Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

No JoJo last week, but these will do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDV9eSLiLn8

KONO DIO DA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yblC0_SE9R4

What if "Roundabout" was Madoka's ED?

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

So I started watching Steins;Gate last week.

I'm 14 episodes in currently. And all I have to say is.

Holy.

Shit.

Never knew time travel could get THIS chaotic... I've always been a fan of sci-fi and this anime basically defined what a sci-fi anime should contain. The characters are well-developed, its take on time travel was interesting, and it gets REALLY serious when it needs to. One of the best shows I've watched, definitely.

I wonder if Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes match up to this. Heard both were pretty bad though... should I watch these?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

^Steins;Gate is one of my all time favorites just because of how convoluted it gets. I can't comment on the other two though since I haven't seen them.

Speaking of which I just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion and I'm still trying to figure out its ending.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Just finished Fate/Zero. Their incredibly liberal interpretations of Alexander the Great and King Arthur* kind of annoyed me, but I can't deny that it was still pretty good. I don't think I'm going to forget the worms any time soon....

[hide=spoilers] Not only did you make Arthur a girl (which raises some BIG questions about Mordred, hot damn) but then you had her defeat Lancelot in a swordfight at the end? Arthur wasn't even that amazing of a swordsman according to lore jeez. [/hide]

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

Speaking of which I just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion and I'm still trying to figure out its ending.

Funnyjunk aside, that long picture sums up the events nicely.

Watched the 3.0 camrip today. Blew my mind even though I can barely comprehend what happenec

Starting on an airship after 14 year timeskip

Currently working through Mystical Archives of Dantalian. The ED is going to give me nightmares

Sig

So I started watching Steins;Gate last week.

I'm 14 episodes in currently. And all I have to say is.

Holy.

Shit.

Never knew time travel could get THIS chaotic... I've always been a fan of sci-fi and this anime basically defined what a sci-fi anime should contain. The characters are well-developed, its take on time travel was interesting, and it gets REALLY serious when it needs to. One of the best shows I've watched, definitely.

I wonder if Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes match up to this. Heard both were pretty bad though... should I watch these?

They aren't as good. Hell, even the creator of the visual novels said that he cant top steins;gate. Chaos;head is ok and I've not watched enough robotics;notes but theyre definitely not as good.

update on what I'm watching:

Just finished danshi kokousei no nichijou and medaka box abnormal.

Watching Kotoura san, Sasami san, little busters and tamako market. Gj-bu has already been dropped and Tamaki market might go.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I started rewatching Naruto the other day. I can't stand the English voice actors, so I have copies of the original Japanese with subs. It's just as good as I remember, but I had forgotten that if I watch more than 5 or 6 at a sitting I start getting really motion sick from trying to read all the subtitles.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Right? I watched it a couple of months ago and was absolutely blown away by it.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

That show's artstyle made me inexplicably nauseous.

That said, it was fantstic. Even if my crying was at times interrupted by the sudden urge to puke.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Really? I thought the art was fantastic in the show. Then again I'm used to watching shows with a 60mb file size and the copy I got a hold of was a blu-ray rip.

I just started Clannad today; I'm on episode four now. It seems like a pretty awesome show so far to be honest, though I wish I didn't start watching anime with Angel Beats. The show had me in tears every other episode and I feel like everything else is just going to pale in comparison to it.

Tears, tears everywhere

Watch Gurren Lagann. You won't be crying nearly as much, but when you do, they'll be the manliest of tears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p5OyLFQLCc

RIP Dawngate ;-;

^Gurren Lagann never really hit me emotionally. [hide= 'Frick these are spoilers I didn't realize for some reason'] All of the deaths were accepted so stoutly (or in Kamina's case were just so heroic) that they had a surreal quality to them. [/hide]

Not to say it wasn't a glorious anime.

But then I've always found futility far sadder than sacrifices, so as long as the anime leaves hope it's fine.

[hide=Example with massive Clannad and Clannad Afterstory Spoilers]

Nagisa's death hit me a lot less hard than Fuko's vanishing, for example. A person dying (though it was depressing) just hit me less hard than the idea of being completely forgotten, especially after the amount of work they all put into trying to save her and make her happy. Especially since she remembered none of it when she finally woke up. [/hide]

[/hide]

DURR HURR

SPOILERS YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD

RIP Dawngate ;-;

SOMEHOW IT DIDN'T REGISTER THAT THOSE WERE SPOILERS I EDITED IT I'M SO SORRY

[/hide]

SOMEHOW IT DIDN'T REGISTER THAT THOSE WERE SPOILERS I EDITED IT I'M SO SORRY

OKAY THAT'S BETTER THANKS

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Just finished watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

#1 anime of the decade. Actually, more like #1 anime EVER.

Too bad I can't convince my friends to watch this because they think this is another typical mahou shoujo on the outside -_- I even told them it's made by SHAFT, the same company that made the Monogatari series, still not convinced.

Seriously, screw the haters, I have yet to find an anime series that can top something of this quality.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Whenever I see the eyecatch for that show, it strikes a chord. You guys know what I'm talking about, right?

2uoi7mv.jpg

Don't get it? Recall what Kanade's condition was...

In retrospect, that whole series was pretty clever.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

...Nex if you don't edit the spoilers from your quote of me this will all be for naught.

And it's very hard to get friends to watch Madoka unless they really trust your taste in shows. Especially without spoiling the plot.Despite that it's easily my favorite anime, and if you have time I'd recommend you read "A Different Story" (an in-depth look into Mami and Kyoko's backstories) and "Oriko Magica" (a past timeline).

Edit: [hide= 'Angel Beats Spoilers']I really liked how the name ended up being a pun on the big plot twist, and all of the subtle references to it that were stuffed into the show and eyecatch. [/hide]

[/hide]

...Nex if you don't edit the spoilers from your quote of me this will all be for naught.

And it's very hard to get friends to watch Madoka unless they really trust your taste in shows. Especially without spoiling the plot.

Despite that it's easily my favorite anime, and if you have time I'd recommend you read "A Different Story" (an in-depth look into Mami and Kyoko's backstories) and "Oriko Magica" (a past timeline).

Fix'd

There's a lot of ancillary material out there about the series. Like what the runes mean, and the designs of the main ensemble's

Witch forms

RIP Dawngate ;-;

^I've spent far too long on their wiki reading about those.

I'm also psyched for when the third movie comes out this year. (The first two showed in a local theater so I figure I'll get to see the third as well.)

[/hide]

The first two movies are just basically plot summaries right? Any major differences to speak of? Spoilertag them if you wish, but usually I don't watch movies that sum up anime episodes :|

Also, started watching Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai.

Hilarious harem anime with a theme I can easily relate to - it isn't called "I Don't Have Many Friends" for nothing.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog