Runescape Tools v1.4 [UPDATED! Timer, Counter]

ArtCrazy

Runescape Tools v1.3

About:

No, this isn't any macro or any cheat, so if you came looking for something like that, shame on you!

Anyhow, this is a Greasemonkey userscript that adds an HTML Links, H-S (High-Scores), GE (Grand Exchange), Notes, Calc, Timer and Counter button to the top-left corner of the Runescape applet and removes the Jagex Bar (that one with the Home link and the search bar). It also warns you when you leave the Runescape page if that really is your intention (in order to avoid accidentally clickings). It is best used with the Resizable feature activated as it gives a bigger area to play with. It does NOT remove the ads as that is against the rules. It just removes the Jagex bar, and the rules do not forbid doing that. It also does NOT change the Runescape applet in any way, it only changes the page it is in, placing a button on top of the applet, not within the applet. It follows the rules completely.

When clicked, the Tools button opens a list of useful links and the Highscores button lets you check the Highscores without leaving the tab runescape is running in. To customize the list with custom links a basic HTML knowledge is needed and basic Javascript knowledge helps.

You can also configure the buttons by choosing the order theyre shown and hidding any button you dont want to be displayed.

Greasemonkey:

If you don't know what Greasemonkey is, it's an add-on for Firefox (sorry IE users, switch over or you can't use this) that can inject Javascript (not Java) into a page to change the way it looks. Get it https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748.

Tested on Windows XP with Firefox 3.0.1 and Greasemonkey 0.8.2

Screenshots:

[hide=Small Images]links.jpg

highs.jpg

ge.jpg

notes.jpg

calc.jpg

timer.jpg

counter.jpg

btnConfig.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Fullscreen Image (big size!)]p2pclosed.jpg[/hide]

Changelog (version 1.3 to 1.4):

- Added Timer Button (can time down and up)

- Added Counter Button

- Removed all User Script Commands that toggled buttons and added a Configure Buttons command instead that also lets you select the order the buttons are shown

- Improved a lot of code

Installation:

After installing Greasemonkey (link above), click this link and accept the installation when it asks you if you want to install. If you do not trust the script and have some javascript knowledge, click "Show Script Source". It is completely open sourced (all greasemonkey scripts are), so you can examine the code and even edit it.

Optional Configuration:

On Windows XP go to "C:/Documents & Settings/[YOUR USERNAME HERE]/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/[Weird folder name].default/gm_scripts/runescape_tools" and open the file runescape_tools_1_4.user.js with a text editor.

If you're not on Windows XP I don't know where the file will be saved, if someone could find out and tell me I'd appreciate it.

You'll find something resembling this inside:

[hide=Code]

//PREFERENCES (CHANGE THESE)

//HTML to display inside the Tools List (no line breaks!)

var linkslisthtml = 'Grand Exchange
' +

'Knowledge Base
' +

'
' +

'Tip.it:
' +

'Forums
' +

'Skill Guides
' +

'Quest Guides
' +

'Minigame Guides
' +

'Skill Calculators
' +

'Skill Planners
' +

'Special Calculators
' +

'Fairy Ring List (interactive)
' +

'
' +

'RuneHQ:
' +

'Skill Guides
' +

'Quest Guides
' +

'Minigame Guides
' +

'Skill Calculators
';

//Height of Tools List (pixels)

var linkslistheight = 290;

//Width of Tools List (pixels)

var linkslistwidth = 160;

[/hide]

Edit those values to your preference. The linkslisthtml has the HTML that will be placed inside the Links List and needs to be in HTML format. Remember this is javascript so keep everything in one line or use the following format:

'line1
' +

'line2
' +

'etc...
' +

'last line';

There are also a few User Script Commands that let you change the aspect of the script right from your browser!

Load up runescape and then click the monkey and "User Script Commands" like shown in the image below.

usercommands.jpg

Older Versions:

- Added the Notes Button, where you can type text and itll be saved even if you close Firefox or exit the page

- Added the Calc Button, with a simple calculator (+, -, / and *)

- Added Toggles for the GE Button and both new buttons

- Improved some code

- Added the Grand Exchange button

- Added Warn on Exit function to avoid accidentally going back or refreshing the page

- The bug where the game doesnt load shouldnt happen anymore

- Added User Script Commands

- Improved some code

- Changed the name of the Tools button to Links

- Added Highscores Button

- First Release

Official Page:

http://www.rppinheiro.com/runescape/runescape-tools

NOTE: It was a complete coincidence that I released this script almost at the same time as Errdoth, but it is pretty much different and I didn't steal his idea. If you want proof you should ask the admins when I sent them the PM asking if I could post this or not.

I'd appreciate you told me what you think, and if you don't like it, why not, but only constructive criticism please! (this means you should post why you dont like it, not simply post something like "it sucks." with no reason at all)

art_crazy.png

You're not support to advertise *anything* in this forum, whether it's RS-related or not.

There's a sticky in the Off-Topic forum for that kind of thing.

(looks nice though)

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

You're not support to advertise *anything* in this forum, whether it's RS-related or not.

There's a sticky in the Off-Topic forum for that kind of thing.

(looks nice though)

That's why I asked the admins:

Hi there,

We've all agreed that your plug-in is fine as it is something used with firefox and does not hamper the runescape game in any way. Go ahead and post about it in the general rs forum. Remember there are always users who act stupid, so if anyone says something stupid, just report it.

Thank you for offering to share such a neat plug in with us!

~Turtlefemm

on behalf of the administrative team

art_crazy.png

It looks pretty neat, but your timing is a bit bad I'm afraid..

We just published something like this: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=757034

I know... But I prefer mine anyways, as it simpler and actually goes ABOVE the applet, it also removes the jagex bar, so instead of making you have a smaller RS area, you actually have a bigger one. It's also pretty simpler, seeing it's smaller and less inobtrusive, and just links to insteresting pages instead of me having to go to tip.it and manually select calculators and stuff.

This looks great, good job. I'll install it when I get home.

Thanks, hope you like it :)

art_crazy.png

Sure, I made this when Errdoth's hadn't been released, and what I needed was a quick way to use the great tools in tip.it's site for example, or quick access to the GE page or the KB. I added the highscores because it can be useful in-game too. I removed the Jagex bar so I had a bigger play-area.

I did what I thought would be useful and still not obtrusive, for ME. Then I asked the admins for permission to SHARE this and learned Errdoth made another, but still posted it cos there might be people (like ME) that prefer this version. I do not feel insulted if you like Errdoth's more :) but I'm sure there will be people that will prefer this one, even if you do not.

The thing I completely hate about Errdoth's is how it actually even removes MORE of the screen area, other than that I know it rocks, but it's too complicated for what I wanted it to do, simply take me to the pages I use most when playing RS, nothing more.

As satin_snake said, this is simply an alternative, if you prefer this one use this one, if not use the other. Pretty simple.

art_crazy.png

The other one is great, but this has the GE on it or so I see.

Which is a taker for me. I'll at least try it out and let you know what I think. ;)

hopesolopatriot.jpg

How does it look when you have both installed?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Not bad, i wrote a similar script to add an irc java applet over the chat box and a few other things like hiscores ect, still use it sometimes.

And as for editing prefs why not just go..

Tools > Greasemonkey > Manage User Scripts.

Select the script from list and click edit, then find a text editor such as notepad[Caution: Executable File].

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Merciful, they'll probably overlap eachother or somestuff will not work right... Try it out, but it will probably not look good :P

Unfortuntly this script also hides the tipit added bar :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If you added something to look up GE functions than it would be perfect. But I still prefer it over Errdoth's just because its less intrusive.

There you go:

If you added something to look up GE functions than it would be perfect. But I still prefer it over Errdoth's just because its less intrusive.

You mean like check out the current min/market/max price for an item and how much it has dropped for example? That shouldn't be hard... I'll see if I have time to do it tomorrow.

art_crazy.png

You mean like check out the current min/market/max price for an item and how much it has dropped for example? That shouldn't be hard... I'll see if I have time to do it in the next days.

I posted a result source?

Yeah I noticed, thanks. Easier than manually parsing the page from GE :P

It's just a simple matter of adding a new button, and making it parse the results from that page into something readable.

Btw, it is easy if you know javascript and HTML. You just have to place an iframe underneath anything you place over the RS applet, else the applet will show above what you place.

art_crazy.png

I have already worked on it a bit, made it more user-friendly.

Changes:

- Warns on Exit if you really want to exit the page (accidentally clicking the refresh/back button happens too often here...)

- "Tools" button is now "Links" button

- I removed the unnecessary Highscore List size preference values.

- Now you can right-click the "monkey icon" and select "Userscript Commands" and that gives you a list of toggles. Currently have made:

Toggle Links Button

Toggle HS Button

Toggle Jagex Bar

Toggle Warn on Exit

These toggles also SAVE the preferences, as now I'm using GM_setValue and GM_getValue to store the preferences as "Userscript Cookies".

Planning on Making some more toggles or other changes...

As for the Grand Exchange, I'll code that tomorrow.

This version is still NOT released!

art_crazy.png

Just released v1.2! Get it at the main post!

Changelog (version 1.1 to 1.2):

- Added the Grand Exchange button

- Added "Warn on Exit" function to avoid accidentally going back or refreshing the page

- The bug where the game doesn't load shouldn't happen anymore (I've tried to reproduce it at least 20 times and it didn't happen)

- Added User Script Commands

- Improved some code

- Changed the name of the "Tools" button to "Links"

art_crazy.png