Overlooked Training Spots

sirgudi

Hi,

i've noticed that there are only ever people using common training spots in guides and tutorials.

For example, people often say lesser demons or minotaurs for range training. But i find a lot of better spots which are empty. I used Soldiers in Yanille from 50 - 70 range and got it in no time, mainly because there was no one else there.

Do any of you guys have any of these spots to share?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than the hill giants near the grand tree, not really. I suppose the black knight place in taverly dungeon might count as one... :?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I find the Ogre Burial Grounds or whatever, with the Zogres and stuff to be good for higher level ranged training. The Zogres take extra damage from the ogre arrows, and while the bow is slow, at higher levels, it really pays out. Plus, the rewards from the coffins makes it even more worthwhile.

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

Dagannoths in the chaos tunnels for crimson charms. Their drop rate is close to dust devils. It always surprises me if people are killing them under the lighthouse.

Should i buy a cannon and cannon them to death for charms?

The reason people like killing the ones under the Lighthouse is the fact that they are a LOT weaker than the ones in ct. This provides a mindless, fast slayer task. While in waterbirth they hit hard and require food.

EDIT: And if the below is true the ct ones are even worse as you can't cannon them. Cannoning Dags under the lighthouse is one of, if not the best Slayer exp in the game. Only thing that beats them is Mutated Velds i think.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Dagannoths in the chaos tunnels for crimson charms. Their drop rate is close to dust devils. It always surprises me if people are killing them under the lighthouse.

dont think cannon is able to go down tunnels :(

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Cant bring a cannon to chaos tunnels.

If I ever stop training slayer and just train on a certain monster it will probably be abberent spectres.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

The reason people like killing the ones under the Lighthouse is the fact that they are a LOT weaker than the ones in waterbirth. This provides a mindless, fast slayer task. While in waterbirth they hit hard and require food.

Edit: post above beat me.. just. >_<

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

The reason people like killing the ones under the Lighthouse is the fact that they are a LOT weaker than the ones in waterbirth. This provides a mindless, fast slayer task. While in waterbirth they hit hard and require food.

Edit: post above beat me.. just. >_<

The chaos tunnel ones actually have very low defence, but a high max hit. Somewhere around 15. Their hide drops pay for the prayer pots used, and it's an afk'able task if you turn on auto retaliate. I think they're overlooked :thumbup:

2dvjurb.png

Cannon can be brought down into the Chaos Tunnels...if when you say Chaos Tunnels, you mean the lair going to the Dag Kings.

SeerS.png

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Cannon can be brought down into the Chaos Tunnels...if when you say Chaos Tunnels, you mean the lair going to the Dag Kings.

SeerS.png

wtf

smilie-1.gif

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

They wont become crowded. They will become less busy than other places, but still badass exp. Plus if this thread were to become popular, there may not be any real crowded training spots.

I thought they stopped you from bringing Canons down there...

they do lol hes just put in a random dunguen and said if this was the chaos tunnels then this would be a cannon down it

smilie-1.gif -.-

:lol:

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Haha, Read my text above the picture...

I miss-read earlier in the post. That is the Dagannoth Kings Tunnels, not the chaos tunnels.

Sorry for the confusion.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Other than the hill giants near the grand tree, not really. I suppose the black knight place in taverly dungeon might count as one... :?

I did alot of my range there, setting up a cannon just passed the entrance there are so many npc there that the experience gained was great for low levelled range.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Cant bring a cannon to chaos tunnels.

If I ever stop training slayer and just train on a certain monster it will probably be abberent spectres.

I completely agree. They have to be some of the best monsters to train on. I'm surprised that no one camps there.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I like the tortoises in the gnome stronghold. Theres only 2 but they respawn fast enough to never have to bank. They're also close to a bank.

I trained my tank there getting A LOT of range exp ph.