Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

I'm trying to keep up to date with 6 Animes but failing pretty badly because of a capped internet last weekend so I couldn't get them :cry: I'm only up to date with K-ON! and Eden of the East which is pretty amazing I especially love the OP and ED and which while I haven't seen a lot of Anime must be one of very few that uses a pretty big western band in its OP. I need to pickup the episodes that aired last weekend from the other 4 to be up to date(The 4 are Basquash!, Saki, Shangri-La and Valkyria Chronicles if anyone cares).

Since Anilinkz wasn't loading for me today I couldn't watch K-ON! at all today. Oh and I made this for no apparent reason.

stealthorange2.jpg

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Since Anilinkz wasn't loading for me today I couldn't watch K-ON! at all today. Oh and I made this for no apparent reason.

stealthorange2.jpg

You forgot to change his hair color.

I don't think I can without painting over his hair. :|

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

My favourite anime/mangas in order of preference (last being my favourite):

Naruto

Bleach

Death Note

Code Geass

P.S. I hope you guys don't watched dubbed versions of anime. Say yes to subs, no to dubs. :D

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I only started watching anime fairly recently. As I'm new to it, I've only been watching what I guess you would call "mainstream" anime as of yet.

- Death Note - Absolutely loved it.

- Bleach - Only about 30 episodes in, but it's enjoyable.

- Full Metal Alchemist - Only seen about 5 episodes so far, though I think I am going to really like it.

- Code Geass - Just got a subbed version of the first season, haven't watched it yet though.

I also want to check out Monster and Blood+. Does anyone have any recommendations of an anime I should check out that's sort of similar to what I've watched so far? I know I could get plenty of ideas of new anime to get from reading this thread, but there's ~30 freaking pages! :lol:

Cool.

I only started watching anime fairly recently. As I'm new to it, I've only been watching what I guess you would call "mainstream" anime as of yet.

- Death Note - Absolutely loved it.

- Bleach - Only about 30 episodes in, but it's enjoyable.

- Full Metal Alchemist - Only seen about 5 episodes so far, though I think I am going to really like it.

- Code Geass - Just got a subbed version of the first season, haven't watched it yet though.

I also want to check out Monster and Blood+. Does anyone have any recommendations of an anime I should check out that's sort of similar to what I've watched so far? I know I could get plenty of ideas of new anime to get from reading this thread, but there's ~30 freaking pages! :lol:

If you want something that you just think "F*CK YEAH AWESOME" after watching, you can't go wrong with Baccano!. It's one of my favourite series.

Some other stuff I think you should check out:

Haibane Renmei

Serial Experiments Lain

Boogiepop Phantom

Aria the Animation

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni <-- this one is absolutely essential for anyone new to anime. It's basically the 'transition' that opens you up to more stuff.

That said, I'm pretty casual when it comes to anime. I'm probably not the best to take recommendations off.

Speaking of Aria the Animation, Alice is absolute love.

2hnyr2e.jpg

If you want something that you just think "F*CK YEAH AWESOME" after watching, you can't go wrong with Baccano!.

According to Wikipedia, "In 1711, a group of alchemists. . ."

I didn't need to read any more. :)

But thank you for the recommendations, I'll definitely look into them. :thumbup:

Cool.

There is only 1 anime you need to watch.

It does not get any better than this.

Along with Haruhi and Code Geass, the most overrated anime in existence right there.

Nah Naruto is even more overrated. Especially the Solid Snake/Naruto avatar I made for lolz.

There is only 1 anime you need to watch.

It does not get any better than this.

Along with Haruhi and Code Geass, the most overrated anime in existence right there.

Those anmes actually deserve an anime fan's attention rather than crap like Naruto or Bleach.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

IMO the only decent thing that even has anything to do with Anime was Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

I tried to like anime, but they just don't make sense to me. I'm completely lost like 5 minutes into a show. Who is that? Wtf just happened? Why is everyone some kind of human-cat mutant hybrid?

Eh. Case Closed was pretty good I guess.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

IMO the only decent thing that even has anything to do with Anime was Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

I tried to like anime, but they just don't make sense to me. I'm completely lost like 5 minutes into a show. Who is that? Wtf just happened? Why is everyone some kind of human-cat mutant hybrid?

Eh. Case Closed was pretty good I guess.

What animes have you tried?

Also, if they are not for you, try reading the mangas, they are easier to understand, and some have more content than the animes (i.e. have stuff they miss out on in hte anime, Elfen Lied for example)

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I've tried Trigun (was alright, had a competent story at least), FlCl (that was probably the biggest mind [bleep] I've ever watched), Death Note, and Code Geass.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.