Nirvana or Pearl Jam

jadeist

Pearl Jam.

Never liked Nirvana, and I can't help but think that they would not be nearly as celebrated if Kurt Cobain hadn't died. And if he hadn't died, we would have no Foo Fighters.

Foo Fighters > Nirvana.

p2gq.jpg

There's no doubt that Nirvana wouldn't have been as big if not for Cobain's death, but they were huge while he was still alive anyway.

It's a tough pick for me. Pearl Jam are easily the more musically talented of the two, but I don't know, there's something about Nirvana.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Are those two rappers? :twss:

Anyhoo, I like pearl jam more. Don't listen to either very much, but I don't mind them.

Dude, grunge. grunge was anti-mainstream. rap is mainstream. although, ironicly, grunge became mainstream.

yogosun.png

*Plays Uber-Guitar Solo while you stand in awe*

yogosun.png

I don't really like that period. But Nirvana of course. Pearl Jam is so incredibly boring.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Are those two rappers? :twss:

Anyhoo, I like pearl jam more. Don't listen to either very much, but I don't mind them.

Dude, grunge. grunge was anti-mainstream. rap is mainstream. although, ironicly, grunge became mainstream.

Rap mainstream...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

;>

Pearl Jam.

Never liked Nirvana, and I can't help but think that they would not be nearly as celebrated if Kurt Cobain hadn't died. And if he hadn't died, we would have no Foo Fighters.

Foo Fighters > Nirvana.

+1

Dave's the man! :twss:

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

There's no doubt that Nirvana wouldn't have been as big if not for Cobain's death, but they were huge while he was still alive anyway.

It's a tough pick for me. Pearl Jam are easily the more musically talented of the two, but I don't know, there's something about Nirvana.

I'd contend that Nirvana's Unplugged album shows their (perhaps only just blossoming) superior musical qualities. I've always had more of a thing for Nirvana, i'll always remember the first time I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit and the way it made me feel.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I'd contend that Nirvana's Unplugged album shows their (perhaps only just blossoming) superior musical qualities. I've always had more of a thing for Nirvana, i'll always remember the first time I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit and the way it made me feel.

Sorry I didn't really make myself clear. Nirvana are more 'musically talented' than Pearl Jam in the same way that Bob Dylan is more musically talented than, say, Yngwie Malmsteen - That is, on most (if not all) aesthetic levels. What I meant was that Pearl Jam blow Nirvana out the water when it comes to technicality, complexity and skill.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Hmmm well i have an extreme dislike for both and have a hard time listening to either of them for an extended period of time but i would have to say Nirvana just because i really don't like the singers voice for pearl jam.

Early Nirvana (Bleach and Nevermind) was pretty good, but the rest was crap. Pearl Jam epitomizes everything I hate about pop radio music...15 years later the local "New" Rock station still plays bands like Pearl Jam at least once per hour.

It first started with everyone saying Pearl Jam =[.

But now everyone's saying Nirvana =].

Whoever said that he liked only early Nirvana, there early stuff was by far better, but their later stuff is pretty decent as well.

yogosun.png

yogosun.png

Sorry I didn't really make myself clear. Nirvana are more 'musically talented' than Pearl Jam in the same way that Bob Dylan is more musically talented than, say, Yngwie Malmsteen - That is, on most (if not all) aesthetic levels. What I meant was that Pearl Jam blow Nirvana out the water when it comes to technicality, complexity and skill.

Ah yes I see what you mean now, it's just not what i'd call talent, but I would agree.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Rap mainstream...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

According to my high school it definitely is.

Lets take NWA as an example. They used to sell their albums on streetcorners because they couldn't get mainstream, the lyrics were to explicit. (Didn't you like Sage francis? An underground rapper?) The most annoying thing that I hate about people whom hate "rap" these days is that they compare Rap to Strip-hop (Eg Low - Flo rida)

Jeez, I have so many more underground rappers/rap groups, that our person whom likes Nirvana so much and thinks that they ARE NOT mainstream, probably doesn't know at all. Examples would be; Aztlan Nation, Boogie down productions, DJ kool, Eazy E, Hen-Gee & evil e, Lordz of Brooklyn, NWA, Sage francis, Strickly roots, Tuff crew, Yomo & Maulkie, Young lay, ... I could list many more but those are more subgenres from Rap.

Oh, Zierro, this isn't to flame you or something. It's for the topic starter. He even got so far to make a spam topic called "RAP SUCKS" that does it, I wanted to kick his sorry little [wagon] and I hope he's in for a discussion. (probably not)

;>

Rap mainstream...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

According to my high school it definitely is.

Lets take NWA as an example. They used to sell their albums on streetcorners because they couldn't get mainstream, the lyrics were to explicit. (Didn't you like Sage francis? An underground rapper?) The most annoying thing that I hate about people whom hate "rap" these days is that they compare Rap to Strip-hop (Eg Low - Flo rida)

Jeez, I have so many more underground rappers/rap groups, that our person whom likes Nirvana so much and thinks that they ARE NOT mainstream, probably doesn't know at all. Examples would be; Aztlan Nation, Boogie down productions, DJ kool, Eazy E, Hen-Gee & evil e, Lordz of Brooklyn, NWA, Sage francis, Strickly roots, Tuff crew, Yomo & Maulkie, Young lay, ... I could list many more but those are more subgenres from Rap.

Oh, Zierro, this isn't to flame you or something. It's for the topic starter. He even got so far to make a spam topic called "RAP SUCKS" that does it, I wanted to kick his sorry little [wagon] and I hope he's in for a discussion. (probably not)

1.I never said that Nirvana wasn't mainstream, I just said that they didn't like being mainstream.

2.I can have my opinion about music. Opinions aren't wrong, only different. How can you kick someone for not liking rap???!!!

*cough*racist*cough*

yogosun.png

yogosun.png