12 Aug 2008 - Runecrafting Guild and Game - For All Players!

namename

EDIT:

Here is the mathematics on how fast nature runecrafting is now, dont forget to watch!

Average trip speed is now 40 seconds!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 August 2008 - Runecrafting Guild and Game - For All Players!

Ever since a brave adventurer rediscovered Runecrafting, mages from the Wizards' Tower have been working hard to figure out its intricacies. In fact, so many have been drawn to Runecrafting's secrets that a guild has formed.

Not everything is rosy and happy in the guild. An argument has raged over the magical reaction that creates rune stones: are green or yellow orbs more important in the process? Agree to resolve their conflict and you'll find yourself in our newest minigame, The Great Orb Project!

The purpose of this team-based minigame is very simple: collect more coloured orbs than the opposing team. Watch out, though, as they will be pushing your orbs out of the way to stop you winning. This frenetic minigame offers few rules and a great alternative to conventional Runecrafting - all with a range of rewards, of course. Expect rune essence, Runecrafting XP and new magical equipment if you wipe the floor with your opponents.

The Runecrafting Guild also offers a number of features that are not tied to the minigame. The rune altar map helpfully shows the location of all altars; one mad wizard has learned how to repair abyssal pouches; and the head of the guild is working on a marvellous omni-talisman that combines the powers of all existing talismans into one.

Note that the guild is available to both free players and members - the Runecrafters want all the help they can get!

Summary

Where to find the Runecrafting Guild:

The guild can be accessed through a portal, upstairs in the Wizards' Tower.

Requirements to access the Runecrafting Guild and minigame:

Level 50 Runecrafting

Rune Mysteries

The guild is available on F2P, but some individual features are for members only

Access to:

A new guild

A fast-paced, team-vs-team Runecrafting minigame - The Great Orb Project

Various new items for runecrafters, including a new outfit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news...

Beyond the Runecrafting Guild, this update brings you a few small things that should make your lives easier...

Kazgar, Mistag and Dartog have been given right-click options so you can quickly ask them to guide you through the Lumbridge Swamp Caves. Elkoy, the guide from the Tree Gnome Village maze, has been given a similar option.

When you previously right-clicked on a chat message from another player, you were always offered the option to 'Add friend' and 'Add ignore'. If that player was already on your Friends list, those options weren't very useful, so we've replaced them with a new 'Message' option. This is identical to what would happen if you clicked on your friend in your Friends List. (This is not available on Quick Chat-only worlds.)

Tai Bwo Wannai village welcomes its newest arrival, Imiago. If you've completed Jungle Potion, he'll be willing to protect your calquat trees from disease in exchange for eight poison ivy berries.

The gardeners who protect bush patches have always demanded payment to look after poison ivy bushes. It's been pointed out on the Forums that poison ivy bushes never get diseased anyway, so the gardeners no longer offer to look after them.

We've also fixed the following bugs:

Treasure Trail sliding puzzle boxes were getting stuck, making them impossible to complete.

The roof of the Grand Exchange was failing to disappear correctly when you stood underneath it. Similar bugs were affecting the front of Varrock Palace and bits of the Warriors Guild.

The Amulet of Catspeak was incorrectly positioned on female characters.

The Amulet of Fury was not rendering correctly with the Bandos chestplate on male characters.

If you wore a blue snelm, your chathead was appearing yellow.

The 3D models for skillcapes were using too many polygons, resulting in bizarre graphical glitches. They have now been remodelled to resolve this problem; their appearance is largely unchanged, but you may notice some slight changes.

Mud pies were positioned incorrectly when you wielded them.

Flared trousers were rendering incorrectly with most boots.

The 'fine shirt' base kit had a glitch affecting the neck area on male characters.

The mind tiara was missing part of its model.

Baba Yaga's hair was clipping through her hat.

The progress hats from the Mage Training Arena were not rendering correctly with players' hair.

Radimus Erkle, master of the Legends' Guild, had a rendering problem with his cape.

The obsidian cape was rendering incorrectly with certain tops.

Bogrog was checking for the wrong Summoning level when players tried to exchange praying mantis pouches for shards.

Trimmed chaps and Wilderness capes were rendering incorrectly on female characters.

The mime mask and zombie mask items were displaying incorrectly during dialogue.

Players could walk through a rope barrier in the Varrock Museum.

Discuss.

record.jpeg

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see this new update! Now RCing will become a much funnier skill to train for everyone! And my RC level is 50 exactly :P

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Intrested by these teleports...

But TBH compared to the massive cash maker it use to be rc is just imo not worth it...

I miss the days of ess for 25 - 30ish per and selling nats @ 400 per easily.

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

So now that we can pay to have our calquats watched, doesn't this make amulets of nature useless?

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Looks quite good, but the low requirement is kinda dissapointing :-#

I suppose 91 runecrafting could then make a better requirement. Just kidding.

What really disappointed me was that after so long (years) they have FINALLY added to payable option to calquat, crippling a critical use of the nature amulet (use it on vine/last herb visited instead), but at the same time it is awesome beyond description.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Just reading the guide and it says that you can now make teletabs which tele you to the rune altars around runescape. This could mean a price drop in runes due to easy runecrafting now (Basically break tab to rune altar glory edge tele to bank and repeat).

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Looks quite good, but the low requirement is kinda dissapointing :-#

I suppose 91 runecrafting could then make a better requirement. Just kidding.

What really disappointed me was that after so long (years) they have FINALLY added to payable option to calquat, crippling a critical use of the nature amulet (use it on vine/last herb visited instead), but at the same time it is awesome beyond description.

Guess poison ivy's will shoot up :-#.

Also, one if the rewards is teleport-to-altar tabs ::'. Hope they don't require a mad amount of tokens. Guess they will. They wont nerf runecrafting like this.

2dvjurb.png

Guest Cosinus

At last, they fixed the frikkin' sliding puzzle... I've been in quite a rage due to those puzzle this and last week! :x

Other then that the only intresting thing was the Omni-talisman, since you need to play the minigame in order to get the tablets.

This is a good update, Jagex have seriously thought this through, runecrafting is made funner, given interesting and beneficial rewards that help make raising it that little bit easier, but not making it in a way that makes it too easy.

Level 50 requirement, easy for any member to obtain if they dedicate themselves, and a monstrous level for f2pers to achieve, I don't see very many using it.

Dark_Jab.png

So now that we can pay to have our calquats watched, doesn't this make amulets of nature useless?

Nah I don't really think so, I find Amulet of Nature really useful wen I know I'm gonna be on for a couple of hours skilling sumwhere else...

I jus use on first herb patch of run then keep on checking Ammy every so often to see when its ready. Saves me going when I think its ready and finding it not ready, very annoying!...

Avid43.png

OK - about this Elriss character...

Isn't a female wizard a "witch"?

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Blech, trying to get an Omni Talisman but it's impossible to buy Death Talismans (even at max in trade) and I'm seriously not going to waste my time trying to do Mournings End Pt 2 at lvl 57 Agility. Can't even offer to buy one off someone and then sell it back as soon as I've shown it to the Wizard as nobody seems to want to part with one.

As for those tablets, they are priced at between 30 and 45 tokens each, and considering those Runecrafting staffs cost 10000 I'd guess it won't be that hard to get 45 tokens (maybe 50-100 per game?)

blazesigbq9.jpg

I'm already pretty bored out of this minigame, it might be worth if with a good team, that actually uses the right wands and blocks strategic points, but whatever...

EDIT: Oh, atm it's even too 'busy' to join the minigame, according to the wizards.

Lame.