Best Album, Not band Or Song -Look-

MyPurpleCrayon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your favorite album. Not your favorite band or song, but album. I'm saying one that you can listen straight through without having to skip a song. Here are some of my favorites.

Weezer- The Blue Album

Ben Folds- Ben Folds Live

ReeL Big Fish- Cheer Up

What are some of yours?

I love The Blue Album and Ben Folds, but I just like Rockin' the Suburbs and his new cd, Songs for Silverman..

Keane - Hopes and Fears

:)

Yup.. Good..

GNR Greatest Hits is good too.. Led Zepplin's Early Days and Latter Days(I think) is also a good greatest hits album, except for I've only listened to the Early Days part so far =s

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

What's your favorite album. Not your favorite band or song, but album. I'm saying one that you can listen straight through without having to skip a song. Here are some of my favorites.

Weezer- The Blue Album

Ben Folds- Ben Folds Live

ReeL Big Fish- Cheer Up

What are some of yours?

I love The Blue Album and Ben Folds, but I just like Rockin' the Suburbs and his new cd, Songs for Silverman..

Keane - Hopes and Fears

:)

Yup.. Good..

GNR Greatest Hits is good too.. Led Zepplin's Early Days and Latter Days(I think) is also a good greatest hits album, except for I've only listened to the Early Days part so far =s

Oh my!! I love you!!!!!! My favirote of Ben Folds is Still Fighting it

Retired runescpaers eh? Im not saying i like soft rock, in fact i really dont like it, my favirote genre of music is definitly Ska. It's really sweet.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Less Than Jake - Anthem

Edguy- Vain Glory Opera House (live)

Nightwish- Once

Could come up with alot more, but those are my fav's.

You have to be a little more specific; I pretty much listen to all albums without skipping. What is the point of the album if you skip; are your ideas so entrenched in pop culture where music is all about 1 hit singles? That's what makes an album an album, it is more then the hits. The only thing I really skip are large gaps of silence and up until the last few listens NIN-Closer (because I was sick of people singing/playing it and proclaiming it the best NIN song ever).

Most of my favorite albums are probably by David Bowie (only because I have most of his albums and they all sound great but then again most albums I have sound.).

Top 5 in no order:

- Green Day - Dookie

- Less Than Jake - Anthem

- Tripod - Middlesborough Road

- Smashmouth - Get The Picture

- Bad Religion - Stranger Than Fiction

Why has no one mentione? Green Day - American Idiot...is it too mainstream or something?

Some that others already posted:

Less Than Jake - Anthem

Eminem - Marshall Mathers lp (I was actually surprised to find I can listen right through. Although I have to skip the skits......especially.......that one :? )

And I don't think anyone's mentioned one of my all time favorites (but only seven tracks :cry: ):

Godsmack - The Other Side

finalsig9wq.gif

Why has no one mentione? Green Day - American Idiot...is it too mainstream or something?

Because, IMO, Dookie is the best Album Green Day has produced ;)

Because, IMO, Dookie is the best Album Green Day has produced ;)

That and I actually find American Idiot to be a bad album.

Five Iron Frenzy - The End is Near

Five Iron Frenzy - Electric Boogaloo

Fiver Iron Frenzy - Our Newest Album Ever

The rest of their albums are great too I just didn't want to list them all.

Also,

Offspring - Americana

Dream Theater - Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a memory

More to be added..

Less Than Jake - Anthem

Edguy- Vain Glory Opera House (live)

Nightwish- Once

Could come up with alot more, but those are my fav's.

Vain Glory Opera-what?

Sure you don't mean "Burning Down The Opera"? They have an album called "Vain Glory Opera", but "Burning Down The Opera" is the only live album they got. :P

You disappoint me, Nadril... ack...

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg

You have to be a little more specific; I pretty much listen to all albums without skipping. What is the point of the album if you skip; are your ideas so entrenched in pop culture where music is all about 1 hit singles? That's what makes an album an album, it is more then the hits.

If you buy an album by a band you like that doesn't mean you have to like EVERY song on the album.

Deep Purple - Made in Japan

Oh yea baby, real sweet. :D

/me runs upstairs to grab CD. :D I'm aaaaaaaaa highway staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!

Led Zep's untitled 4th is really good indeed, I should get some more Zep albums, if I don't forget it, anybody got some to recomend?

The Eminem Albums are real good too, I enjoy listening to them, my brother has them.

I got Joe Satriani - Surfing With the Alien, I should get more, but I don't know which ones to buy first >.<

At the time I thought Usher's "8701" was a great album too, not really into him anymore, but I can still apreciate the album.

I also liked Xzibit's albums "Restless" and "40 Dayz & 40 Nightz". One that I listned over and over again was Dr. Dre - Dr. Dre 2001. I should still buy it, I had a burned version and it got lost, and I should get the Chronic too. :)

And there's sooo much more good stuff around, I'm surprised nobody mentioned Sgt. Pepers Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles, really amazing too. :wink:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Milk Inc - Closer

Rammstein - Mutter

Within temptation - Mother earth

Within tempation - The silent force

Ayreon - The human equation

Close (1 song of):

Tatu - 200 km/h in the wrong lane

Several good albums though but none of which I really like every single song on them. That includes: Linkin park, nightwish, sonata arctica, etc..

Vmser.png

Metallica-Master of Puppets

Metallica-....And Justice for All

Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here

Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

Led Zeppelin-Led Zeppelin IV

Led Zeppelin-Led Zeppelin II

Black Sabbath-Master of Reality

Black Sabbath-Paranoid

Slayer-Reign in Blood

Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind

Iron Maiden-The Number of the Beast

All great albums i could listen too all day non stop.

You have to be a little more specific; I pretty much listen to all albums without skipping. What is the point of the album if you skip; are your ideas so entrenched in pop culture where music is all about 1 hit singles? That's what makes an album an album, it is more then the hits.

If you buy an album by a band you like that doesn't mean you have to like EVERY song on the album.

Yes you don't have to like every song but there is no point in skipping songs as it ruins the flow of the album and is disruptive. I would rather let it slide then do something about it. But hey an opinion's an opinion.

Surfing With the Alien, I should get more, but I don't know which ones to buy first >.<

Get his Electric Antholgy. Basically all his best tracks in a 2 disc compilation. The Extremist is good too, and check out Time Machine if you want a live album.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I think i listen to pretty much every album i own all the way through, but here's a few off the top of my head:

Deftones - Adrenaline

Zero 7 - When It Falls

A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms

Trivium - Ascendency

Sublime - Sublime

Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power

Alice In Chains - Facelift

That'll do for now.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

I forgot to add Bob Dylan's "Desire". It's really good in my opinion. All the songs that are on it are little stories, and when I just lie down, close my eyes, I can just see everything happening. You got loads of stuff to fill a 3 hour movie, but it's all done in a song. And of course "Blonde on Blonde" by Dylan.

Thanks a lot for the Satriani recomendations, Dan! I'm going to check 'em out when I got money to spend on CD's again, and that would be July the sixth. Also, if you want, can you inform me about what's good from Steve Vai? He's instrumental-only too, right?

Frank Zappa - Apostrophe, I got that last week, is really amazing, there's so much humour in the album and instrumentals are real good too, in my opinion. I've been listening a lot to it the last week. I'm getting "Freak Out" next week, it wasn't in yet. And "Ahead of their Time" by Zappa and his Mothers of Invention, real good, the first part is more comedian, combined with some instrumentals, and the last part (starts at King Kong, if I'm correct) is basicaly music only, it's real good. If you like "weirder" compositions you should deffiniatly try it, if you havn't done that yet of course. :)

Also, most of us probably know of this site already, but I thought people who havn't heard of it might like it. I browse trough it sometimes when I don't have anything special to do. There's some real interesting stuff on their site: rockhall.com

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Steve Vai's Passion and Warfare is my favorite from him, and yeah he's instrumental only.

Satch's newest album is also his best since Surfing with the Alien imo, its totally listenable all the way through, I must've gone through it at least 50 times.