Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

Oh man I really just adored that series. I might need to rewatch it, the closest thing to an anime I've ever rewatched was ATLA. Or maybe if you count watching all the episodes in the Endless Eight.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Oh god I almost went nuts watching the Endless Eight. Particularly because it's a tiny section in the novels.

After a while I just started laughing. Not in a healthy sort of way, though.

I heard that the show is permanently cancelled because one of the lead's VAs is a [bleep] or something.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

You mean Aya Hirano? I heard she had a boyfriend, or something, and it angered all her male fans because she wasn't pure anymore :unsure: Not too sure on that one though.

Is that the person who played Haruhi and Konata? I'm pretty sure that's the person I heard about.

I'm pretty sure that the [lady of the night] bit was literal, though, as in she was being paid or something.

Personally, I don't see what the relevance is. I didn't think folks really held anime VAs to such high standards.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Nichijou, was really good but, I felt too much of the time the larger areas of plot were stopped in the middle to show other segments rather than finish the current one. End up getting interested in the newer, and lose interest in the later, then vise versa.

Going to finish up Yuru Yuri now.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Sword Art Online is very interesting; on first blush it reminds me of (what I remember of) .hack. I'll be keeping tabs on this one as it goes along.

Outside of that I've just been pillaging through Funimation's stockpile of anime...already finished Trigun, A Certain Magical Index, Haibane Renmei, and I'm following Shakugan no Shana. Not sure if there's anything else out there that I'm terribly interested in...I'll have to just meander and see what's out there.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Finally Sword Art Online aired, first episode followed light novels to 100% couldn't be more happy :c

SOA is riddled with plot holes.

The premise of SAO is interesting, so I'll stick around for a couple more episodes.

If you like the premise of SAO, try Yureka, 1/2 Prince and the .Hack series!

P.S: Berserk ch. 330 out friends!

crossed_body.png

• 3 weeks later...

Watched all of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Edward is now on my cool people list. BARRRM2-1.png

The latest chapter of Freezing made Kazuya's love life a bit more complicated and juicy. 30cvqms-1.png .....but the scanlator is now on vacation. hhhjj.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

• 2 weeks later...

Before I pronounce this thread as "already dead", I would like to share this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH7tmMVCQRI

• 2 weeks later...

I finished watching the Claymore anime. Has anyone here read the manga, and would you recommend reading it? I might end up downloading it since I can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price but I'd like to know first if it's worth reading. :P

• 4 weeks later...

I found Ef a tale of melodies better than memories actually.

Also I love Sword Art Online Sundays! :D

binbougami ga has turned out to be a decent show too, not such a bad season.

Looking forward to kyoani's new show next season, as well as Medaka box 2 and Robotics;notes, and probably some more shows once the good ones have been picked out.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I found Ef a tale of melodies better than memories actually.

Also I love Sword Art Online Sundays! biggrin.png

binbougami ga has turned out to be a decent show too, not such a bad season.

Looking forward to kyoani's new show next season, as well as Medaka box 2 and Robotics;notes, and probably some more shows once the good ones have been picked out.

I dropped SOA and Medaka Box by recommendation, should I try again?

Also, does anyone know what Record of Lodoss War is like? I've been sort of wanting to watch something based on a game of D&D, where Crispin Freeman voices everyone. :P

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm really enjoying SoA, on par with kokoro connect for best anime of season (not that I watch loads). Medaka box was good, goes from a typical school comedy to something a lot more shounen by the end. Its not to everyone's tastes though, but might be worth it.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I watched a few episodes of tari tari. Though it was good enough but since my bf dropped it I've not put in any real effort to watch it, I should probably officially drop it if I don't start watching it again soon.

I'm totally ready for Autumn as well. I love the start of new seasons.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I watched a few episodes of tari tari. Though it was good enough but since my bf dropped it I've not put in any real effort to watch it, I should probably officially drop it if I don't start watching it again soon.

I'm totally ready for Autumn as well. I love the start of new seasons.

Tari Tari was pretty enjoyable considering it was a cheesy slice of life.

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

So I just finished watching Cowboy Bebop and I thought it was excellent. Anyone know anything similar?

So far the only anime I have watched is Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, and Gurren Lagan. Liked all three a lot.

You'll probably enjoy Code Geass and Full Metal Alchemist.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg