Live Concerts

happy123

^Flobots are one of the better bands I've seen live

I saw La Roux the other night. I've never seen anyone so miserable, she must have smiled about five times in the eight - EIGHT! - songs she played. I don't mind bands having attitude sometimes but at least look like you might be enjoying yourself too, it seemed like she thought she was doing us a massive favour by putting in such a pathetic amount of effort. Plus she was rude to my friends afterwards. There was no interaction with the fans at all. The support band Magistrates were good though.

It proves slapping a big pile of [Cabbage] together can put backsides in seats.

Dont get me wrong there ARE a lot of talented acts like her out there. But if they don't want to bother with fans then they should just give up. Its the fans that stop the label from dropping you. Not that sheet of paper you signed.

Yeah I know, she needs to realise that. If she'd've been slightly less arrogant I might have been tempted to go see her again with some friends. Now we're making a point of not seeing her. I hate wasting my money on people like that lol.

I just hope NME get bored of her soon :lol:

When people have the sense to realise that the sex appeal they think she has .. Goes .. Then they will. Probably a lot of people who thinks she has "sex appeal"

I think I get to go to Summer Slaughter. :D

Ensiferum, Blackguard, Necrophagist, Suffocation, and lots more.

10 bands total I think.

Oh, I guess not. -.-

What the [bleep] my mom just came into my room and game me some 20 minute speech about suicide and the lyrics of some death metal. :wall:

Seriously, its just [bleep]ing music.

Why doesn't she give my brother a speech about [cabbage] rappers talk about.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I think I get to go to Summer Slaughter. :D

Ensiferum, Blackguard, Necrophagist, Suffocation, and lots more.

10 bands total I think.

Oh, I guess not. -.-

What the [bleep] my mom just came into my room and game me some 20 minute speech about suicide and the lyrics of some death metal. :wall:

Seriously, its just [bleep] music.

Why doesn't she give my brother a speech about [cabbage] rappers talk about.

No offence to fans of Death metal but Ive always found it hard to hear what they are saying half the time without having headphones on. A rapper I can hear CLEARLY word to word.

What the hell does that have to do with anything I mentioned?

Edit: Oh God, another lecture on Satanic Cults. :wall:

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

My parents have never lectured me on any music I listen to; not even my J-pop and other Japanese music. It always bewilders me as to why parents do this, to be honest. I'm a composer also; and if my parents started lecturing me on my tastes in music, I would simply remind them that I like to draw influence from lots of different styles of music.

As for live concerts: Absolutely nothing I'm interested in here. I have no money to travel, so I'm stuck with whomever is playing at the local university.

On the topic of bands interacting with their fans, I love when they're really exceptional about that. I went to a show a bit ago with a friend, and the band gave us backstage passes for little reason, which was a amazing.

The funniest crowd interaction bit I've seen though was at a buckethead concert, he started throwing star wars toys and other stuff into the audience from a basket he had.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Yeah I know, she needs to realise that. If she'd've been slightly less arrogant I might have been tempted to go see her again with some friends. Now we're making a point of not seeing her. I hate wasting my money on people like that lol.

I wonder what it is that makes people go crazy about acts like La Roux, Little Boots and stuff like that. Their music doesn't sound really unique to me, but for some reason the magazines are wild about them.

Fleet Foxes tonight. Yay.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I wonder what it is that makes people go crazy about acts like La Roux, Little Boots and stuff like that. Their music doesn't sound really unique to me, but for some reason the magazines are wild about them.

I can't get into Little Boots but La Roux is pretty catchy. And have fun at Fleet Foxes!

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Wow, I had the chance to see The Fall of Troy and Black Houses, two bands I love on a date I can actually go to.

But of course its 21+

I got [bleep]ed out of seeing these bands together 3 [bleep]ing times.

-.-

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I now realize that their music is very boring. For a live setting at least. We didn't stay for the encore. I think the rest of the people had a very good time, I wondered why.

The highlight of the concert was their lead man telling the crowd "Shhh! Shhh! There's serious music going on here!" when he was going to do a solo performance and the (very annoying crowd) was Shhh'ing.

21o4pav.jpg

The highlight of the concert was their lead man telling the crowd "Shhh! Shhh! There's serious music going on here!" when he was going to do a solo performance and the (very annoying crowd) was Shhh'ing.
I think I would've just cracked up laughing if I ever heard that at a concert, to be honest.

I think I would've just cracked up laughing if I ever heard that at a concert, to be honest.

He meant it as a joke, of course. :P

21o4pav.jpg

I'm going to see Coldplay in a week, but my dad wants my brother to play in a baseball tournament, so he will buy me a laptop if we don't go. Its a very hard decision :? Coldplay, or a Mac....

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

I'm going to see Coldplay in a week, but my dad wants my brother to play in a baseball tournament, so he will buy me a laptop if we don't go. Its a very hard decision :? Coldplay, or a Mac....

Mac.

Mac.

Not a mac, but I agree, take the laptop.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Okay, so I have a bit of time before I go out tonight to tell you about the music I saw last weekend.

Saturday: First guy we saw was Seasick Steve, I've watched a lot of his videos live (he definitely works better live than on record) and he didn't disappoint. The inclusion of a drummer just to give his songs a thumping bass really works and thickens the sound up a bit. It's a shame he couldn't play a little longer because his storytelling is superb but he played some great music and was on good form. Ben Harper and Relentless7 played after him, I like their album and they played well but I can't say much more. Ben Harper isn't a particularly charismatic frontman but the music picked up towards the end. It then poured it down for about half an hour but it was nice to cool down a bit then the Fleet Foxes came on. Daan I have to disagree, I thought they played a very tight set when I saw them. Your Protector was simply stunning, and when Robin Pecknold did a couple of solo acoustic numbers he really seemed to lose himself in the music which was great to watch. I'd definitely go see them again.

Then, Neil Young. God he was good, I mean really, really good. I always considered The White Stripes to be the best live act I've ever seen and I thought they'd take a lot of beating but I think he did it. The combination of utterly brutal guitars in songs like Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) and walls of distortion versus acoustic songs like Heart of Gold (on which the harmonica was just inspiring) was incredible. He rocked as hard as anyone I've ever seen but just showed glimmers of that completely fragile and tender youth. He closed with Rockin' In The Free World which was pretty epic, but then came back on for the encore with A Day In The Life. At about the middle 8 some random guy walked on who we thought was just an eager fan but it turned out to be Paul McCartney. Yeah, pretty special.

Sunday: Barely made it in time to see The Gaslight Anthem but we did. They were great, their lead singer is very charismatic and definitely got the crowd going. Springsteen is one of their heroes and he came on to sing The '59 Sound with them which was pretty cool of him. James Morrison played next but I wandered off to find my girlfriend and her brother near the entrance so missed the first half of his set. My the time we'd battled our way back to where my friend was at the front he didn't have much left. His music's pretty middle of the road but I thought he put a good show on live. Dave Matthews Band played next, I'd been meaning to listen to their stuff since I knew they were played but didn't get round to it so it was all new to me. I thought they were fantastic, they have some very talented musicians and worked well together live. I'll definitely be checking out more of them.

Finally, and slightly late, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. Whatever your opinions of the man's music you can't deny that he's a force of nature live. He opened with a cover of London Calling, which was appropriate then launched into Badlands and the rest of the three hour set. More than anyone else I've seen live he has an incredible desire to reach out to every single person in the audience and get them swaying, dancing or singing. His music and sound work so well live, in terms of albums I prefer stripped down Nebraska to the pomp of Burn To Run but I was unashamedly singing my heart out to the latter. If you ever get chance to see him just do it, he doesn't disappoint. There were so many special moments in that gig, Racing In The Streets, Bobby Jean (both requests from the crowd taken on large pieces of card) Jungeland, Dancing In The Dark... I could go on.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Does anyone know if Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, or Black Dhalia Murder are any good live.

There is a show with all of them and God Forbid (Already seen them once, pretty awesome)

and Im not sure if I should go because I dont really like BDM or Behemoth so much.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Sounds you had a great weekend, Assassin! Glad you enjoyed Fleet Foxes. :) You didn't see Nick Cave (I assume you were at glastonbury)?

21o4pav.jpg

Sounds you had a great weekend, Assassin! Glad you enjoyed Fleet Foxes. :) You didn't see Nick Cave (I assume you were at glastonbury)?

Nah I was at Hard Rock Calling in Hyde Park for the Saturday and Sunday (Killers were headlining Friday). Apparently quite a similar line up to Glasto though, we just got to stay in a posh hotel in the evening instead of a tent. :P

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Posh hotel, nice. :thumbup:

Programme for North Sea Jazz tomorrow:

16.00-17.15 John Zorn Filmworks

20.0021.15 Otomo Yoshihides New Jazz Ensemble

21.15-22.00 Anthony Braxton Diamond Curtain Wall Trio with Mary Halvorson and Taylor [garden tool] Bynum

22.00-23.15 John Zorn Cobra

21o4pav.jpg

Possibly seeing Mumford & Sons tonight, with Temper Trap and Stephen Fry. Part of the iTunes Festival in London.

How two bands I've never heard of managed to get above somebody so famous on the bill is beyond me.

If I do go it's only to see Stephen Fry before leaving to go get a Nando's :D

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Big weekend of live music here with "T in the park". Couldn't get a ticket however. :thumbdown:

Quite a few bands/artists i'd loved to have seen this year.

Here's the lineup.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Big weekend of live music here with "T in the park". Couldn't get a ticket however. :thumbdown:

Quite a few bands/artists i'd loved to have seen this year.

Here's the lineup.

Jesus christ that Radio I NME stage looks spectacular.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."