Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

Air Gear and Kannagi

Thanks I'll take a look at both of them

I don't know I liked that story besides it looks like it takes that long for them to finish an arc anyway. I guess everyone on this thread thinks that Bleach isn't very good so I'll drop it.

Btw her name is Rukia

Edit: Okay ignoring my crap about Bleach I want to expand my 'collection' I need your opinion on what I should watch, as I've already stated I enjoy Bleach, Code Geass and Death Note.

I've been looking at a few things:

Full Metal Alchemist

Negima

Lucky Star

Zero no Tsukaima

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Clannad

Hayate no Gotoku

Love Hina

I'm also open to anyone's suggestions.

Thanks to anyone that helps me out

watch all of them. They're all more than worth watching.

Also, Darker than black.

Thanks, I guess I stated my question badly I was more wondering which ones I should watch first?

They're all good draw one out of a hat or get someone in your family to decide.

On an unrelated topic does anyone know where C_E has been?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

he isnt banned afaik, and he's still alive and well on the internet.

Guess he just lost interest.

also, from that list. Dont watch Gurren Lagann first. It'll make the ones you watch soon after it seem crap by comparison.

Tk5SF.png

Sailor Moon is my ultimate anime!!

:ohnoes: *Hides from everyone who will probably beat her up* :P

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

They're all good draw one out of a hat or get someone in your family to decide.

Lol I don't think I'm going to draw one out of a hat, I'll probably watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky star

also, from that list. Dont watch Gurren Lagann first. It'll make the ones you watch soon after it seem crap by comparison.

I was thinking about watching Gurren about midway through but I guess I'll watch it last now.

Also I found Trigun in my brothers room is it any good?

Edit: FFS I just tried out his copy from Bali and it doesn't have any subs

Sorry if I'm being annoying but I'm only really getting into anime now and I don't really want to waste a few gigs on a show only to find out it's crap

I don't know I liked that story besides it looks like it takes that long for them to finish an arc anyway. I guess everyone on this thread thinks that Bleach isn't very good so I'll drop it.

Btw her name is Rukia

Edit: Okay ignoring my crap about Bleach I want to expand my 'collection' I need your opinion on what I should watch, as I've already stated I enjoy Bleach, Code Geass and Death Note.

Full Metal Alchemist

Negima

Lucky Star

Zero no Tsukaima

Clannad

Hayate no Gotoku

Love Hina

The only one I've really watched is Hayate no Gotoku and I've got to say that it is hilarious sometimes :lol:

I've READ Love Hina, Zero no Tsukaima, and a little big of Negima and I thought they were pretty decent.

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

Btw her name is Rukia

Full Metal Alchemist

Negima

Lucky Star

Zero no Tsukaima

Clannad

Hayate no Gotoku

Love Hina

The only one I've really watched is Hayate no Gotoku and I've got to say that it is hilarious sometimes :lol:

I've READ Love Hina, Zero no Tsukaima, and a little big of Negima and I thought they were pretty decent.

Thanks, I was a bit hesitant towards Hayate no Gotoku and I wasn't really planing on watching it soon but I'll definitely take a look at it now :thumbsup:

Kannagi ending was great, but theres gotta be a second series. Theres more than enough story to back one up.

There was only 13 episodes in Kannagi? Or am I missing a 14th? Either way it's not enough!

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Btw her name is Rukia

Full Metal Alchemist

Negima

Lucky Star

Zero no Tsukaima

Clannad

Hayate no Gotoku

Love Hina

Thanks, I was a bit hesitant towards Hayate no Gotoku and I wasn't really planing on watching it soon but I'll definitely take a look at it now :thumbsup:

I'm kind of hesitant about my opinion influencing you since everyone does have different opinions

But if you do trust my opinion, then go ahead and watch it ::'

I don't think I clearly voiced what I was trying to say here. I just couldn't find the right phrasing (sorry about my weirdness, I get paranoid really easily)

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

[hide=Big Quote]

Btw her name is Rukia

Full Metal Alchemist

Negima

Lucky Star

Zero no Tsukaima

Clannad

Hayate no Gotoku

Love Hina

I'm kind of hesitant about my opinion influencing you since everyone does have different opinions

I don't think I clearly voiced what I was trying to say here. I just couldn't find the right phrasing (sorry about my weirdness, I get paranoid really easily)

[/hide]

Lol if I may quote myself

I need your opinion on what I should watch

I trust anyone's opinion on this thread and will always take a look at it if someone recommends it :D

I hope that no one recommends me something really bad that they know I'll hate :pray:

Kannagi ending was great, but theres gotta be a second series. Theres more than enough story to back one up.

There was only 13 episodes in Kannagi? Or am I missing a 14th? Either way it's not enough!

yeah it was only a 13 ep series. Standard enough length for an anime.

Tk5SF.png

Okay I'm starting to feel like the biggest anime noob with all of my questions so hopefully this will be the last one for a while :-#

With The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya what order should I watch them in because the wikipedia page for the episode listing has 3 different orders :?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_episodes

wow. thats one hell of a question.

All 3 orders are a good watch.

Personally I like to with the order that puts melancholy part 6 last.

You could watch them chronologically, but thats not the order that was intended, and it takes something away from the series.

That said, someday in the rain makes a great last episode too.

so.. er.. My vote is for broadcast (Kyon) order.

that goes

The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 1

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 2

The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3

Remote Island Syndrome Part 1

Mystérique Sign

Remote Island Syndrome Part 2

Someday in the Rain

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4

The Day of Sagittarius

Live Alive

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6

Tk5SF.png

[hide=Big Quote]

Btw her name is Rukia

Full Metal Alchemist

Negima

Lucky Star

Zero no Tsukaima

Clannad

Hayate no Gotoku

Love Hina

[/hide]

Lol if I may quote myself

I need your opinion on what I should watch

I trust anyone's opinion on this thread and will always take a look at it if someone recommends it :D

I hope that no one recommends me something really bad that they know I'll hate :pray:

Alright, then I do recommend it :)

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

[/hide]

Okay Thanks Warrior, I'll see if I can pick up a cheap copy of it when I go to Bali in like just over a week I'll probably pick up cheap copies of Full Metal Alchemist, Gurren Lagann, Kannagi, Air Gear and Darker Than Black because apparently over there they have heap's of shops full of pirated movies that they sell for like $2 Australian :D

I've nearly finished the first season of Code Geass but now all the episodes end with like cliffhangers and they make me want to watch the last like 7 all in one sitting :ohnoes:

Okay Thanks Warrior, I'll see if I can pick up a cheap copy of it when I go to Bali in like just over a week I'll probably pick up cheap copies of Full Metal Alchemist, Gurren Lagann, Kannagi, Air Gear and Darker Than Black because apparently over there they have heap's of shops full of pirated movies that they sell for like $2 Australian :D

I've nearly finished the first season of Code Geass but now all the episodes end with like cliffhangers and they make me want to watch the last like 7 all in one sitting :ohnoes:

$2 pirated movies?? HAX!!! :shock:

Okay now that I got that out, I hope you enjoy those and tell me how they were ;)

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

[/hide]

just download them all. Theres no way you'll find Kannagi on DVD. It only recently finished in Japan

also, if you dont like the cliffhangers, you're gonna have to watch all of season 2 in one big session. But tbh, that'll take away from the magic that is Code Geass R2. Back when it was airing, Everybody who watched it just spent their week in anticipation of Sunday night when the new one got released, watched it, went mental, then spent the next week doing exactly the same thing.

Tk5SF.png

just download them all. Theres no way you'll find Kannagi on DVD. It only recently finished in Japan

also, if you dont like the cliffhangers, you're gonna have to watch all of season 2 in one big session. But tbh, that'll take away from the magic that is Code Geass R2. Back when it was airing, Everybody who watched it just spent their week in anticipation of Sunday night when the new one got released, watched it, went mental, then spent the next week doing exactly the same thing.

I have to share my downloads with my brothers and they won't be happy if I'm hogging them all with anime :-# I don't how fast the people that run the shops over there work I mean they release screenings of movies that they just took a video camera into, but hopefully I'll be able to pick up at least some of the anime that I want I don't really mind having to pay a little bit for it. :|

Hopefully I'll be too busy watching other anime shows to want to watch season 2 straight after season 1 :pray:

The thing is, the one you'll buy on DVD, will probably even still have the fansub group logo on the titles, and have "if you payed for this fansub, you were ripped off" on it. Thats all.

and no. Theres no way you'll be able to stop yourself watching season 2 when you see the ending of season 1.

also, woo and yay! 5 new static subs releases today!

Tk5SF.png

I guess I'll be getting ripped off a bit but I'd prefer to get all of it quickly then having to wait months so I can use the downloads that we haven't used at the end of the month to get it :|

Well hopefully I can hold off watching the last seven or so episodes till the day before I go away so I can't watch season 2 and when I come back I'll have forgotten it for a little while :pray:

i read a manga called Deadman Wonderland today, its pretty good, if you like elfen lied you'll like this.

basically, this kid gets framed for the massacre of his middle school class, and gets shipped off to a privately run prison that uses the prisoners and disposable labor, and, well cannon fodder in killer obstacle courses that people pay to watch.

has a decent amount of creepy little girl in it too, kinda gory though.

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

I guess I'll be getting ripped off a bit but I'd prefer to get all of it quickly then having to wait months so I can use the downloads that we haven't used at the end of the month to get it :|

Well hopefully I can hold off watching the last seven or so episodes till the day before I go away so I can't watch season 2 and when I come back I'll have forgotten it for a little while :pray:

But wouldn't be easier just to stream videos online? That's what I do.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg