Olympics 2008

mrpez

Woot Team GB's still 3rd in the table. :D

Can I just say that Canada should try better, the effort you put into the Summer Olympics compared to the size, population and facilities in your country is almost shameful. We should be bowing down to you in the tables.

GB has 2x the size of Canada's population? Besides, Canada does better in the Winter Olympics

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woot Team GB's still 3rd in the table. :D

Can I just say that Canada should try better, the effort you put into the Summer Olympics compared to the size, population and facilities in your country is almost shameful. We should be bowing down to you in the tables.

GB has 2x the size of Canada's population? Besides, Canada does better in the Winter Olympics

Thats what my sister's husband said!He's Canadian.I'm personally looking forward to ice hockey,never got the masks though.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I'm getting sick of these Olympics and more particular the women gymnastics.

Nastia Liukin got robbed (Shawn Johnson too). I mean what the hell is up with that tie breaker last night? (Thanks a lot Aussies)

ept_sports_oly_experts-387509374-1219085034.jpg?ymrb13_CkOpbX8EM

Look @ the Middle Girl "He Kexin"

If she is 16, then I must over 25. (I'm 18)

Chinese people are naturally short and look younger than the rest of the world. But just because a girl is good at a sport, why does everyone automatically assume that she cheated to get there? Is it so hard to believe that she is actually old enough to be there? Besides, it's not exactly easy to fake you way into the Olympics.

Another thing, why does everyone think the judges are stupid and robbed Nastia Liukin of a gold medal? I'd like to think that those x-olympians know what to judge rather than some random spectator :? .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Nastia Liukin got robbed (Shawn Johnson too). I mean what the hell is up with that tie breaker last night? (Thanks a lot Aussies)

Chinese people are naturally short and look younger than the rest of the world. But just because a girl is good at a sport, why does everyone automatically assume that she cheated to get there? Is it so hard to believe that she is actually old enough to be there? Besides, it's not exactly easy to fake you way into the Olympics.

Another thing, why does everyone think the judges are stupid and robbed Nastia Liukin of a gold medal? I'd like to think that those x-olympians know what to judge rather than some random spectator :? .

"But just because a girl is good at a sport, why does everyone automatically assume that she cheated to get there?"

Are we saying that about any other girl? Even when half the sports in the olympics are womens sports?

Either way, excessive exercising from a young age can stunt growth, and basically delay the start of puberty. I can't find an article I had that backs that up.

I still think 16 is a stretch, but she's not 9...

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

It's easy to fake your way into the Olympics if your home country is the host and the government is corrupt. If those girls are what 16 year old Chinese girls look like then I feel sorry for 16 year old Chinese boys. They both look under 10.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

It's easy to fake your way into the Olympics if your home country is the host and the government is corrupt. If those girls are what 16 year old Chinese girls look like then I feel sorry for 16 year old Chinese boys. They both look under 10.

Why do a lot of people claim that the Chinese government is evil and corrupt? We've already been over this in this thread, go do your own research and not follow what everyone else says (ironic, sort of like what people portray Chinese people as doing :x ).

TETsig.jpeg

I think its pretty astonishing how well team GB have done this olympics in comparison to Athens.Where kinda going throuigh a rennaisance and i agree with people who claim that it lines up with when a huge amountof investment went into the national coaching program.

Btw many more days of the olympics are left?

tifsdac6mc.gif

soo happy, some good table tennis on tv. Even though its late night.

Yeah is there any chance that china wont win all 4 table tennis medals?

It also makes me wnat to play table tennis agian but ive got to wait 3 more weeks

well they won men and women teams gold. Womens singles gold is pretty much chinas. Men singles gold can be contested by Samsonov of belarus. Earlier this year, he beat 4 chinese in a row in the kuwait open to win the final. oh sang eun of south korea or timo boll of germany have 20 percent chance of defeating a chinese.

gr454rc.gif

soo happy, some good table tennis on tv. Even though its late night.

Yeah is there any chance that china wont win all 4 table tennis medals?

It also makes me wnat to play table tennis agian but ive got to wait 3 more weeks

well they won men and women teams gold. Womens singles gold is pretty much chinas. Men singles gold can be contested by Samsonov of belarus. Earlier this year, he beat 4 chinese in a row in the kuwait open to win the final. oh sang eun of south korea or timo boll of germany have 20 percent chance of defeating a chinese.

Yeah but you cannot forget that Samsonov is an up and down player, or at least his recent form was, phenomenal, unbeatable and anymore superlatives you can think of and then he crashes out the next.All depends on the form of the chinese men but i havent catched the mens but the womens and doubles because theyve shown it at the wrong time for me.

4 more golds for team GB might be able to hang onto 3rd place at this rate :shock: Btw to that dude who pointed out that the nbc coverage is putting USA as #1 based on amount of medals and not golds when to be honest thats what really matters, winning :P

tifsdac6mc.gif

"But just because a girl is good at a sport, why does everyone automatically assume that she cheated to get there?"

Are we saying that about any other girl? Even when half the sports in the olympics are womens sports?

Either way, excessive exercising from a young age can stunt growth, and basically delay the start of puberty. I can't find an article I had that backs that up.

Do you mean to tell me that

This person

juwenjun01.jpg

is the same age as that chinese girl at the olympics? I don't think so.

And if anybody was even WATCHING the event, you could see that Shawn Jhonson had a near perfect routine, and then the chinese person makes 2 mistakes, steps out of bounds once, and falls once, and yet they get the same execution score. I don't care how "pro" you are at gymnastics. I don't see how the two are worth the same execution value.

Do you mean to tell me that

This person

juwenjun01.jpg

is the same age as that chinese girl at the olympics? I don't think so.

And if anybody was even WATCHING the event, you could see that Shawn Jhonson had a near perfect routine, and then the chinese person makes 2 mistakes, steps out of bounds once, and falls once, and yet they get the same execution score. I don't care how "pro" you are at gymnastics. I don't see how the two are worth the same execution value.

Yeah I'm hearing a lot about how we got ripped off. The judges are either idiots, blind, or biased

Maybe Nastia's routine was easier? A couple mistakes on a harder routine could still give the same score.

As for the picture of the 16 year old chess player, I believe she is the same age as the Olympian. As someone earlier said, excessive training can stunt growth.

TETsig.jpeg

Maybe Nastia's routine was easier? A couple mistakes on a harder routine could still give the same score.

As for the picture of the 16 year old chess player, I believe she is the same age as the Olympian. As someone earlier said, excessive training can stunt growth.

Not the same execution score. Sure, they could come out with the same overall if the difficulty score is higher and more points were deducted from the execution, but the point was that the execution scores were the same.

I, too, do not believe that those Chinese girls are 16. No way. Twelve, maybe.

p2gq.jpg

My sister, an Asian (Chinese/Taiwanese if you must know), is 17. Those girls look like what she looked like when she was 12, 13. She's never done gymnastics though, so if that has some effect then that could be it.

I'm sure China isn't the only one doing it though. I remember hearing there was a girl on the Japanese team who is even smaller.

Oh, and basically everyone knows China is "cheating" now. One of the things about being the host country, I guess.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

yeah, Shawn Johnson deserved the gold.

someone asked me to put a link to the medal count on the first post, which is a good idea. I'll add it now and update it daily.

also, here is an interesting article about the biased judging in favor of chinese athletes. it explains the huge gap in gold medals between america and china, and shows the medal count of sports with no judges.

this is the medal count link (which will now be found in the first post): http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/medals

this is the article link (read this! it is pretty interesting): http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijin ... oly,101537

[[hide=]

I'd say it was either the first one or the third :P

Anyway, can somebody tell me why the judging system is set up the way it is? (In other words, why they drop off the two highest and the two lowest scores?)

[[hide=]

I'd say it was either the first one or the third :P

Anyway, can somebody tell me why the judging system is set up the way it is? (In other words, why they drop off the two highest and the two lowest scores?)

Factor out anomolous or what you might consider biased results, so if you get 5 10's you will get 10 regardless.Im sure theres a better explanation for why and i know theres a mathematical reason but i dont remember...

tifsdac6mc.gif

Yay, the Lithuania basketball team just made the semi-finals =D

China has YaoMing,but I think their defence isn't that great,yeah?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

this is the medal count link (which will now be found in the first post): http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/medals

this is the article link (read this! it is pretty interesting): http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijin ... oly,101537

That article is incredibly immature, baised and twisted, to be honest.

Plus that's about the only medals table I've seen which puts number of medals above gold medals won. In every other medals table, even without the events where judges are involved, China is still beating the US.

It just reeks of sour grapes. Can't you guys just enjoy the sport on show instead of whining because you don't get Gold whenever China beats you?

The biggest disgrace of these olympics isn't the gymnastics, it's the fact that the poms are actually beating us Aussies. Let's hope you guys don't start spending more money on cricket. :lol:

Arguably, the UK are part of the reason that our cyclists didn't get any gold this time around (we got about 6 in athens).

Yay, the Lithuania basketball team just made the semi-finals =D

China has YaoMing,but I think their defence isn't that great,yeah?

Not really, and china plays so gentle and nice, and Lithuania was aggressive and though... China played like they were scared of them =/

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010