Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

Imagine if Michael Bay obtained the rights to your favorite anime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffmDz4pSaFE

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

"Joey's racial slang makes him an endearing character." :lol: :lol:

I take my hat off to whoever wrote that line.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Is it necessary to be familiar with that series in general to watch Fate/Zero? I hear good things about it, but as far as I can tell it's predecessor is supposed to be sub-par.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I guess so, it's more or less completely different characters - it's a prequel to Fate/Stay Night so there shouldn't be too much confusion. It probably helps though. I sped through F/SN when Fate/Zero started airing so that I could watch it since I was told how good it was. Zero is definitely better than F/SN though so if you're only going to watch one, watch Fate/Zero for sure.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Alright, I'll see about watching it.

I finished episode one of that something-Nyaruko-something anime that just started airing. I must say, I did not think Cthulhu Mythos, by nature, could be twisted any further.

I think I've been proven wrong.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I haven't watched anime in a couple of months but Sakamichi no Apollon brought me back. Only one episode out so far unfortunately, I don't have the patience for this!

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Only one episode left of Mirai Nikki. Too exciting.

While I've been waiting I've completed:

Clannad and After Story

Angel Beats

Elfen Lied

Started working on:

The Sacred Blacksmith

Full Metal Panic

Yurt Yuri

Air

Seitokai Yakuindomo

The Key works are too gud! Can't wait for Little Busters.

Seitokai Yakuindomo might be the funniest and dirtiest anime I've watched EVER.

• 1 month later...

Fun fact;

The male protagonist of Mirai Nikki has the same voice actor as... ta-da!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUgqIPKMRy8

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• 3 weeks later...

Fun fact;

I was going to try Mirai Nikki until I read the descriptions about what it essentially was about.

Anyways, for my anime binge attempts, I tried and dropped K-ON (nice music, but didn't pull me in), almost finished with Toaru Majutsu No Index (first half of it), and contemplating on finishing some other stuff I dropped in the past due to time constraints.

I really like both Mirai Nikki and Index, both great shows. :D

Aside from marathoning one piece I'm watching Eureka Seven AO (SQUEAAAAAAAAAAAL YEAAAAAAAAAH) and Heaven's Memo Pag. Both are pretty badass.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Heaven's Memo Pad I've been wanting to watch sheerly because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWxMOH4zuKc

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Fun fact;

I was going to try Mirai Nikki until I read the descriptions about what it essentially was about.

Anyways, for my anime binge attempts, I tried and dropped K-ON (nice music, but didn't pull me in), almost finished with Toaru Majutsu No Index (first half of it), and contemplating on finishing some other stuff I dropped in the past due to time constraints.

Music isn't the main premise of K-ON, it's more cute girls doing cute things.

tumblr_lweh4tKECF1r6v4bio1_500.gif

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

Not dead yet. Freezing is still a great manga/manhwa to read. Trying to find something to watch under the action/comedy/ecchi genre.

No one dare recommend me Queen's Blade.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Has anyone read Gamaran? It's mainly about martial arts/fighting without a whole lot of deep story or background but its still really good. I'd recommend it.

I also just started watching Zetman and its pretty good so far, although I'm only about 4 episodes in it looks promising.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Is anyone actually watching Hyouka? I dropped it after 5 episodes because despite how pretty it was, it was actually boring as [bleep]. K-On! was 10x more interesting than that >.< KyoAni, I am disappoint.

Now the Spring season is almost finished - is anyone pumped for Summer? I'm not, particularly. Doesn't look like much to watch tbh, though I guess I'll probably watch YuruYuri 2 though I'm not sure what else.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Has anyone read Gamaran? It's mainly about martial arts/fighting without a whole lot of deep story or background but its still really good. I'd recommend it.

I also just started watching Zetman and its pretty good so far, although I'm only about 4 episodes in it looks promising.

Both Gamaran and Zetman are great.

Currently reading Cage of Eden and Magi.

crossed_body.png

Watching Shakugan no Shana, since I watched the first series back during the dark days when I only watched dubbed.

I just remembered I made a list of all the manga I've read a while back. I'll post it here.

Baby Steps - A tennis manga which is unusual in that it's actually fairly accurate and analytical, and it's not based on a prodigy. In progress, worth a read.

Beck - Fantastic story about a band named Beck (or Mongolian Chop Squad) and how they get to the top. If you haven't read it then do it now.

Berserk - You all know about this, if you haven't read it then drop whatever you have in your hands (idc if it's valuable) and go read this. Probably the best manga about full stop imo.

Cross Game - A baseball manga by Mitsuru Adachi - and fairly typical of his work. Hilarious, tragic, thrilling, this has the lot and is definately worth a read.

Elfen Lied - A very violent, explicit manga. Most will have heard of this/watched the anime. It's actually got a very good story under the violence. Well worth a read, but you won't find violence like this anywhere other than Berserk.

Fruit Basket - Most of you will have heard of this but likely not read this - as far as I know I'm the only dude here who reads shoujo stuff. This is brilliant though, and I think anyone could enjoy it. It's about a girl named Tohru Honda, and how her life changes when she meets and starts living with a family whom when hugged by a member of the opposite sex, turn into an animal of the chinese zodiac. I say again, definately worth reading.

Full Metal Panic! Sigma - Pretty standard stuff, based on the third season of the anime. If you liked the anime read it, if not don't bother. Nothing special.

H2 - Another Mitsuru Adachi baseball manga. I liked this better than Cross Game, partly due to the extra length, and partly because the basic premise suited me a bit better. Like Cross Game, a classic.

Hana-Kimi - A Shoujo manga based around a girl who comes home to Japan from America and enters an all-boys school to follow her hero, a long jumper. The first manga like that really, which spawned imitations like Ouran High Host Club etc. Well worth a read.

Hana Yori Dango - Another Shoujo manga, based on a normal girl who attends a private school, and ends up entangled in the doings of the local group of cool kids. That doesn't sell it very well, but it's a hugely famous and genuinely good series. It can be frustrating at times (it's huge) but is still very good.

Holyland - A manga based around a quiet, unassuming kid who ends up turning to a natural propensity for violence in an effort to find where he fits in in the world. Fantastic, one of my favourite mangas ever.

Honey and Clover - A manga based around a group of students at an art college. Very slice-of-life based stuff, but a great series.

Ichigo no Gakkou - a very short manga based on a couple who get married after the girl - Ichigo - gets pregnant. The catch? The husband is/was her teacher. Feels pretty realistic. Very seinen stuff, well worth 20 mins or less of your time.

Katsu! - A boxing manga by Mitsuru Adachi, and has everything you'd expect from an Adachi piece. Well worth reading if you like his stuff.

Koukou Debut - Pretty standard shoujo manga where a tomboy girl asks a 'cool' fellow student to 'coach' her on romance. Standard fare but a very entertaining read.

Rec - The Day You Cried - A short (1 volume) tragedy manga, based around a child actor and a quiet girl who always carries a camera around. Seemingly an inevitable conclusion, but still emotional and tragic. Worth spending the 20 minutes or so to read.

Shamo - A very, very dark series. The protagonist is a guy who at the start of the series, murders his parents and gets sent to jail. Despite how dark it is, and how nuts the main character is, it's a very interesting, and captivating series. Well worth reading, not many series like this about.

Skip Beat! - A shoujo manga about a girl, who after finding out the guy she loves is merely using her as a maid while he heads to stardom, resolves to defeat him and become an even bigger star. Very interesting, as it has an atypical lead for a shoujo manga - the lead is driven, competent and not a cry-baby. Also, her main driving force is revenge. Well worth a read.

Slam Dunk! - A famous basketball manga you'll likely have heard of. It is brilliant to be honest, well worth a read.

Strobe Edge - A shoujo manga where an innocent and naive girl becomes friends with - and falls in love with - the most popular guy in school. Who already has a girlfriend. I know you are likely groaning at the typical set-up, but it's different from a lot of similar series - for example the rival girlfriend isn't evil or an idiot, and not everything is sunshine and rainbows. Worth a read if you like the genre.

Sundome - This is a very interesting manga. It is borderline hentai though mind, though it doesn't feel gratuitous. A lot of the nudity feels almost tragic. But you'd have to read it to understand. It's about a guy, who is a member of some club in his school which is for guys only, who becomes obsessed/friends/quasi-partners with a girl who transfers in. It's difficult to describe. It deals with fetishes and the like, but it could be argued that at the heart of it, it's a love story. One of the more tragic endings I've read. Well worth a read if you can stomach the content.

Touch - ANOTHER Adachi baseball manga. Different from the others but similar. This focuses on the twin brother of the ace pitcher of their schools baseball team. Very interesting, and well worth reading.

Usagi Drop - A manga about a 30 y.o man who takes in his grandfathers young child after he dies. Follows the growing up of the child, and the growing of the man as well. There's a big timeskip near the end which may ruin it for some, but about as good as heart-warming slice-of-life josei manga gets.

Watashitachi no Shiawasena Jikan - Probably the best short manga I've read. Well actually I don't know if it's manga or manwha, written by a Korean, illustrated by a Japanese person. Oh well. Based around a suicidal pianist who visits a man on death row. Sounds bleak, and is. But it is genuinely beautiful. Everyone should read this, if you don't mind being a bit depressed afterwards. Fantastic.

Feel free to comment or make your own lists.

I've only read Soul Eater, Cradle of Monsters, Alive, Alive: The Final Evolution (COMPLETELY unrelated to the last one, and no I wasn't looking at an alphebetical list), a bit of Gunslinger Girl, and am about 1/20th of the way through Cromartie High.

Which reminds me, all of you must read Cromartie High. All of you. Do it now.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Is anyone actually watching Hyouka? I dropped it after 5 episodes because despite how pretty it was, it was actually boring as [bleep]. K-On! was 10x more interesting than that >.< KyoAni, I am disappoint.

Now the Spring season is almost finished - is anyone pumped for Summer? I'm not, particularly. Doesn't look like much to watch tbh, though I guess I'll probably watch YuruYuri 2 though I'm not sure what else.

Sword Art Online looks interesting.

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

My bluray of Angel Beats! came through the door today. Not even ashamed.

Operation Acquire Bluray, stahto!. :ohnoes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IjwtuNCmKQ

RIP Dawngate ;-;

My bluray of Angel Beats! came through the door today. Not even ashamed.

Operation Acquire Bluray, stahto!. :ohnoes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IjwtuNCmKQ

This is my personal favourite off the ost. Though my favourite overall has to be the Yui version of 一番の宝物 (Ichiban no Takaramono/My most precious treasure)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DopmtkDkHwY