Today...

Leoo

Yeah I feel you. My roomate's dad's friend is our landlord and our dishwasher wasn't working last night so my roomate suggests we buy a bucket (yeah I don't know what that was supposed to mean either). I pull out my lease and say the landlord should pay to fix it, but my roomate says "yeah but Id understand if she didn't want to pay it and made us get a new one" to which I said "I don't give a [bleep] what she wants to pay for, it's in our lease that's she's legally obligated to pay for it".

Thankfully it turned out that a fuse popped and that's why the dishwasher wasn't functioning. Because it took 2 damn months to convince my landlord to pay for plumbing prior to this. Cause I wasn't about to wash dishes by hand again like some kind of savage.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Sounds like at that point it might be better to hire someone yourself and deduct it from the rent.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I think Saq might be trying to hack me guys...  :huh:

36fCCLA.png

Just kidding. It's not even a real IP address!

• Like 6

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Nah, my ip starts with 81.

At parents house, second grandma is visiting us...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

They have a microsoft store at your mall??

They do lol.

Today I woke up at 10:30, so I slept in quite a bit XD. And because of that, I haven't done much besides doing my dailies in OGame, and trying to catch up a little on RuneScape. I'll be playing ArenaScape now though :) .

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Legion's premier was pretty sweet. I like the experimental cinematography

Hot damn I am hungover...That shit was crazy last night.

It ain't easy trying to visit two birthdays in a row, while also taking the requisite shots and drinks at both of them...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

hi frens

i'm doing a project on cancer bio and we need 300 responses lol so if you have 5 minutes spare i'd super appreciate you completing this quiz testing 20 myths and truths about cancer

https://essex.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d6J685JC9C1mgi9 

Not found. 404 on that link.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Should have "Unknown" as an answer option...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Should have "Unknown" as an answer option...

For which questions? Do you mean "I don't know?"

For a simple experimental design we just want a true/false even if you're guessing it's totally fine - we're just looking at what myths are more convincing (The myths we used have been scientifically researched extensively to verify this) and the truths that are less likely to be believed.

The data is interesting so far but we need 300 participants and I've done most of the legwork - I think all the participants so far have been recruited by myself or by my friends sharing my post.

But yeah what you've said is totally valid and I'll put it in my project report as feedback. It's the first time my university's done anything like this - having Biological sciences team up with psychology to devise an experiment lol so it's just easy marks because we're guinea pigs.

thanks for doing it, Saq it helps a lot

Leading on from Saq : If you do it please tell me the good or bad things you think of it because that'll help me in my critical review due in April !

Took it. I feel it's design is fine having done similar lab work in my psychology classes. I took a cancer bio class and still guessed wrong on a couple. Let us know how the data turns out!

• Like 1

Also, having those UK-centric questions are not that foolproof if you get responses from all over the world. How the heck am I supposed to know about the British legislature?

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Also, having those UK-centric questions are not that foolproof if you get responses from all over the world. How the heck am I supposed to know about the British legislature?

For the purposes of the experiment we're just going to pretend you are, but indeed having advertised it on social media, I've had some Canadians do it (friends from year abroad etc.) and the other people in my group will have international friends answering the questions - a response is a response, I don't think we're looking that deeply into it, it's just simply what questions were answered correctly more frequently vs what ones weren't. But the first feedback point you gave is something I've written down as it's good criticism

The state of California is inclined to disagree with what does and doesn't cause cancer compared to your answer sheet

As far as I'm concerned - they're right. An extreme amount of anything could theoretically cause cell mutation

More related to the thread : my mental health has actually been decent recently. I don't cry that much anymore and I've been so happy without the toxicity of the guy who assaulted me in my life. I can't believe I spent every day for like two months with him. I nearly drunk texted him last week and I managed to stop myself. It was lovely to wake up with no regrets. I've smoked three times in three days too which has helped me chill out but I need to stop to avoid relying on it, otherwise though I'm really pleased with the improvement in my emotional stability

I took my girlfriend to see The Little Mermaid broadway musical. It was quite a bit different than the movie (as expected), but it was still really good.

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”