Live Concerts

happy123

Marissa Nadler was brilliant yesterday. Great dream pop, the place she played in was great as well. It was in a room at the botanique in brussels, about 300 people or something, very intimate. :thumbup:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• 2 weeks later...
Seeing The Classic Crime tonight, along with two other local bands who are opening. Friend likes them so I decided I may as well go with him. :P

They were very good. :thumbup: I only recognized one song by them, but even so it was enjoyable. Plus the club was really small, probably like only 35 other people or so were at the front. Got autographs and a shirt and stuff too.

I've been to plenty. THe most recent one was Pointfest which is a radio station concert that they hold twice a year. The bands there were Chevelle, The Offspring, Taking Back Sunday, The Used, Sick Puppies, Anberlin, Blue October, and more. The bands weren't as good as other times, but it was still a good time.

I saw the Ting Tings too not too long ago. It was actually at a small gig with only about 500 people. They were okay.

smallsigr.jpg

Saw Roken is Dodelijk from France and Yuko from Belgium last saturday, wasn't too impressed by them. Yuko had a good drummer but their music was mostly boring, and they use of the weird instruments was so cliché. The cute girl was using a coffee grinder, how creative...Roken is Dodelijk was better, but they couldn't really grab my attention. Next concert will be St. Vincent on the 4th of July.

21o4pav.jpg

I was just watching a U2 DVD and i was sweet.

Have you been to any live Concerts?

What did you think of it?

Me, probable over 100.

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

I saw gogol bordello live the other week. Honestly, without a doubt the best concert I've ever been to. Highly recommend going to one of his concerts if you get the chance.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Yes! I've got a ticket for the sunday of the North Sea Jazz festival. There are two John Zorn preformances that day, first one is the Filmworks concert, second one is the Cobra set. Incredible!

Oh, and a friend also managed to get tickets for the sold out Fleet Foxes concert next week. :)

21o4pav.jpg

So, the final list of who I'm looking forward to seeing this weekend in Hyde Park is... Seasick Steve, Ben Harper and Relentless7, Fleet Foxes and Neil Young on Saturday. And Low Anthem, The Gaslight Anthem, Dave Matthews and Bruce Springsteen on Sunday. :thumbup:

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

That's a pretty sweet list, Assassin. Love to see Springsteen live someday. And Neil Young of course. How long will he play this time? Normally he always fills up a couple of hours, right?

21o4pav.jpg

Kinda bummed I missed seeing Seasick Steve and Neil Young a few weeks ago at the 'Where The Action Is' festival. Also playing that day: Pixies, The Pretenders and some other bands. Fractured my toe a few days before and it was pissing down that day, oh well. :(

2009rb9.jpg

Kinda bummed I missed seeing Seasick Steve and Neil Young a few weeks ago at the 'Where The Action Is' festival. Also playing that day: Pixies, The Pretenders and some other bands.

The Pixies on tour again :o why dont they come here :wall: Saw the Breeders last summer,it was great, but i think most of the people in the crowd,like me, treated as substitue for the real thing.

Gonna go see Faith No More ,at least i might have a chance to make up for the (terrible) mistake of not seeing them in their last visit here.

"its a middle life crisssesss.."

[bleep] yeahhh

Edgefest on saturday... saw The Stills, The Arkells, K-OS, Metric, Alexisonfire, AFI, and Billy Talent.

Then today Alexisonfire played a free secret show in my (their) hometown, which was probably the most intense show ever. 300-400 of the most hardcore Alexis fans (we had been camping out outside the club for 8 hours) packed into a tiny club... brutal - and awesome. I was literally drenched in sweat at the end.

2 Alexisonfire shows in 4 days!!@!@

Actually, a few posts ago I said the gogol bordello concert was the best I'd ever seen, I was wrong, it was the second best. The best was the rage against the machine/flobots concert at the dnc.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Actually, a few posts ago I said the gogol bordello concert was the best I'd ever seen, I was wrong, it was the second best. The best was the rage against the machine/flobots concert at the dnc.

I hate you.

[bleep] the flobots though.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Alpine Valley was the best Rage show. I even saw them at the RNC as well.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I hate you.

[bleep] the flobots though.

I've seen the flobots twice. They were good both times, I like them. They weren't as good at the dnc one though.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

^Flobots are one of the better bands I've seen live

I saw La Roux the other night. I've never seen anyone so miserable, she must have smiled about five times in the eight - EIGHT! - songs she played. I don't mind bands having attitude sometimes but at least look like you might be enjoying yourself too, it seemed like she thought she was doing us a massive favour by putting in such a pathetic amount of effort. Plus she was rude to my friends afterwards. There was no interaction with the fans at all. The support band Magistrates were good though.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

I saw La Roux the other night. I've never seen anyone so miserable, she must have smiled about five times in the eight - EIGHT! - songs she played. I don't mind bands having attitude sometimes but at least look like you might be enjoying yourself too, it seemed like she thought she was doing us a massive favour by putting in such a pathetic amount of effort. Plus she was rude to my friends afterwards. There was no interaction with the fans at all. The support band Magistrates were good though.

It proves slapping a big pile of [Cabbage] together can put backsides in seats.

Dont get me wrong there ARE a lot of talented acts like her out there. But if they don't want to bother with fans then they should just give up. Its the fans that stop the label from dropping you. Not that sheet of paper you signed.

It proves slapping a big pile of [Cabbage] together can put backsides in seats.

Dont get me wrong there ARE a lot of talented acts like her out there. But if they don't want to bother with fans then they should just give up. Its the fans that stop the label from dropping you. Not that sheet of paper you signed.

Yeah I know, she needs to realise that. If she'd've been slightly less arrogant I might have been tempted to go see her again with some friends. Now we're making a point of not seeing her. I hate wasting my money on people like that lol.

I just hope NME get bored of her soon :lol:

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13