Today...

Leoo

Well the last week I've maintained 150 lbs.

Done losing weight. Was going to go down to 145, but I think that's a bit too much at 5 ft 8 in.

This is the best before I have. About 250 lbs:

[hide]BEkU8s8.jpg[/hide]

And after:

[hide]5pq7eL8.jpg

ANLTtvL.jpg[/hide]

(Even puppers deserve privacy.)

ozXHe7P.png

LOL the dog's face blurred out...

nice job

I was 140 at 6'1" for a while, which was definitely on the low side, but not yet unhealthy. I'm at 165 now, which is a bit better. Trying to get up to 185....

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Well the last week I've maintained 150 lbs.

Done losing weight. Was going to go down to 145, but I think that's a bit too much at 5 ft 8 in.

This is the best before I have. About 250 lbs:

[hide]BEkU8s8.jpg[/hide]

And after:

[hide]5pq7eL8.jpg

ANLTtvL.jpg[/hide]

(Even puppers deserve privacy.)

Nice, you look really good now

Also can we stop to appreciate how awesome this forum has been the last few days? I've actually been checking in multiple times a day instead of once a day now

• Like 1

He's likely avoiding us knowing we'd get really politically charged for a bit what with Brexit and trump and all. Hopefully we'll see him again.

Looking good Veiva! Solid outfit change to boot :)

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I just realized I haven't actually posted here in like 2 months lol hi

Things have been alright for me though. Ended up getting a bad rating for my first quarter on my job because I was still trying to learn everything and took a performance hit from my depression flaring up being pretty bad for my first couple of months out here. I'm doing a lot better with that kind of thing now though; I've been a lot more efficient this past month and I've been focusing on myself a lot more outside of work too. I ended up joining a soccer team at work which has been a blast even though I haven't officially played a game yet and I've been teaching myself how to actually cook like a real person now instead of relying on my nasty college bullshit recipes and it's been working out pretty well! Never thought I'd actually be able to enjoy cooking but it's super relaxing when you're actually making something good haha. I've also been a lot better about running and going to the gym about twice a week each on top of soccer practice and being active has definitely helped me with my mood and mindset. I've been trying to make more time for playing/making music and reading over getting high and scrolling through reddit and playing games which has been helpful too. Still working on a social circle but it's getting better; I have a couple solid friends out here now and I get along with my roommate and his group of friends pretty well too so I can generally at least do something most weekends, and I keep myself occupied enough during the week to stay satisfied. My roommate and I are throwing our first party at this new place and I'm pretty hyped for that. Now I just have to try to find more ways to meet people outside work. I wanted to sign up for a dance class but a lot of the ones near me filled up super quick so now I'm trying to find some other way to break out of my comfort zone socially, but I guess I still have time for that.

Oh, and I'm 3 weeks away from my trip to Europe! So that'll be suuuuuper cool haha

Today I had a pretty mediocre but decently productive day at work. Got a decent run in after though and tried a couple new recipes out. I ended up making breaded chicken cutlets and wine-glazed brussel sprouts and they came out really well! Then I ended up finishing up reading the Road by Cormac McCarthy. God, what a book! I read the whole thing in three days because it just flowed so well. McCarthy is an amazing writer and can create such vivid atmospheres and imagery without getting so descriptive that it gets in the way of what's going on (*cough* Dickens) and has incredibly fleshed-out characters that you really feel for. The ending of this book was absolutely crushing in the best possible way. I really want to read more of his stuff now but I already have another order of like 6 books getting here tomorrow haha. Oops.

• Like 1

As far as American healthcare costs go, my understanding is that a large part of the problem is that hospitals are for profit, particularly coupled by an obligation to help anyone (to a point) regardless of their ability to pay. Combine that with things like more and more pharmaceutical monopolies, and things start getting really ridiculous. There is also the issue that it's often a lot cheaper in the long to pay continuously to keep someone healthy than it is to wait for them to deteriorate to the point where they need emergency care (at which point the hospital is obligated to help, no matter your ability to pay). That kind of cycle of medical care not only exacerbates medical issues, increasing overall medical costs, but it can interfere with your ability to get and hold down a job, meaning that now instead of paying income taxes, you're on social assistance. You can save an astounding amount of money just by keeping people out of hospital beds.

That was pretty much what I wanted to say a few posts earlier, but I am not that good at expressing myself in English. It isn't my mother tongue after all, you know?

Kalphite, which part of Europe are you going to visit?

Also, today is the 97th anniversary of our peace accords with Soviet Russia... We were the first country ever to recognize diplomatically Soviet Russia and to have a precise border with them. Even though the borders are not the same anymore, our country is nearly 15% smaller in area than it was before WWII... And we have less people here aswell.

Anyways, we were one of the very few to kick Soviet ass so much as to have them beg for peace, which is a bit why in '44 and '49 10% of our population was sent to die in Siberia...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

In other news the new Nickelback single is pretty decent. I understand it's "cool" to hate Nickelback, but honestly they're not that awful. Just easily copied.

Parents are coming over this weekend...

Gonna be awkward, as I haven't really cleaned my room in a while. And I've gotta fit 4 people in my room.

Also, quite possibly visiting Latvia in February. Just for the lulz. If everything goes well, I will be visiting 9 countries this year. Yet so far things are not looking so rosy as it is slowly becoming quite unlikely that I will get the spend the next year in Canada...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

In other news the new Nickelback single is pretty decent. I understand it's "cool" to hate Nickelback, but honestly they're not that awful. Just easily copied.

The hate for Nickelback is that they're so mediocre and have no personality. They're the saltines of bands. Like yeah saltines aren't bad but I'm gonna judge you if they're your favorite food

Per the Trump dossier: "Rosneft President was so keen to lift personal and corporate western sanctions imposed on the company, that he offered Page/Trump's associates brokerage of up to 19% (privatized) stake in Rosneft in return."

At this point, the dossier had been floating around for months until Buzzfeed published it.

November 7: Russia signs decree to sell 19.5 percent Rosneft stake.

January 18: VTB boss says Rosneft sale 'paid for by foreign firms'. 19.5% of Rosfnet was sold. The recipients of the deal are unknown.

January 31: U.S. lawmakers move to scrap SEC's 'resource extraction' rule. "Two senior U.S. lawmakers unveiled legislative plans on Monday to scrap a rule devised under the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial reform law requiring publicly-traded mining, oil and gas companies to disclose payments they make to foreign governments."

And so it begins: U.S. makes limited exceptions to sanctions on Russian spy agency.

Either the biggest coincidence in recent history, or something very foul is happening. Let's hope it's just a technical fix, as McCain says.

(Rex Tillerson is for lifting sanctions against Russia. See 1:30:00 and 1:55:00. He is now our Secretary of State.)

ozXHe7P.png

Today I'm turning 21!!! I've been on this forum for 7 years now but only active for the first 4 years. Totally random that I come back here but I wanted to make a post and show appreciation to anyone that remembers me. I was mainly on /FG/ (and on mainly The Last Post Wins thread(RIP) This forum really helped me to get through my teenage years, I never really had any family members or friends that I could really be personal with because I never wanted to. With the forum it gave me an outlet I needed at times and the people here were supportive. I didn't really think I was gunna get far in life but having varying people from the forum to look up really helped my mental and solidify me making sure I was gunna keep going.

I totally suck at being sentimental but I'm glad that tip.it is around and I hope everyone that uses the forum will have good fortune and great prosperity.

Just by going off this page I remember Hedgehog, Obfuscator, RpgGamer, Estonian dude, Randox.

WORDS CAN BARELY DESCRIBE HOW AWESOME THIS FORUM IS AAAAAAAAH

I feel so corny right now but whatever

• Like 6

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

Today I'm turning 21!!! I've been on this forum for 7 years now but only active for the first 4 years. Totally random that I come back here but I wanted to make a post and show appreciation to anyone that remembers me. I was mainly on /FG/ (and on mainly The Last Post Wins thread(RIP) This forum really helped me to get through my teenage years, I never really had any family members or friends that I could really be personal with because I never wanted to. With the forum it gave me an outlet I needed at times and the people here were supportive. I didn't really think I was gunna get far in life but having varying people from the forum to look up really helped my mental and solidify me making sure I was gunna keep going.

I totally suck at being sentimental but I'm glad that tip.it is around and I hope everyone that uses the forum will have good fortune and great prosperity.

Just by going off this page I remember Hedgehog, Obfuscator, RpgGamer, Estonian dude, Randox.

Are you drunk TIFing rn Pepsi? tsk tsk

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Nah it's like a robot trying to express emotions. It's a very hard thing for me to do, Gouda starts spilling out my vents and whatnot.

I totally forgot to include you in it oh my god, it was the whole reason I get on every once in a blue moon

Cute ! Happy birthday :) I feel you on using the forum as a way to get away from real life sometimes.

It's pretty awesome. 

• Like 1

Okay well clearly you're doing your 21st wrong then :P

I know but it's a thursday and I have work tomorrow. My brother in law wanted to go to a strip club next weekend so I'm just waiting for that ;) For now I'll enjoy a fat steak and potatoes, drink some, enjoy the time with my sister and him and go back to playing WoW LOL.

Per the Trump dossier: "Rosneft President was so keen to lift personal and corporate western sanctions imposed on the company, that he offered Page/Trump's associates brokerage of up to 19% (privatized) stake in Rosneft in return."

At this point, the dossier had been floating around for months until Buzzfeed published it.

November 7: Russia signs decree to sell 19.5 percent Rosneft stake.

January 18: VTB boss says Rosneft sale 'paid for by foreign firms'. 19.5% of Rosfnet was sold. The recipients of the deal are unknown.

January 31: U.S. lawmakers move to scrap SEC's 'resource extraction' rule. "Two senior U.S. lawmakers unveiled legislative plans on Monday to scrap a rule devised under the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial reform law requiring publicly-traded mining, oil and gas companies to disclose payments they make to foreign governments."

And so it begins: U.S. makes limited exceptions to sanctions on Russian spy agency.

Either the biggest coincidence in recent history, or something very foul is happening. Let's hope it's just a technical fix, as McCain says.

(Rex Tillerson is for lifting sanctions against Russia. See 1:30:00 and 1:55:00. He is now our Secretary of State.)

The recent lifting of sanctions was a procedural thing planned under the Obama admin, apparently.

Still, I didn't know the dossier actually mentioned selling that stake. That looks *really* bad. Given that this much info is out already, I wonder how long it will be before it's confirmed; if it is that is definitely an impeachable offense.

EDIT: I did a bit more research. The Russian government had been public about wanting to sell that 19.5% stake at latest in August 2016, and possibly even earlier (implied by not directly stated by the articles I found). So it's a bit less of a smoking gun, if that number has been public knowledge for a while.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

God damn, people are gonna have to stop bringing up ways that Trump can be beaten in the election/denied by the college/impeached/etc because it just makes me more depressed every time it doesn't happen.

*sigh*

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Today I ate lunch with coworkers at some Mongolian grill place. It was alright, but nothing really special...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Hi Pepsi, I remember you from forum games. Stick around for a while, will you?

• Like 2

I hope you do remember it is not my original name, that Estonian Dude?

I fell ill. [bleep]ing shitty feeling.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Yeah but you were always an Estonian Dude (and if hes on desktop my signature nullifies your name change)