Best weapon...?

slaytanicc

Okay now before all of you say Rune Scimi is the best weapon in f2p, first considder the options...

On my journey to 99str i would like to use the weapon that would get me there in the least amount of time... At my current str lvl of 90 i hit 19with a scimi, 20with a rune long, 22with a b-axe and 23 with a 2h(not sure about war hammer)

i know using a 2h is the worste option as it is way to slow... a warhammer is more or less the same speed as a rune long and im sure ill be able to hit 20-21 with it. a b-axe is slightly slower than the war hammer and rune long but hitting 22 is atractive...

What would be the best weapon to use on my journey to 99str??

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

First Choice: Rune Scimy

Second Choice: Rune Scimy

Third Choice: Rune Scimy

That was just the enforce the fact that Scimy is the best weapon in f2p for training or other purposes. If you dont believe it, test it out and you will find out.

Rune scimmy... Unless if you hit like 4 more w/ a long than a scimmy it's not worth it, speed is very important. (Why a whip pwns)

Longsword isn't practical. It hit two higher. When he hits twenties that's like a ten percent increase. The speed is a 20-25 percent increase so every five hits you get twenty additional damage. (two) Also you get more consistent hits kills due to the law of averages.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

i'll say it depends on which monster you are training on...for a high level monster the rune baxe or long might prove to be better than the scim due to their greater accuracy (no point hitting very fast 0s) such monsters include lesser demons, cockroach soldier, ankous for example but if you are training on weaker stuff the scim does shine more...

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

i'll say it depends on which monster you are training on...for a high level monster the rune baxe or long might prove to be better than the scim due to their greater accuracy (no point hitting very fast 0s) such monsters include lesser demons, cockroach soldier, ankous for example but if you are training on weaker stuff the scim does shine more...

Yes i am thinking of going to ankou for a bit... witch do you suggest i use? b-axe or long?

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

with 85 attack, this isn't even a conversation, its a rune scim. I don't know why people still try to say that other weapons are better. Until a new f2p weapon comes out, the rune scim is and will be the best.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

A new F2P weapon would be soooo cool... actually now im hoping for something like that... something that would allow some1 with 95+ str to hit 30-40..

anyhow i guess ill just use my scimi then

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Rune Longsword. Hits higher than scimmy, and not much slower.

Longswords are definitely underpowered. Unless you have very high strength the difference between the two would be insignificant. It's not worth the roughly 15% speed bonus that the scimitar offers.

Rune scimitar is the best melee training weapon in F2P. Period.

Oh, and rune warhammer hits at the same speed as a battleaxe, not longsword.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Seems Davidium know what he's talking about... in the past few hours ive been testing 2 weapons, rune scimi and rune b-axe at ankous.... b-axe came out tops...did three trips with each weapon and on all 3 occasions the b-axe got me more kills(witch means more exp and more money).

Thanx :thumbsup:

Scimi is better for lower lvl monster like spiders tho...

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Seems Davidium know what he's talking about... in the past few hours ive been testing 2 weapons, rune scimi and rune b-axe at ankous.... b-axe came out tops...did three trips with each weapon and on all 3 occasions the b-axe got me more kills(witch means more exp and more money).

Your sample size is too small. It's been long proven that all weapons in F2p suck, besides the rune scimmy.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Your sample size is too small. It's been long proven that all weapons in F2p suck, besides the rune scimmy.

Sample size too small? well i doubt a scimi would catch up on 7kexp and 10k loot per trip, even if i went for 10trips each...the b-axe on the occasion was a clear winner and will reamin a winner at ankous untill i get 99str and 99atk... maybe even not then...

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Sample size too small? well i doubt a scimi would catch up on 7kexp and 10k loot per trip, even if i went for 10trips each...the b-axe on the occasion was a clear winner and will reamin a winner at ankous untill i get 99str and 99atk... maybe even not then...

How long was that 'trip'?

Go there for an hour, start the timer when you start killing and note the starting xp. After an hour of killing them (using strength pots, speeds it up), note your ending xp.

Do this for both the scimitar and the battleaxe, at least 2-3 times for each weapon.

2dvjurb.png

Math doesn't work out... Are you sure your aren't being biased. I have to admit b-axes look kewl. I did a test with bronze vs iron knives, and the first trial bronze came out on top :|

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

Math doesn't work out... Are you sure your aren't being biased. I have to admit b-axes look kewl. I did a test with bronze vs iron knives, and the first trial bronze came out on top :|

What the hell have Knives for ranging got to do with Scimi and B-axe for melee???

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png