sacrifice of her work-life balance.   

tFtfA.jpg

Yeah I do a mundane task or two for 5 hours or so, take a lunch break and do more mundane things for 3 hours and I go home. It's great. Thank God for ipods though.

Yeah I do a mundane task or two for 5 hours or so, take a lunch break and do more mundane things for 3 hours and I go home. It's great. Thank God for ipods though.

The life of a PhD student is pretty swell - because I only do computational biology I get to faff about on a computer all day "thinking" about science. Although I have a few things I need to do this week :/ 

Luck be a Lady

When I was a kid I used to play a game called runescape where I did just that

"lunch break"

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

When I was a kid I used to play a game called runescape where I did just that

"lunch break"

For me that was usually in the form of microwaving Hot Pockets and eating them while fishing lobsters.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I don't think I really understood tears of joy until I had them myself.

The marching band I'm in got awarded 'best university band' at the 193rd St Patrick's Day parade.

This was my first and only parade with the marching band that I joined around two months ago.

In that time I've learnt how to march (which I had no experience of) and play the saxophone (which I hadn't done for two years prior)

and doing this activity has really lifted my emotional state in a way that I didn't expect it to.

I've made so many new friends as well as the fact that I feel like I've achieved something big, by making so many people and children smile along the parade route.

They were so happy to our handmade decorations for our instruments - when we did the dancing routines, yes I was nervous but the crowd loving it so much made me love it so much and get into it. 

It was so strange to be actually on the parade route with photographers and police guarding the lines. I love performing and I'm so happy I've been able to do it in such a different capacity to the one I'm used to (concerts).

• Like 1

Just sent out an email about renting a house, hoping to hear back soon. 3 bed 2 bath for $910 a month, which is stupid cheap for this area. Like at least $400 a month less than most of the things I've been looking at. Plus a finished basement with a bar.

50-50 on whether its legit or its a scam.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Might have shit foundation or a shit landlord, but if you can't find anything wrong with it that's a steal

Just sent out an email about renting a house, hoping to hear back soon. 3 bed 2 bath for $910 a month, which is stupid cheap for this area. Like at least $400 a month less than most of the things I've been looking at. Plus a finished basement with a bar.

50-50 on whether its legit or its a scam.

Live in a 3 bed 2 bath for $840.. granted it is a college town

Found a phone in the snow today. I am 99% sure it doesn't work anymore, but still posted on the few lost & found pages I know.

Wonder if anyone misses it.

It was a Samsung Galaxy S-II, which means I don't want it either, since I have a lot newer and better phone myself.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

My girlfriend is currently getting a stick and poke tattoo from her friend and I can't think of a polite way to tell she's making a stupid decision. But it's too late to stop it so I'm just not even going to bother.

15cbz0y.jpg

My girlfriend is currently getting a stick and poke tattoo from her friend and I can't think of a polite way to tell she's making a stupid decision. But it's too late to stop it so I'm just not even going to bother.

Tell her you don't date people with tattoos.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I mean, she already had a tattoo. I like tattoo's. Just not ones that are done on a dorm room bed with a sewing needle.  Plus it's halfway done already apparently. 

I'm sure it'll be fine, she just has this habit of doing stuff then telling me about it once it's already done or too late to have a conversation about.

As long as she doesn't get hepatitis or something from this it's not really a big deal in the long run. 

15cbz0y.jpg

I won't see it in person until tomorrow. I'm going to reserve judgement until then. Also I'll be fine with it either way.

15cbz0y.jpg

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission. I've seen some ok dorm room bed stick and poke art. I've also seen some garbage ones.

Our prime minister was on The Daily Show today and was talking about all the online voting and stuff.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

For the second year in a row, the gas company is convinced there is a problem with our gas meter. Apparently it has only been reading the bare minimum amount needed to keep the furnace's pilot light lit. Also for the second year in a row, they are sending somebody to replace it.

It's working perfectly fine, of course, and we've told them why the readings are so low. We don't use the furnace. I guess that's not an answer they can live with, though.

Trying to throw together a ten minute presentation about the app I'm making for a class and struggling hard tonight. The presentation is supposed to consist of a bunch of diagrams that explain the architecture of our senior design application, but my group's application is so simple that most of the example diagrams we are suggested to use don't really apply. I've explained pretty much the entirety of the application's behavior in about 3 diagrams. No clue how the hell I'm going to stretch this into a ten minute presentation lol. Oh and I have to give the presentation in 8 hours. This is going to be a fun night lol

• Like 1