Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

Fate/Zero and Mirai Nikki are both really solid animes.

The first for the Urobutcher's evil combined with some of the best fight scenes I've ever seen and a solid plot, and the second for a horrifying plot and the biggest yandere ever.

Brotherhood is also awesome but at 60+ episodes you might want to finish a few shorter ones before you get into it. It's a pretty big commitment (although certainly worth it).

I'm about to start Elfen Lied, which I was foolish enough to start watching on campus a few days ago. Cue starting nude scene and me minimizing my browser very quickly (luckily no-one was behind me at that moment).

Oh and I recently watched Kokoro Connect and it was surprisingly good. Fairly light in tone, but it still managed to hit some emotional chords. It's a shame they never bothered explaining that Heartseed fellow's motivations at all.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I'm going to wait a bit before watching Cowboy Bepop, Kaida - The version I have is a low-quality rip of it, and I've heard good things about it. If it's as good as people say it is, then I'll wait till I can get my hands on a blu-ray rip, or something.

Unfortunately, the series hasn't been released on Blu-ray yet. I've heard rumors that they're releasing it later this year, but for now DVD quality is as good as you're going to get. The movie was released on Blu-ray though, so you can enjoy that in full high definition goodness. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Started watching Nichijou.

HOW THE [bleep] DO PEOPLE CONSIDER K-ON BETTER THAN THIS?

Nichijou is among the BEST of KyoAni's works, following Hyouka and Haruhi.

Seriously, since SKET Dance I have never watched a show that made me laugh so hard. Its cuteness, randomness and the ability to make mundane things awesome is WAY OVER THE TOP.

NICHIJOU FOR THE WIN.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Nichijou made me cry manly tears

Best Anime of the epoch

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

So one Youtube adventure through funny Nichijou clips later and I kind of want to watch the series.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

So one Youtube adventure through funny Nichijou clips later and I kind of want to watch the series.

DO IT

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Not "kind of". YOU MUST@

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Elfen Lied, and was heavily scarred by the process. Seriously, don't watch it unless you have a high tolerance for trauma because it's got everything from animal abuse to a little girl getting raped by her father. Not cool.

I feel like the overarching plot was lacking, though because [hide=Spoilers everywhere] It really felt contrived for the protagonist (I forgot his name already) to forgive Lily/Nyu for murdering his sister and father so quickly. Seriously it transitioned straight from "HOLY SHIT I JUST REMEMBERED YOU KILLED HALF OF MY FAMILY IN FRONT OF MY EYES" to "I tripped and fell on you I'm going to blush because you're cute and apparently not even my grief is stronger than my perversion". And then he somehow gets over it and kisses her a few hours later. I just can't see any real human being recovering from that level of betrayal that quickly.

Mind, the Lily's back story was incredibly compelling. After watching her classmates murder her pet puppy in front of her I had trouble being upset at her for her actions. It was a combination of "oh god she's turning flat out evil" and "but what society has done to her has been so crappy". She was a really good character overall, I think.

Way too many of the other characters seemed far too two-dimension though, like they were only there to join the protagonist's harem or to throw in a random tragic back story for more shock value. [/hide]

Also I'm still working my way through Nichijou and it's a lot of fun. I'm not a huge fan of one shot episodes that lack an overarching plot, but Nichijou keeps drawing me back whenever I'm getting sick of other things for a quick boost.

Also also I finished rewatching Steins;Gate (watched the dub this time) and I have to say it was one of the better dubs I've seen. Kyouma's evil laugh could've been better, but then I guess I can't ask for everything.

Also also also I was incredibly disappointed to learn that rumors of the new Madoka movie airing this summer (well, in Japan) were only rumors.

[/hide]

Started watching Death Note the other day and hot damn is it good. I'm about half way through it right now and I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I don't know what it is with longer series but I drop them halfway through. I dropped Death Note, Vampire Knight, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Naruto... There's probably a few more but I don't remember every anime I've watched.

Need to catch up on ma Shoujos though.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Naruto and Bleach are so absurdly long that I can't understand how anyone could watch all of their episodes. Never mind madness like One Piece.

It takes serious greatness for a series to hold me in for more than 25 episodes.

[/hide]

I don't know what it is with longer series but I drop them halfway through. I dropped Death Note, Vampire Knight, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Naruto... There's probably a few more but I don't remember every anime I've watched.

Need to catch up on ma Shoujos though.

Can you recommend any good Shoujo anime? I love girly manga, for some reason, and I get tired of watching people punch each other sometimes.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Right? I've only got 7 episodes left. I'm going to be sorry to see it end.

Just marathon-ed Deadman Wonderland, and the fact that it was a flop in Japan makes me further further doubt their collective sanity.

Now I think I'll finish off Nichijou to help me get over all the death.

[/hide]

Just marathon-ed Deadman Wonderland, and the fact that it was a flop in Japan makes me further further doubt their collective sanity.

Now I think I'll finish off Nichijou to help me get over all the death.

Funnily enough, Nichijou was also a flop in Japan.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm going to hold this against every Japanese person I meet from now on.

[/hide]

Why do I keep forgetting this post exists...

Nichijou is definitely one for the collection. It was too funny, and I'm flabbergasted as to how it flopped in Japan. I mean, really. C'mon.

Anyway, Winter season surprised me. The notables I've got coming out of this are probably Haganai NEXT, Maoyu, and Sakurasou na Pet no Kanojo, and the dark horse winner which I didn't see coming was Kotoura-san. (To those who have trouble with depressing backstories, Kotoura-san probably isn't for you.)

Getting bored of Oreshura, since I read the manga and thought it'd be interesting, but the plot's just too predictable at this point. Thankfully it will end mercifully with twelve episodes...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Geez. Where do you guys get your anime from?

Is it safe to ask, or is it against the rules?

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Teh interwebz is an amazing place. ;)