Today...

Leoo

I am not the only Estonian in TIF...

In other news, my last light bulb went broken today. Got new bulbs just about a month ago. I wonder if something is eating them or what the [bleep].

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I am not the only Estonian in TIF...

This is a false statement and no amount of evidence to the contrary will prove otherwise

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I finished watching an LP of Resident Evil 7 on youtube (by

). Odd is the only guy I've found other than Gopher who can do a Horror LP I enjoy watching (got into Odd for Until Dawn). Anyway, I can confirm that I am still a total sucker for horror stories (it's one of my 3 genres, along with fantasy and sci-fi), but I never would have been able to play this game myself.

The biggest problem for me with scary type games are 'relentless pursuer' type enemies. Given that, as a child, most of my nightmares involved my being chased, I suppose its not super surprising that I don't have a lot of emotional capacity to deal with that kind of scenario in a video game. I also don't do well with being startled...so yeah.

Anyway, it had a really awesome story, though I think I still like Until Dawn a little bit more. Either way, those two are far and above my favourite horror games in a long time, though Deadspace 2 will always be a special one for me (in part because I can actually play that game).

There's another Estonian? That's something I feel like I would have known before today

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Today I woke up late, decided to do an uncharted isle map that I found, and played some OGame while I wait for my iPod to recharge. After it's done, I'm probably going to go work out some because I haven't really done anything the last 2 days T.T.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I made a poor man's GPU pass through this weekend while I was sick.

I send OpenGL commands over a TCP connection. I only support the base commands necessary to run RuneScape NXT.

I really don't want to use switch to Linux when I want to play RuneScape for a few minutes a day, so I spent 20+ hours creating a solution. So efficient!

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

God damn Patriots kicker cost me $30 and then the Falcons Defence choked and cost me the the end game block as well. Bullocks

I made a poor man's GPU pass through this weekend while I was sick.

I send OpenGL commands over a TCP connection. I only support the base commands necessary to run RuneScape NXT.

I really don't want to use switch to Linux when I want to play RuneScape for a few minutes a day, so I spent 20+ hours creating a solution. So efficient!

Well, if it takes you 60 seconds to reboot into and out of a different OS every time you play, then you only need to play 1,201 times from now on to have a benefit! That's only 3 1/2 years if you play every day! :P

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

You talking about the rugby for [kitties]?

In other news, it's [bleep]ing cold in here again. Everything froze up again.

Yay ice skating!

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

This morning one of South Africa's Rugby legends passed away. He has been suffering from ALS for the past few years, probably close to 6 years now. Really tragic. 

Yay ice skating!

Have you ever watched rugby though

Everyone is so small and slow

It's like watching high schoolers out there

Yay ice skating!

You must not have been watching high quality team then. Many rugby players would make some of the NFL players look scrawny. Many rugby players were decorated track athletes in high-school. They just appear much smaller because... well they don't have all that padding to make them look bigger. Granted, there are certain positions where being smaller is beneficial (like rugby's equivalent of a QB). But in general i'd say that for the most part there's not too much difference in terms of size. In terms of speed though, i'd wager that the average backline player in a rugby team would easily outrun most NFL players. 

If you've ever watched teams like South Africa, Australia, New Zealand (especially), even England and Ireland to an extend, you'd know just how absurd of a statement you just made. 

before we get into a pissing match of stats that are based on single outliers of each sport, I have no doubt in my mind that the average rugby player is more athletic. However, NFL players are basically bred to be perfect at one role in the game. Sometimes that means being a 6'5" 380lb meat head linebacker. Sometimes that means being 5'11" 170lb wide receiver. Make no mistake. Rugby players could not play against a football team in football and win. They will be out pushed, out run and out caught on every account. But on average, they'd be more athletic.

Yay ice skating!

You must not have been watching high quality team then. Many rugby players would make some of the NFL players look scrawny. Many rugby players were decorated track athletes in high-school. They just appear much smaller because... well they don't have all that padding to make them look bigger. Granted, there are certain positions where being smaller is beneficial (like rugby's equivalent of a QB). But in general i'd say that for the most part there's not too much difference in terms of size. In terms of speed though, i'd wager that the average backline player in a rugby team would easily outrun most NFL players.

If you've ever watched teams like South Africa, Australia, New Zealand (especially), even England and Ireland to an extend, you'd know just how absurd of a statement you just made.

I mean, we watched Jarryd Hayne try to play in the NFL and he was physically outmatched at the easiest position to play

The biggest rugby players are like 250

Yay ice skating!

I mean, we watched Jarryd Hayne try to play in the NFL and he was physically outmatched at the easiest position to play

The biggest rugby players are like 250

The problem with your example is you're using someone who plays a position where players are known more for their speed and agility than anything else. I mean trying to compare rugby players to NFL players really just doesn't work either way because you're trying to compare people who are built and trained for two entirely different purposes. It would be like comparing a cross-country runner with a sprinter. Sure, they both do the same thing (ie. run), but they do two completely different versions of it. 

before we get into a pissing match of stats that are based on single outliers of each sport, I have no doubt in my mind that the average rugby player is more athletic. However, NFL players are basically bred to be perfect at one role in the game. Sometimes that means being a 6'5" 380lb meat head linebacker. Sometimes that means being 5'11" 170lb wide receiver. Make no mistake. Rugby players could not play against a football team in football and win. They will be out pushed, out run and out caught on every account. But on average, they'd be more athletic.

Can't really use that as an argument because an NFL team playing against a rugby team in rugby would not make it was the first 10 minutes. While there might be 1 specific area of the game they could win, everywhere else they would be outmatched because of how different the games are in dynamic. In an NFL team you have a handful of people who are good at running the ball. In a rugby team the entirety of the team needs to be good at running the ball. So having a 400lbs "meat head" on your team wouldn't do you any justice. There's just really no way you can compare the two sports in a serious argument.

• Like 1

I really liked the Womens Rugby Sevens during the Rio Olympics. The full Rugby was less interesting.

American Football strikes me as being a case like curling. The action is short between longer stretches of planning, and the rules and mechanics of the game aren't obvious, so if you don't know the game it's boring and confusing. Not a great combination. For a game I don't play myself, something like Rugby is a lot easier to get into: a crash course on the rules so I know what is going on, and constant action to keep me entertained. To get into football, it seems like you would need to know enough about the game to partake in couch side strategy craft.

I don't come from a big football family so it did take a while to pick up on all the rules when I was younger, but it's a fun, tactical game to watch, with short bursts of action

The great goblin you elected as the Prez struck again.

"EUROPE UNDER TERROR ATTACK EVERY DAY, NO MEDIA BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!"

Yeah, terror attacks in Europe happen on a daily basis. Terror attacks, done by white people that is. Against refugees and Muslims. And other white people.

I mean, refugees don't even want to come here anymore. It was national news this week here that the first refugees accepted through the quota had already returned, considering Iraq a safer place than the xenophobia and the cold in here.

Or have you forgotten Breivik for example?

Like, from White House list:

BOSTON, MA, USA

June, 2015

TARGET: No casualties; one police officer attacked with knife

ATTACKER: US person

How is that even a terror attack? Such things happen every [bleep]ing day all over the [bleep]ing world. Notable omissions from this list: everything in Sub-Saharan Africa, where Boko Haram and other groups set off suicide bombs, mass kidnappings and all-out war and which is quite frankly, underreported. And a lot more serious.

Also,

HASANAH, EGYPT

October, 2015

TARGET: 224 killed in downing of a Russian airliner

ATTAKER: Unidentified ISIL-Sinai operatives

I don't know about you guys, but it was all the media ever wrote about for more than a week. In here at least.

PARIS, FRANCE

November, 2015

TARGET: At least 129 killed and approximately 400 wounded in series of shootings and IED attacks

ATTAKERS: Brahim Abdelslam, Saleh Abdeslam, Ismail Mostefai, Bilal Hadfi, Samy Amimour, Chakib Ahrouh, Foued Mohamed Aggad, and Abdelhamid Abaaoud

The whole bloody facebook was covered in French flags, and pretty much all major outlets had it as front page news. In here, it was pretty much same coverage as 9/11. How is that underreported?

BRUSSELS, BELGIUM

March, 2016

TARGET: At least 31 killed and 270 wounded in coordinated bombings at Zaventem Airport and on a subway train

ATTAKERS: Khalid el-Bakraoui, Ibrahim el-Bakraoui, Najim Laachraoui, Mohammed Abrini, and Osama Krayem

Same. Covers of Belgium special forces and the airport explosion aftermath. I know people there who were affected.

ORLANDO, FL, US

June, 2016

TARGET: 49 killed and 53 wounded in shooting at a nightclub

ATTAKER: US person

If that's underreported, then I am the King of Sweden.

NICE, FRANCE

July, 2016

TARGET: 84 civilians killed and 308 wounded by an individual who drove a truck into a crowd

ATTACKER: Mohamed Bouhlel

Yeah right. Never heard of it. Oh wait, that's the first one where Estonians were killed. 2 Estonian young guys on a summer holiday. I suppose nobody ever talked about it for a whole month? No covers at all in Guardian and other large outlets?

BERLIN, GERMANY

December, 2016

TARGET: 12 killed and 48 wounded by individual who drove truck into a crowded market

ATTACKER: Anis Amri

[bleep] off.

I love the misspellings.

And how literally all the named attackers are Arabic sounding, while others are simply "US person" or "unidentified ISIL associate".

How about the arsons of refugee camps? I'd consider such incidents, lots of them even with larger casualty count then most named terror attacks as terror attacks aswell. Or the systematic harassment of minorities?

What about real, widespread slavery in best pals Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait?

What about the Saudi Arabians, who fund different terrorist groups including Al Qaeda, ISIS and Boko Haram?

Also, I'd consider the murder of the Icelandic girl by (presumably, not certain yet) Greenlandish fishermen the one terror event this year that has had the biggest effect and yet nearly no coverage. The whole country was mourning, yet there weren't a lot of mentions about it.

Just my two cents.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc