Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

So I just finished watching Cowboy Bebop and I thought it was excellent. Anyone know anything similar?

So far the only anime I have watched is Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, and Gurren Lagan. Liked all three a lot.

I think you might like Trigun, it felt somewhat similar to Cowboy Bebop.

• 3 weeks later...

On the recommendation of a clanmate, I just finished watching Angel Beats! and I'm about halfway through Air Gear. I've really enjoyed them. The story lines and character development are enjoyable (although Angel Beats! was a bit too short to develop them completely), and the accompanying music is excellent (I don't care if it's in Japanese or not, good music is good music :thumbup:).

Especially in Angel Beats! where the piano does this dissonant, pounding, jump back and forth from left to right thing during dramatic moments. Very cool. I'm glad I was watching it on my laptop using headphones. That's the kind of thing I would have totally missed watching it on my TV.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

On the recommendation of a clanmate, I just finished watching Angel Beats! and I'm about halfway through Air Gear. I've really enjoyed them. The story lines and character development are enjoyable (although Angel Beats! was a bit too short to develop them completely), and the accompanying music is excellent (I don't care if it's in Japanese or not, good music is good music :thumbup:).

Especially in Angel Beats! where the piano does this dissonant, pounding, jump back and forth from left to right thing during dramatic moments. Very cool. I'm glad I was watching it on my laptop using headphones. That's the kind of thing I would have totally missed watching it on my TV.

Angel Beats was a very good anime in my opinion. The end got me leading to where I thought there was going to be a prequal. (which there wasnt unforunately)

Oh, the song is decisive battle if you were wondering.

Anyway some of my favorites are, SAO, Elfen Lied, Sankarea, Angel beats, Death note, and SYD:)

Angel Beats was a very good anime in my opinion. The end got me leading to where I thought there was going to be a prequal. (which there wasnt unforunately)

Oh, the song is decisive battle if you were wondering.

Anyway some of my favorites are, SAO, Elfen Lied, Sankarea, Angel beats, Death note, and SYD:)

There is a prequel. Angel Beats has a Manga or Light Novel or something with the Brigade Leader and Blue-Haired Guy (I forget their names) gathering their army in the time before Protagonist Guy arrived.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Actually, there's both an ongoing manga series and a light novel. Not only that, but there's been a second ongoing manga series that was first released while the anime series was still being aired.

Thanks for the name of the song, Wolfyboy. :thumbsup:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I finally got around to watching some of Cowboy Beebop this week, and now I'm sorry that I waited so long. This is definitely one I want for my collection.

Why is it that really good shows only seem to run for one season? And why can't more North American shows have really good music like anime always seems to? I played saxophone in High School, so a jazz/blues soundtrack is right up my alley. :thumbsup:

btw - did anyone else think the visual design and animation style was very similar to the old Macross series from the early 80's?

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching Btooom! It's decent enough, only 3 episodes left though and I've no idea how they're going to end the plot given there's still a load of people on the island. I'm guessing second season Spring or Summer next year if it's been doing well in Japan.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I finished watching D.gray man and it was an alright anime. Disappointing at the ending of it though.

I don't think anyone was satisfied with that ending. Such a cliff hanger :/

Pet Girl of Sakurasou is one of my favourites at the moment, as well as My Little Monster. Thank god Crunchyroll exists :P

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

While waiting for the new episodes of some of the newer animes, I decided to watch one called 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya'. Holy crap, that ending dance is really compelling. No wonder why there a meme about it :3

Just hit episode 3. No stopping here!

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

I started researching the Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series last night. I'd forgotten how good it was. Now I just need to find the rest of the discs (my DVDs are a mess :P ).

Wow haven't been on here in forever o.o did not realize the existence of this thread!

For the past few months I've decided to revisit anime that I've only seen several episodes of on TV. So far I've managed to finish:

- SKET Dance (really hilarious show, both anime and manga, can't wait for OVA and 2nd season!)

- K-ON! (cute slice of life anime, too bad KyoAni won't animate the university arc or Azu-nyan's Light Music Club :( )

- Bakemonogatari (excellent story, one of my favorite supernatural anime of all time, but I hate those frames that say red/black...)

- Nisemonogatari (story isn't as good but excellent pacing and visuals, and no more stupid frames that say red/black)

- Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu (love triangle much? loved the concept of test scores = summon power XD )

- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (SOS Brigade is one of the most awesome clubs ever, period.)

- Kokoro Connect (Heartseed is one epic troll, nuff said. Also the mood whiplashes in this show... oh god...)

Right now I'm watching the 3rd season of Zero no Tsukaima. I'm not the biggest fan of tsundere type characters, but what really got me into this series is the story as well as the character development. Plus a little ecchi here and there wouldn't hurt~

Planning to watch, in no particular order:

- Angel Beats!

- Chuunybiou demo Koi ga Shitai!

- Code Geass

- Death Note

- Fairy Tail

- Gintama (excluding the rerun season obviously)

- Hetalia Axis Powers + World Series + upcoming Beautiful World

- Hunter x Hunter

- Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

- Kokoro Connect Michi Random (read the light novel, absolutely CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS :D )

- Lucky Star

- Mirai Nikki

- Romeo x Juliet

- School Rumble

- Spice and Wolf

- Shinryaku! Ika Musume

- Steins;Gate (is Robotics;Notes a direct sequel to this?)

- Sword Art Online

- To Love-Ru (heard the Blurays are borderline ecchi to extreme levels, waiting for Darkness BD to be released in its uncensored glory~)

- The World God Only Knows + upcoming 3rd season

Yea I haven't watched all that much anime yet... most of these are just recommendations from my friends. For ones that are airing as of now I'm probably gonna wait till a DVD/BD release comes out, unless they won't finish airing anytime soon :|

Also anyone who has watched the Bakemonogatari series, should I read the light novels? Or did the anime series already cover most of the LN's?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

[spoiler=TLDR]Wow haven't been on here in forever o.o did not realize the existence of this thread!

For the past few months I've decided to revisit anime that I've only seen several episodes of on TV. So far I've managed to finish:

- SKET Dance (really hilarious show, both anime and manga, can't wait for OVA and 2nd season!)

- K-ON! (cute slice of life anime, too bad KyoAni won't animate the university arc or Azu-nyan's Light Music Club :( )

- Bakemonogatari (excellent story, one of my favorite supernatural anime of all time, but I hate those frames that say red/black...)

- Nisemonogatari (story isn't as good but excellent pacing and visuals, and no more stupid frames that say red/black)

- Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu (love triangle much? loved the concept of test scores = summon power XD )

- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (SOS Brigade is one of the most awesome clubs ever, period.)

- Kokoro Connect (Heartseed is one epic troll, nuff said. Also the mood whiplashes in this show... oh god...)

Right now I'm watching the 3rd season of Zero no Tsukaima. I'm not the biggest fan of tsundere type characters, but what really got me into this series is the story as well as the character development. Plus a little ecchi here and there wouldn't hurt~

Planning to watch, in no particular order:

- Angel Beats!

- Chuunybiou demo Koi ga Shitai!

- Code Geass

- Death Note

- Fairy Tail

- Gintama (excluding the rerun season obviously)

- Hetalia Axis Powers + World Series + upcoming Beautiful World

- Hunter x Hunter

- Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

- Kokoro Connect Michi Random (read the light novel, absolutely CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS :D )

- Lucky Star

- Mirai Nikki

- Romeo x Juliet

- School Rumble

- Spice and Wolf

- Shinryaku! Ika Musume

- Steins;Gate (is Robotics;Notes a direct sequel to this?)

- Sword Art Online

- To Love-Ru (heard the Blurays are borderline ecchi to extreme levels, waiting for Darkness BD to be released in its uncensored glory~)

- The World God Only Knows + upcoming 3rd season

Yea I haven't watched all that much anime yet... most of these are just recommendations from my friends. For ones that are airing as of now I'm probably gonna wait till a DVD/BD release comes out, unless they won't finish airing anytime soon :-|

Also anyone who has watched the Bakemonogatari series, should I read the light novels? Or did the anime series already cover most of the LN's?

You might also want to watch the Toaru series. I think it could appeal to you.

That aside, Puella Magi Madoka Magica is mandatory. Watch it first. If you can find a fansubbed DVD/Blu-ray version somewhere online (the only officially localized DVD is the terrible English dub), even better.

On the off chance you haven't heard about it before now, watch at least until episode 3 before you decide if you like it or not. Also try to avoid viewing spoilers.

• Like 1

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

JoJo for "Most Manga-Faithful" anime of 2012-2013.

[hide]comparison2.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Eat your heart out, Kamina.]comparison3.jpg[/hide]

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0