Bounty Hunter - Huge Mistake On Behalf Of Jagex?

sirgudi

Hi,

this is NOT just another rant, this is to be discussed, not just dismissed as me wanting PKing back.

So Jagex removed PKing due to RWTing, something that was a massive problem. They removed the old PKing, and replaced it with Bounty Hunter. RWTing dropped for about 3 weeks, during which RWTers found hundreds of other ways to bypass the trade limit and Bounty Hunter rules. Now RWTing is back to the level it was at when PKing was around.

So what are your thoughts? Was Bounty Hunter just a waste of Jagex's time, perhaps there were other solutions?

EDIT:

One gold seller alone (no names mentioned) has sold another 2 billion GP since the release of Bounty Hunter.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call Bounty Hunter a waste of time, but the hardcore pkers will never be happy with any replacement Jagex could give while still making it as hard as possible for real world traders to exploit it. I've seen a lot of ideas that are, theoretically, much better than the mini game plan jagex has, but would never work realistically.

I take solace knowing that there won't be any more anti-rwt updates, assuming Jagex doesn't change their stance on this in the future.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

RWT might still be around, but it's not nearly as rampant as it was before.

Agreed. I think Jagex did a good job with removing RWT. I dont think it was a mistake, just more of a thing that needed to be done. Thats my opinion though.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Agreed. I think Jagex did a good job with removing RWT. I dont think it was a mistake, just more of a thing that needed to be done. Thats my opinion though.

But that is not true, at all. As said in my first post, ONE RWTer has sold 2 billion RSGP alone, thats one of them.

People refuse to see that RWT is back because there are no tan-top-green-trouser bots annihilating F2P yew trees anymore, or hogging shark spots. If the problem is nearly as big as you say it is, then Jagex have angered all the old PKers and taken away a large chunk of the game for nothing.

But that is not true, at all. As said in my first post, ONE RWTer has sold 2 billion RSGP alone, thats one of them.

I think Jagex was only telling a half truth when they did the December updates. I don't think the updates were meant to stomp out RWT completely, just get rid of the gold farmers using stolen credit cards to sign up for hundreds of mule p2p accounts (flax pickers, yew loggers, green dragon autos, etc) and get the banks off their back.

I've only seen two times that Gold Farming has left a game. Once, because the draconian laws put in place by the developers drove off all the players and 2, because items and money in the game are so inherently easy to find (Except for end-game armor) that nobody would consider buying it online. That second game was Tabula Rasa.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Enlighten me on these 'hundreds of ways to transfer'

And, Id like to see some proof of this single gold seller.

Sounds like your pulling a lot of stuff out of your [wagon]. PM me if you have to, but,

No pics, no proof.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

banner20mmj2.png

he had sold 14 bill about 3 months before the update, and 18 bill about 2 weeks after the update. Now hes at 21 bill...

If you want proof of how many gold traders there are, do some research, use google and just search runescape gold or sumthin. I'm not advertising it, but everyone wants proof so there it is...

Ways to trade are just various items, trading accounts etc..

Jagex has pretty much gotten rid of GOLD FARMERS who would steal credit cards for membership, Etc etc.

But Jagex hasn't gotten rid of people who just want to sell gp that they make.

rwt is here to stay cry a river build a bridge and get over it!

ur so clever omg

SKIMMYSTROWN AND BETTER THAN YOU.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=703695

I think Jagex made a mistake with Trade limit and Wilderness. They were something i can say:

Made the game the best of the best.

BH:

I tried it, and with maxed mele, best gear and stuff in f2p....

After 2 hours:

I lost 200K+ worth of runes, food, and so on=of supplies (No death)...

So the thing is...BH dont work.

And i am sure big Clans can go together in BH, and do transfers and if someone who is outsider tries to steal....

The clan will gang up on him...Quite simple.<

Enlighten me on these 'hundreds of ways to transfer'

And, Id like to see some proof of this single gold seller.

Sounds like your pulling a lot of stuff out of your [wagon]. PM me if you have to, but,

No pics, no proof.

Nothing, is imposible..

Bots and autoers have definitely decreased since the updates but yes, RWT is still very possible. I know people who have used BH to do it and not been banned (Not RWT but drop trading and such).

=/ It is a little disappointing that the changes didn't get rid of it totally but what are you going to do?

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Okay so Bounty Hunter may not be perfect in trying to stop RWT, but it does get most of the job done. RWT'ers will always find a way to transfer gold no matter how hard Jagex tries, so they best they can do is to heavily discourage it, ie Bounty Hunter since its very dangerous.

Also you have to take into consideration that they had to try and make BH somewhat appealing to players. If they closed the door completely on RWT by taking out the loot you get from killing someone in BH, then who would play it?

In the end, the BH we have right now is, imo, the closest thing there is to a win-win situation between getting rid of RWT and keeping players happy.

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]

Okay so Bounty Hunter may not be perfect in trying to stop RWT, but it does get most of the job done. RWT'ers will always find a way to transfer gold no matter how hard Jagex tries, so they best they can do is to heavily discourage it, ie Bounty Hunter since its very dangerous.

Also you have to take into consideration that they had to try and make BH somewhat appealing to players. If they closed the door completely on RWT by taking out the loot you get from killing someone in BH, then who would play it?

In the end, the BH we have right now is, imo, the closest thing there is to a win-win situation between getting rid of RWT and keeping players happy.

BH is not appealing at all in 1 vs 1...

Bounty Hunter since its very dangerous.

Bounty Hunter in F2P is less dangerous than the Stronghold of Security. If you have full rune and food, you are basically invinsible, you can leave when you are nearly dead easily...

Bounty Hunter since its very dangerous.

Bounty Hunter in F2P is less dangerous than the Stronghold of Security. If you have full rune and food, you are basically invinsible, you can leave when you are nearly dead easily...

Prayer too!!!

Ya, all you do is transfer using TT items or easter eggs. It really isn't hard at all.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

If there are enough people surrounding the person in a single-combat area, the target can't be reached if the protectors do their job and attack anyone who might try to get the guy in the full Zammy (for example). If it was a multi area, then we are back at the crappy BH dominated even more by clans, where even RWT would be possible with a clan ganging up on anyone who might want that Zammy. Bounty Hunter was a huge mistake indeed and unlike what you say, it didn't get much of the job done at all. The only reason it's better than the old wildy in this regard is that there are more dangers in the whole area - dangers as in a couple of players who will give up after seeing they'll be attacked by several RWTing bastards. I'm sorry, but RWT just can't be stopped in the way Jagex thinks - and at this point we might just as well care about what the players want and bring back the old wildy, or at least something like that with free PKing, single and multi areas and none of this bounty/rogue idiocy maybe restricted to a smaller area.

Or Jagex could hire more idiots to monitor suspicious activity.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

banner20mmj2.png

he had sold 14 bill about 3 months before the update, and 18 bill about 2 weeks after the update. Now hes at 21 bill...

If you want proof of how many gold traders there are, do some research, use google and just search runescape gold or sumthin. I'm not advertising it, but everyone wants proof so there it is...

:shock: how he get all of that!

either that or hes lieing :-# :wall:

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

banner20mmj2.png

:shock: how he get all of that!

either that or hes lieing :-# :wall:

1. Is the site malware-free? Just curious :pray:

2. If he was popular before, it's not that hard, I suppose. With RWT reduced slightly he probably got even better traffic.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Well it was never going to stop RWT full stop. But it got rid of most of the gold farmers and along with it vast majority of RWT.

Sure its still possible i myself know 2 ways for transferring cash/items. But its too much hastle for the ave gold farmer.

The main point is that if people stopped wasting their cash on it, (like its hard to get a few mill nowadays) the problem would be solved. :lol:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

This *is* a rant about the changes to wildy and PKing, plus it's an attempt to justify going back to that old system. If it was an honest discussion on the part of the original poster, there would be even the slightest chance to change his/her mind about it. I frankly don't see that happening. If they haven't changed their mind during the several hundred threads on this subject, they are not going to do it now.

It doesn't matter, though. No matter how many "discussion" there is about the changes, no matter how many signatures, Jagex will not go back to that system. Using the excuse that RWT is still going on will fail, and fail miserably. People have already posted about the main reasons for the changes - credit card fraud in conjunction with gold farmers. The gold farmers are nearly gone, and I wager the credit card fraud has gone down enough that Jagex is no longer being threatened by the banks.

PKing in the wildy made it far too easy to mass-farm gold - have the drones do their things, bring them in the wildy, kill them off in a corner, done deal. BH may still allow RWT, but it's still much easier to oversee that it is more difficult to RWT. It's made gold-farming/selling just unprofitable enough to keep most of the RWT out. Is there still some? Yes. Is there enough to force Jagex to change? Not now.

And if there was, the last thing they would be doing is going back to the old system!

The hardest part for people to understand, or possibly, simply to accept, is that Jagex as a business has no choice in this matter. They cannot go back to the old system for real life financial reasons. What's going to happen if BH or any other system becomes a major venue for RWT and resultant gold farming and fraud, then they will shut. it. down. No rollbacks to the old system. No old wildy back. It's not happening.

If you want to have a construction *discussion*, discuss ways to have PKing work without any hint of RWTing.

I think bounty hunter was a complete waste of time personally, it's nothing like the old wilderness was and it never will be. It's also done a crap job at stopping RWTers, so many people use bh to transfer money to mates/customers they might as well not bothered.

They can never stop RWTing and i don't see why they took it out, it was going on for years before they decided to try stop it so why did it only just start effecting them so much that it was going to destroy the game in a matter of months. Personally i think it was a load of bull :wall:

81147627af7.jpg

Thanks Hatebringer for the awesome siggeh :)

rank2runemonkey.png

^ I got bored ;)

My blog is win <3