12 Aug 2008 - Runecrafting Guild and Game - For All Players!

namename

I feel personally it's easier to be on the yellow team, I struggled to see the green ones, and I'm also pretty sure the yellow orbs are slightly bigger and more apparent.

But saying that, me and friend won 2 matches and drew 2 whilst getting greens and against 3 people on yellow who were pretty good...

Dark_Jab.png

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone ELSE notice the quest start icon in Wizard's tower's ground floor ?(first floor for americans)

Edit: Tried the minigame too- it is WAY too unbalanced- I had a game with 2 players against 5 players (with me in the 2-player team).... and lost pathetically. (Best game was like 10-14 or so)

And ofcourse I got NO TOKENS whatsoever! I think I worked as much as half of the ohter team and got nothing for it. :o

Nice work, Jagex. Better luck next time -.-

Joke

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

I'm kicking myself for turning all of my Talisman into Tiaras now :x Oh well the Guild is pretty cool \'

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

Did anyone ELSE notice the quest start icon in Wizard's tower's ground floor ?(first floor for americans)

Edit: Tried the minigame too- it is WAY too unbalanced- I had a game with 2 players against 5 players (with me in the 2-player team).... and lost pathetically. (Best game was like 10-14 or so)

And ofcourse I got NO TOKENS whatsoever! I think I worked as much as half of the ohter team and got nothing for it. :o

Joke

The quest sign has been there a while, I think it's for Imp Catcher and they've never sorted it out.

Jagex need to tweak this game, the losing side should atleast get some tokens for EFFORT similar to Fist of Guthix, I just don't think getting double rc exp is justifiable enough, since you ain't exactly making 100's of runes per game, and people can be crippled right from the get go if they get shoved with inexperienced/low level runecrafters or with a smaller team.

Dark_Jab.png

Joke

The quest sign has been there a while, I think it's for Imp Catcher and they've never sorted it out.

Jagex need to tweak this game, the losing side should atleast get some tokens for EFFORT similar to Fist of Guthix, I just don't think getting double rc exp is justifiable enough, since you ain't exactly making 100's of runes per game, and people can be crippled right from the get go if they get shoved with inexperienced/low level runecrafters or with a smaller team.

Absolutely. I played a game that was two on three, my team won (I had one opponent) but that was mostly due to the other team not knowing what they were doing and attracting our colored orbs in, aside from one guy.

We got 900 tokens, but the previous game I played (which was much than this, but we lost) I only received 100 tokens (I used the 1000 to buy a green hat :D )

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I am stunned at how Jagex has been very kind to us free players! I convinced now that when I can obtain the means, I am going to go member to support this kind of generosity (college is naturally eating up my funds atm :P...so maybe after college but I'm planning on it). Thank you very much Jagex :thumbsup:.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

I have been reading the posts and it seems there is good stuff and bad stuff about the mini game. I am asking if it it is worth it to train 6 more lvs of runecrafting to get in to the game for a free to play?

Warsaver.png

Anything special to staves over tiaras?

Tiaras seem more efficient, in that you only have to give up a helm spot vs. a weapon spot.

Also, will wearing RC gloves from FoG 4x your exp.?

Hadn't even thought of that. Someone needs to see if that stacks.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Tiaras seem more efficient, in that you only have to give up a helm spot vs. a weapon spot.

There is the new runecrafting clothing set which includes a hat so that might be a reason to use the staff instead of the tiara.

Warsaver.png

There is the new runecrafting clothing set which includes a hat so that might be a reason to use the staff instead of the tiara.

No bonus to the hat. Either in actual RCing or minigame.

But yea... that would be... conceivablely a reason.

Runecrafting staves are much more than just a pretty ornamentation: you can use them exactly as you use a Runecrafting tiara, as well as distracting the eyes in the Abyss to help you sneak past. To bind a talisman to a staff, simply take the talisman and the staff to the talisman's altar and use either of them on it.

Now, since I've never been to the Abyss (don't like the risk factor of it) I don't know what these eyes are, but maybe someone else will know. Whatever they are, the Runecrafting staffs distract them.

blazesigbq9.jpg

Runecrafting staves are much more than just a pretty ornamentation: you can use them exactly as you use a Runecrafting tiara, as well as distracting the eyes in the Abyss to help you sneak past. To bind a talisman to a staff, simply take the talisman and the staff to the talisman's altar and use either of them on it.

Now, since I've never been to the Abyss (don't like the risk factor of it) I don't know what these eyes are, but maybe someone else will know. Whatever they are, the Runecrafting staffs distract them.

The Abyss has two sections. You start in the outside circle, where you're getting attacked by all the abyssal creatures, and there are several obstacles to get to the inner circle (where the portals to the altars are). There are several obstacles requiring a tinderbox, axe, pickaxe, and the eyes are an agility (or theiving, I think) obstacle that you distract this giant pair of eyes to get past it. You can choose which obstacle to go through depending on what you have in your inventory, but they're scattered around the circle. (It's easier to do it by wielding a pickaxe and having a tinderbox in your inventory)

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

RuneCrafting is a skill that not many people are entranced by. It's a skill that takes a lot of time and effort to be effective. I think that this could vitalize the skill and will hopefully make it more fun. ::'

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

RuneCrafting is a skill that not many people are entranced by. It's a skill that takes a lot of time and effort to be effective. I think that this could vitalize the skill and will hopefully make it more fun. ::'

Agreed.

It doesn't speed up runecrafting, as you're spending 10 minutes to save a small amount of that in teleporting straight to and from the altars. What it will do is get more people interested in runecrafting, as it adds a bit more change to it.

I think what a lot of people who hate this update most hate about it is that they fear more people will be leveling runecrafting now, getting higher levels and removing the feeling of exclusivity they had when they were one of the few that were high leveled runecrafters.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Agreed.

It doesn't speed up runecrafting, as you're spending 10 minutes to save a small amount of that in teleporting straight to and from the altars. What it will do is get more people interested in runecrafting, as it adds a bit more change to it.

I think what a lot of people who hate this update most hate about it is that they fear more people will be leveling runecrafting now, getting higher levels and removing the feeling of exclusivity they had when they were one of the few that were high leveled runecrafters.

yup,but runecrafting is hard at all

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I think the best part so far is the level I got from getting the free exp from showing the talismans. Plus, I got the omni talisman.

Question: Since the law staff doesn't have combat stats, does the the omni staff have combat stats because it contains the law powers, or what?

Flyingjj.png

This seems useful enough I guess. Though I'll probably just use it for the tele tabs just for getting around. Can you make astral tabs? And why isnt the astral altar on the map of altars?

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

This seems useful enough I guess. Though I'll probably just use it for the tele tabs just for getting around. Can you make astral tabs? And why isnt the astral altar on the map of altars?

My guess would be that it isn't on there because it doesn't take a talisman to get into and that is supposedly how the map locates them.

Flyingjj.png

There isn't an Astral talisman so it doesn't show up, yet you can make Astral Tabs :D

I'm also now thinking of Blood Tabs being very useful for getting to the Mutated Bloodvelds for Slayer :)

Dark_Jab.png

This minigame would be good if teams werent so awfully one sided. I've played one game so far where the game was 'close' to even, the rest were ALL one sided, and one sided to yellow. I'm not sure why but why does everybody flock to yellow? Are they just going there for an easy win? those sort of people are what i hate about team-based minigames, those who go one team because it will give them an easy win.

This minigame needs a balancing-type mechanism like cw, not allowing you to join yellow if there aren't enough in green.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^