Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

Berserk is where it's at if you want blood.

Wasn't Berserk the manga with the tree with babies hanging by their umbilical cords in it? I never really got into it because I hated when it went to the main guy as a kid.

Hmmm, don't remember that part. The flashback arc can be pretty tedious, I guess, but it just gets better from there.

Also, did someone say wide faces?

hidamarisketchmiyakodan.gif

Just read Chapter 69 of Steel Ball Run. Araki hasn't lost his touch, my mind is full of [bleep] and I'm excited about the following chapters. Also, the group scanlating it said they werer gonna try to go for 1 chapter a week until they catch up with current releases.

16185_s.gif

• 1 month later...

Whoah, I had kind of forgotten about this thread.

Just read Chapter 69 of Steel Ball Run. Araki hasn't lost his touch, my mind is full of [bleep] and I'm excited about the following chapters. Also, the group scanlating it said they werer gonna try to go for 1 chapter a week until they catch up with current releases.

This didnt' last long, they only released 3 chapters since, and Steel Ball Run already ended (I think, or is VERY close to ending) in Japan, and part 8 has already been announced.

16185_s.gif

Recently I watched Big O for the first time which is one of my favorite animes now. The ending messed my brain up a little though. I watched Project A-Ko 1 through 4 which are some of the most hilarious movies I've ever seen.

Finished Ghost In The Shell S.A.C for the first time a couple days ago. It's good, but it's not my favorite. The art and dialogue is good, but it just feels kind of empty sometimes. There's no (excuse the pun) ghost in the shell.

Summer Wars on DVD Friday. It was fantastic, one of the best anime movies I've ever seen. Can't recommend it enough.

Finally, I'm watching Elfen Lied for the first time and falling in love with it. Hentai and ultra violence makes the perfect combo.

I think I'll read the manga after since I hear it's way different and there's a lot more story in the manga then the anime.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Is it normal for someone to cry through the last episode of Elfen Lied? Because I did. I mean, I cried throughout the series at different points (one of my friends started watching it and is having the same problem) but the end was so sadistic and twisted. Who would do such terrible things to their own characters? I considered what I did to my characters in my fantasy stories sadistic but it's nothing compared to everything that happened at the end of Elfen Lied! I feel bad for every character in the friggin' show. I did not feel sad at all when all the crap hit the fan in my favorite anime, Evangelion, yet I followed these characters through 26 episodes and a movie. The person who made this show did a fantastic job of getting me emotionally connected to every character in a 13 episode span.

Elfen Lied is one of my favorite anime now but I don't think I'll watch it again for a long time.

Is it normal for someone to cry through the last episode of Elfen Lied? Because I did. I mean, I cried throughout the series at different points (one of my friends started watching it and is having the same problem) but the end was so sadistic and twisted. Who would do such terrible things to their own characters? I considered what I did to my characters in my fantasy stories sadistic but it's nothing compared to everything that happened at the end of Elfen Lied! I feel bad for every character in the friggin' show. I did not feel sad at all when all the crap hit the fan in my favorite anime, Evangelion, yet I followed these characters through 26 episodes and a movie. The person who made this show did a fantastic job of getting me emotionally connected to every character in a 13 episode span.

Elfen Lied is one of my favorite anime now but I don't think I'll watch it again for a long time.

They pretty much wrote that anime to try and make it sad as possible. Personally I thought they really overdid it too much (in a bad way).

Pretty much what I'm saying is I don't think the characters were that interesting when they were just extreme caricatures of something that is designed to make you sad. Oh well, it's not the worst anime out there but its my least favorite one I've watched.

Speaking of Anime I kind of wish there was more stuff like Monster or Lain. I've already watched pretty much all of Satoshi Kon's movies and am kind of stuck on what to watch. I don't really like the whole "slice of life" or w/e stuff. I just want a good psychological thriller kind of thing.

Speaking of Anime I kind of wish there was more stuff like Monster or Lain. I've already watched pretty much all of Satoshi Kon's movies and am kind of stuck on what to watch. I don't really like the whole "slice of life" or w/e stuff. I just want a good psychological thriller kind of thing.

Have you tried reading other of Urasawa's works? I havent read them myself, but I've heard many good things about Pluto and 20th Century Boys.

16185_s.gif

[hide=Reason for absence]mvc3teamsynergy1-2.png

THIS TEAM IS WAY TOO GOOD![/hide]

In other news: Finished Freezing and its OVA. For a service anime the action and plot just barely made up for it. Kazuya reminds me too much of Shinji Ikari. Satellizer has the epic personality of Kenshiro while fighting. The OVA was full of...boobs autism. Into Ch. 42 of the manga. Satellizer's brother needs to be shot not because he's a troll, but because he doesn't troll as well as Dio Brando or Hazama.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Have you tried reading other of Urasawa's works? I havent read them myself, but I've heard many good things about Pluto and 20th Century Boys.

Was talking about Anime, not manga :P.

Currently watching Macross Frontier. It's not that bad. I've also got New Getter Robo to watch through.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Just finished up with Macross Frontier. It's basically one giant AMV with added awesome. Seriously, the final episode can be summed up as a sing/dance-off between pop stars to stop a war that's going on in space. It's that awesome.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Madokaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Glad to see this thread is back. Madoka ending was awesome. Now I need Soul Gems to be sold as merch so I can buy one <3

For spring I'm watching Maria Holic Alive, Steins;Gate and (sort of) Nichijou. All are pretty good, I need to catch up on Steins;Gate though since my MPC is being awkward and lagging on some 720p videos for no adequately explored reason.

Also I now hate my friend, I got her to watch a few eps of Clannad and Madoka and she didn't like either <_<

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

How's Nichijou? I was thinking of watching it.

Watch it, it's probably one of the most hilariously awesome anime I've ever seen.

Alright then, downloading.

Edit: Yep, watched Episodes 0 and 1, this thing is GREAT.

16185_s.gif

I'm watching Ergo Proxy at the moment. I don't understand what is happening (on episode 4 currently), but the setting is great, the characters are great, and the art style and design of everything is awesome. Story-wise it's shaping up to be pretty amazing as well.

• 1 month later...

So yeah, I gave in to the temptation and read chapter 1 of Jojolion without having finished Steel Ball Run ([bleep]ing slow scanlation, it's been like months since the last chapter, and they had said they would do 1 chapter a week). All I can say is: What the [bleep], Araki? What the [bleep]?

16185_s.gif