Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

OH [bleep] YOU CHANGE THAT AVATAR RIGHT NOW OR SO HELP ME I-

*Ahem*

I just finished that show.

I do not like Kyubey.

It's good, but a TOTAL mindscrew at times and more depressing than a good few Cosmic Horror Stories that I'm familiar with.

Plus it turns out to be one.

But anyways, are there any recommendations for a good UPBEAT anime to help me recover? Like, something moving, something that might make you cry, but something that will make you happy and inspired in the end. Like Gurren Lagann.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

But anyways, are there any recommendations for a good UPBEAT anime to help me recover? Like, something moving, something that might make you cry, but something that will make you happy and inspired in the end. Like Gurren Lagann.

I may have said this too many times in the past, but I'll say it again: Fist of the North Star.

Lots of people dying, lots of miracles, and lots of Kenshiro trolling his enemies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po77bJk1DdI

Pretty great for something made in the 80s.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

*Ahem*

I do not like Kyubey.

It's good, but a TOTAL mindscrew at times and more depressing than a good few Cosmic Horror Stories that I'm familiar with.

Clannad. Forever tears ;_;

Panty & Stocking was a good fun show, not sad but fun.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Watching Trigun. I wish I had a revolver like Vash.

Also...

[hide=What happens when I find templates I care about]mvc3team1.png[/hide]

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

*Ahem*

I do not like Kyubey.

I like Kyubey. He's going to stay as my avatar, watching you with his emotionless eyes. One day he will come to your window to offer you a wish :3

Wow, Saya no Uta anime confirmed, for those that played the VN.

Also, the OST of Kaiji S2, that had been released a couple of days ago, was uploaded.

FLAC: www.megaupload.com/?d=BVSGDTCJ

V0 MP3: www.megaupload.com/?d=D7GHCD2F

16185_s.gif

Tried watching P&S... I was right to be twitchy about the title.

Though I'm glad I finished the first episode at least, the transformation music and 'Fallen Angel' are kickass. The style of the whole thing is pretty interesting too, if you can take the vulgarity in stride.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Tried watching P&S... I was right to be twitchy about the title.

Though I'm glad I finished the first episode at least, the transformation music and 'Fallen Angel' are kickass. The style of the whole thing is pretty interesting too, if you can take the vulgarity in stride.

I do agree the vulgarity can be a bit OTT but it has an epic OST and the characters are much more interesting than the moe schoolgirl comedy archetype.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I won't forgive them for mistreating something so visually similar to Gir, though. Ever.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I may have said this too many times in the past, but I'll say it again: Fist of the North Star.

Lots of people dying, lots of miracles, and lots of Kenshiro trolling his enemies.

Pretty great for something made in the 80s.

First anime I ever watched in its entirety; Kenshiro trolling 152 episodes strong was simply epic.

On another note, I just finished Elfen Lied and I regret watching it during exam period. I had the urge to immediately analyze the story, characters, and themes in as much depth as possible. Goodbye, an additional 3 hours of my life. Excellently constructed anime, though almost bitingly satirical.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

I started watching Death Note on Hulu yesterday. I made a marathon of it and watched all 37 episodes in two days.

Let's just say I didn't like the ending, for various reasons. The main reason?

I didn't like Near. At all. If anyone was going to catch Light, I would rather it have been L. I was actually sad when he died...

While working on 99 construction I started watching my favorite anime series of all time again; Neon Genesis Evangelion. Holy crap it was so much fun to re-watch it again. I then bought The End of Evangelion, and the re-build of Evangelion and I am now totally hooked. Problem now is the fact that the next movie doesn't even have a release at at the moment :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I started watching Death Note on Hulu yesterday. I made a marathon of it and watched all 37 episodes in two days.

Let's just say I didn't like the ending, for various reasons. The main reason?

I didn't like Near. At all. If anyone was going to catch Light, I would rather it have been L. I was actually sad when he died...

Yeah, second arc killed the first... I liked DN only up until the end of the first arc lol.

But of course, because the anime must have a satisfactory ending to please the audience, they must find a way to get rid of Light. Sure, this probably contributed to the overall thematic discussions posed in the first arc, but the second half felt so cheapened and uninteresting. The psychological warfare just wasn't there anymore and everything became completely predictable.

As for whoever it was that says Elfen Lied isn't deep... on the surface, it's not. On the surface, indeed it seems to just be clearly stating its stance on the Nature vs. Nurture discussion, but the story touches on at least 5 other themes. It wasn't obvious at first to me either, but a rewatch helped me pick up on many little points. I'm still working on fleshing out the notes I've jotted down regarding this anime, I can link you to my blog when I'm finished if you're interested in just how much Elfen Lied comments on society/humanity as a whole.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

I watched 5cm/s yesterday. Great animation, beautiful art style, but it left me with that "What the [bleep] did I just watch" feeling at the end. I guess others could appreciate it more than me...

Also, started reading Pluto. And Urasawa did it again. I cried in the first volume, which is weird, because I'm not a person who cries at all.

16185_s.gif

Currently watching Gundam Unicorn. Seems as though the episodes only come out every six months or so. Then again it's a six-ep. OVA.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Well, I've already got done watching Code Geass AND Hellsing OVA. I have too much time on my hands -.-

All I have to say about Hellsing is wow, I didn't know human beings contained that much blood. And at such a high pressure.

As for Code Geass: It was a gripping story, and managed to surprise me a few times. And it managed to completely horrify me in what can only be called the biggest "what the [bleep] are you kidding me" plot twist ever. If you've watched it, you know what I'm talking about.

I'm not sure whether to bring this up here or not, but what the hell.

Someone made a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Buddy-Cop Genre Comic called Double K.

It's awesome. Read it.

2gvrmg0.jpg

Or else.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

So, Redline, a hand drawn movie that took 7 years, has finally been released in BD, and from the trailer I can say it's probably the best animation I've seen. The art style looks good, too.

Also, the Hellsing OVA 8 (which had been out in BD for like 3 weeks) has finally been ripped, uploaded and translated. And all of this happens just as my ISP has some problems in my buildings, and I haven't been able to connect to it for like 4 days, and they won't fix it until thursday. So now I have a 100kb/s connection I'm using leeching off my neighbour who is out on a trip.

[bleep].

Also, finished reading Pluto and Fuan no Tane. Pluto was good but had a very dissapointing ending. Fuan no Tane was kinda meh, it's a collection of very short horror stories based on urban legends. Now I'm reading Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Vagabond, and plan on reading Eat-Man and 20th Century Boys. Anyone read those last 2? Are they worth it?

Oh, almost forgot, I got my mother hooked up on Ghost in the Shell and Monster. :lol:

16185_s.gif

Aren't Redline BD figures really bad though? Doesn't look like it's sold well for the first week.

Finally finished Revolutionary Girl Utena. It wasn't as good as everyone made it out to be, it's an alright anime. I think nostalgia is what draws most people to it though. The characters are fairly interesting though.

Started Rozen Maiden, it's just okay so far too. I never really totally buy the tsundere 'bullying the slave boy' aspect that quite a few anime have though. At least the concept with the dolls is quite good.

Also started Baka Test 2, so far it's been okay as well (God, not much to praise this post, have I?) and frankly was disappointing for the first 2 episodes in that there were no Idiots, Tests OR Summoning Beasts, just Beaches & Festivals and stupid love triangle stuff that I didn't enjoy in the first series and don't enjoy now. I'm really starting to hate Himeji & Minami. Just because you both love the guy (God knows why) doesn't mean that you have the right to terrorise and bully him if he looks at a girl WHEN YOU HAVEN'T TOLD HIM YOU LIKE HIM. Urgh, it's stupid. I think the OP says it all in that there's no references to tests or summoning and is just all about WUV. ¬_¬

OH and another thing while I'm on a roll, Higurashi Kira's first episode was completely disgusting. I knew from the trailer that it was going to be bad but the whole thing turns out just to be an extended eroge sequence involving each of the main girls in turn. I get that Higurashi has a lot of 'fun' sequences but this first ep is entirely dedicated to Keiichi's sexual fantasises. I have a high tolerance for fanservice but I had to say Rika's rubbing of her bum on a window making ecchi noises really got to me, she's what - nine years old? It's god awful so far <_<

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

OH and another thing while I'm on a roll, Higurashi Kira's first episode was completely disgusting. I knew from the trailer that it was going to be bad but the whole thing turns out just to be an extended eroge sequence involving each of the main girls in turn. I get that Higurashi has a lot of 'fun' sequences but this first ep is entirely dedicated to Keiichi's sexual fantasises. I have a high tolerance for fanservice but I had to say Rika's rubbing of her bum on a window making ecchi noises really got to me, she's what - nine years old? It's god awful so far <_<

I have a very low fanservice tolerance. Hence one of the reasons I'm enjoying Full Metal Alchemist so much. :thumbup:

But... That was a horror show, yeah? Like, straight gore and grossout. With a tiny bit of cuteness and meme-material. At least, that's what I understand from TvTropes. So why in hell has it made that sort of transition.

And finally, I've gotten around to reading the Soul Eater manga some few months after not-fully-watching the anime. I'm trying to read the whole thing through, rather than just skipping ahead, because I'm not certain where the two diverge into the anime's Gecko Ending. So far it's passable, I've never read manga before so I don't really have that much of a standard, the most remarkable thing (other than the blind-idiot translation <_< ) was realizing how the anime had incorporated pretty much the exact images from most every scene in the manga and simply put them in motion. You could remake a fair bit of the manga using screencaps from the anime and speechbubbles.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I have a very low fanservice tolerance. Hence one of the reasons I'm enjoying Full Metal Alchemist so much. :thumbup:

But... That was a horror show, yeah? Like, straight gore and grossout. With a tiny bit of cuteness and meme-material. At least, that's what I understand from TvTropes. So why in hell has it made that sort of transition.

Higurashi is a horror mystery type show, there are cutey parts in the series so that you do get a feel for the characters and that's what makes the horror horrific, but since the horror has been solved for some stupid reason DEEN decided what we needed wasn't the fun of the last OVA Rei, but FANSERVICE EVERYWHERE. I'm just very disappointed, but I can't say I was expecting much from it. Higurashi has unfortunately been reduced to a cash cow :(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I know Naruto catches a lot of flack sometimes but I remember watching the original stuff (now known as part 1) and I agree that was awful.

But, I'v been watching the Shippuden and honestly I'm impressed. I dunno though I feel that I can watch it because I can relate to Naruto so easily where we both have goals that seem impossible yet we still aim for them.

Kinda that "nothing to lose everything to gain" attitude.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I know Naruto catches a lot of flack sometimes but I remember watching the original stuff (now known as part 1) and I agree that was awful.

But, I'v been watching the Shippuden and honestly I'm impressed. I dunno though I feel that I can watch it because I can relate to Naruto so easily where we both have goals that seem impossible yet we still aim for them.

Kinda that "nothing to lose everything to gain" attitude.

Watch. Gurren. Lagann.

Yours is the drill that shall pierce the heavens!

RIP Dawngate ;-;