Third Age Market Opening?

TheAncient

Long time no post. I've been busy at college and with work; just finished orientation week :)

Anyway I noticed that 3rd age items have been going up recently -- all of them have had increases of 4.8% or more in the past week. Some items have even had 10% increases (most likely not a natural increase, i.e. set by Jagex). Either there's a huge coincidence that all of the 3rd age items had their GE update in the same week, or more likely, Jagex is starting to update 3rd age prices.

If Jagex starts to correct 3rd age prices, what could this mean for the party hat and 3rd age markets?

At what point do you think Jagex will stop correcting 3rd age prices (i.e. what do you think will be the market price for 3rd items?)

::'

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Great to see you again! :D

I think Jagex was hoping to see a natural way of this fixing itself. :lol: Like that would work. Overall I think it will be a good thing for the market as a whole as the higher end markets start freeing up the lower ones should level out a little more. :thumbsup:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

well, theres more then just merchants who also wants to get their hands on a 3rd age equipment. i justify this change and it should stay this way. no items should be kept away from any scapers.

Long time no post. I've been busy at college and with work; just finished orientation week :)

Anyway I noticed that 3rd age items have been going up recently -- all of them have had increases of 4.8% or more in the past week. Some items have even had 10% increases (most likely not a natural increase, i.e. set by Jagex). Either there's a huge coincidence that all of the 3rd age items had their GE update in the same week, or more likely, Jagex is starting to update 3rd age prices.

If Jagex starts to correct 3rd age prices, what could this mean for the party hat and 3rd age markets?

At what point do you think Jagex will stop correcting 3rd age prices (i.e. what do you think will be the market price for 3rd items?)

They can try to correct prices all they want. If they raise them by 10M, i (and the rest of the 3rd Age merchants) will simply start charging "Trade Price + 55M" for Items, instead of 55M now. They're not going to be able to stop it unless they seriously play around with the prices and/or introduce some new Armour. I say the market will become MORE EXCLUSIVE, due to the increased trade prices and the junk trades, on top of them. The Market Price will go up and up, and the Street Price will follow suit.

Party Hats will come down in price sooner or later. I personally find it surprising that Jagex would loosen up the 3rd Age market and not the Party Hat one. I HIGHLY believe that there's some British bomb in the Jagex headquarters that will upset this inbalance soon, because i doubt they wanted junk trading, 3rd Age overpricing, and Party Hat underpricing to be where they are today.

Our_Moon.png

They can try to correct prices all they want. If they raise them by 10M, i (and the rest of the 3rd Age merchants) will simply start charging "Trade Price + 55M" for Items, instead of 55M now. They're not going to be able to stop it unless they seriously play around with the prices and/or introduce some new Armour. I say the market will become MORE EXCLUSIVE, due to the increased trade prices and the junk trades, on top of them. The Market Price will go up and up, and the Street Price will follow suit.

Party Hats will come down in price sooner or later. I personally find it surprising that Jagex would loosen up the 3rd Age market and not the Party Hat one. I HIGHLY believe that there's some British bomb in the Jagex headquarters that will upset this inbalance soon, because i doubt they wanted junk trading, 3rd Age overpricing, and Party Hat underpricing to be where they are today.

You can't manipulate 3rd age prices THAT much. I'm definitely letting go of my 3rd melee when plate/legs actually hit 200, if they ever do.

There's a limit to how much you can stretch demand. It's already really low.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

You can't manipulate 3rd age prices THAT much. I'm definitely letting go of my 3rd melee when plate/legs actually hit 200, if they ever do.

There's a limit to how much you can stretch demand. It's already really low.

With the right people, yes you can ;). What do you predict the limit to be? I predict the before-mentioned "bomb" will be the only stopping of it.

Our_Moon.png

I think more items will suddenly become like animal masks and have an INVISIBLE value in the millions or even in the tens of millions - this happened to 3rd age, dfh, animal masks and some gilded armour.

I think it will become too much though, and people won't be able to keep up with it and jagex will have to change the way the trading system works yet again.

I wanted to have full 3a melee by the time I got 99 slayer, i've had 99 slayer for more than 5 months now and i'll never be able to get a piece because of the invisible price tag people put on them these days.. I mean 3a melee plate 300M? Are you kidding me? We're not bill gates.. and 300M, if that, should be for the WHOLE set. It's gone too far.. #-o

2vuhgcn.png

it might even be possible to get the right price without junk :ohnoes:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Jagex did a GE update on the 13th of august, now quantity's that were needed to up the price of high demand rares are much lower and it has caused the animal masks and 3a to go up faster and godswords/gw armor to plummet.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I think the prices of 3rd age are something that will always have to be manually changed by Jagex, simply because of the price control system. First off though, as soon as the GE price gets close to player value, demand will crash. It happened notably with ZGS; they were adjusted to 60m then fell instantly, it's happened withy other junked items too. But once GE value and player value are stabilised, it's still not going to update as it should. 3rd age items are some of the least traded items in the game and can also be some of the most volatile, something that the GE just can't handle as we've seen in the past. Yes, Jagex have got their work cut out to keep this market alive.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

I think the prices of 3rd age are something that will always have to be manually changed by Jagex, simply because of the price control system. First off though, as soon as the GE price gets close to player value, demand will crash. It happened notably with ZGS; they were adjusted to 60m then fell instantly, it's happened withy other junked items too. But once GE value and player value are stabilised, it's still not going to update as it should. 3rd age items are some of the least traded items in the game and can also be some of the most volatile, something that the GE just can't handle as we've seen in the past. Yes, Jagex have got their work cut out to keep this market alive.

I totally agree. It also happened with top hats. First they were junk traded and had a (too) high price of like 6M. When the trade price actually reached 4-5M (cant remember), they suddenly plummeted. Reason: "junk trade prices" are super high. I think this is partly cause junk is never really really worthless (It takes time to create it, IF you create it).

I think if 3a prices of , say , the mage top, will reach 60-80M, people will start selling, and it might plummet, cause it looses its exclusiveness.

They were being manipulated by players, Jagex had nothing to do with it.

Well yes and no. The main thing that started the surge in prices was the GE's price changing system. Because it can't deal with low trade volume items very well most 3rd age got stuck. The same things happen with other items, but due to the volativity of the 3rd age market, the rareness, and the relative uselessness of the items it's a magnet for merchanters. Once the prices got stuck they ran out of control, driven by the merchanters, until they got stuck in their own kind of economy. The phats/3rd age/junk market is really quite out of touch with the general economy so you cant really equate the prices to GP or regular item value. Saying a 3rd age helm is worth 200m or w/e it is doesn't really mean anything except in relation to other junked items percieved worth, once the gp market catches up to the junk market i.e. the ge value matches the junking value, the bottom completely drops out and the item crashes as seen with ZGS and top hats.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Hmm. Yeah, it sounds like player manipulation, really.. the third age items just don't have enough of their kind to make a true effect that major in the GE that quickly.

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

Just a thought, but is it at all possible (or likely) that Jagex would actually inject items into the economy? Hit a button and create 10 3rd Age Helms out of thin air, right into the GE? Could this be how they adjust prices, or am I blowing air?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Just a thought, but is it at all possible (or likely) that Jagex would actually inject items into the economy? Hit a button and create 10 3rd Age Helms out of thin air, right into the GE? Could this be how they adjust prices, or am I blowing air?

They could... However they could also simply adjust the price...

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

onely what upsets me the most is simply junk trading. I don't see why ppl have to do this. I understand jagex created the problem by not allowing to trade over 30k of the medium price. I don't think people realise how bad it is for the economy to engage in junk trading. not only do the items that are worth value that are traded with junk don't rise but the junk they trade with it does no decrease in value.. it creates a system where you have to junk trade. I honestly wont engage in it. I'd prefer to wait 3 weeks waiting for an item on ge for max.

RUNEANDIRON.png

runeandiron.png

Anything is possible since this is their game, but I think there are more likely ways for them to fix the situation. The easiest solution would be to make 3rd Age more common in Clue Scrolls. Also, Jagex has the ability to adjust prices however they want in the GE beyond the 5% limit. A more likely scenario would be for Jagex to simply raise the prices 5% everyday until pieces start selling.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

onely what upsets me the most is simply junk trading. I don't see why ppl have to do this. I understand jagex created the problem by not allowing to trade over 30k of the medium price. I don't think people realise how bad it is for the economy to engage in junk trading. not only do the items that are worth value that are traded with junk don't rise but the junk they trade with it does no decrease in value.. it creates a system where you have to junk trade. I honestly wont engage in it. I'd prefer to wait 3 weeks waiting for an item on ge for max.

So what do you find as an alternative? The people that don't do junk trades just wait for the price to update- which results in the same things, prices don't update, demand rises, junk trade prices rise.

You don't see why people have to do it? Are you brain-damaged? People act according to how they always have- first them, their family, and only after that help a stranger on the street. Same with junk trades- you worry about getting a fair price for your hard-fought items, and only after that think that because of you, some whiny little kid can't use his coins to buy items.

Junk trades are not good for the economy, but nor are jagex'es price manipulations. You can't stop one without the other.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Just Curious, but isn't prices supposed to go up if there are constant offers to buy, and none on the market selling?

~Dan

No then it would be really easy to inflate prices

It's based off the transactions that take place not the offers.

sigcopyaf.png