Working out topic

Rarex

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hold the belief that if someone desperately needs to get into shape, they will find a way.

Of course, I have that belief for everything.

Anyway, I'm skinny as crap, I honestly need to get into shape. I've been running (Not too much, but not too little), doing pushups, crunches, etc. for a while now. I've noticed some changes, it's been pretty nice. I'm not fully bulked up, nor would I ever really want to be, but at least I have some strength now.

Cup_Lion, I'm only going into high school. Pushups and crunches are really simple, all you really need is a few minutes and some space. I use a treadmill for running, but you could just simply run around outside.

Oh, and I don't do it for the girls, or to gain respect from other people. Or do I? I do it simply because I know I'm too skinny, I know that I need some muscles, and being somewhat athletic couldn't hurt.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I will read all the replies tomorrow (labor day = no school). Well, I have been working out a lot in 7-8 months but I can guarantee what I'm saying works because it has worked for me, so it should for you too.

Being toned is different from having huge muscle mass. I suppose you dudes don't know the difference. Not skinny-person toned, being proper weight for height (not too fat or near close to skinny).

I understand some people are more cardio orientated, thats cool :).

Atm, it's 10:28pm where I live. Just finished watching Prison Break - disk 2 through 4 season 3... cya tomorrow.. I hope..

edit: Will reply now :)

Hahahaha. Right on, man, its whats on the outside that counts. Those muscles heads who taught you that getting ripped with huge abs meant youd be scoring with all the hot girls lied to you.

I bet youre so manly you could outrun a fighter jet made of biceps. Im not even sure I should be talking to you since youre so much better than me, jesus christ dont hurt me.

e-penis thread, watch where you wave those things, you could have an eye out.

Why do you get the idea that I'm talking about Arnold Swchenegger type muscles? I'm talking about having toned arms and perhaps abs (women are attracted to them for some reason). Have such a huge bulk of muscle (like arnold swchengger & ect) doesn't look good or pretty but having a toned body does...

And by the way, Rarex, muscles do build overnight. :P In working out, you break down your muscles, and when you sleep, your body rebuilds them. Although it isn't noticeable the next morning, which is what you meant, you'll see results after a while. Just had to point that out. :D

Yea, I know that. What I was trying to say is if you like work out like 4 hours one day and expect the next day to have visible biceps and perhaps triceps, it won't happen cuz I have tried... but it will happen over the course of several months

I hate you already. Good job, that's almost a record.

~

You can bench about 85 pounds.

That's just the impression I'm getting from the way you post. Some fourteen year old pervert with no concept of the journey, only of the goal.

Seriously guys. If you're going to make a thread about something technical, at least have some idea what you're talking about. I didn't see any information in that post that I couldn't have gotten from a three year old, apart from the stuff that was wrong.

Lotta people hate me. Don't know why. Hmm, how much can I bench? I build my biceps with a 35lb dumbbell with each arm.. 35+35 = 70, those are using my biceps alone. Now add triceps, chest, and all those... it would be over 85lb. I work out with 155lb (benching) with 10 repetitions (10 reps = 1 set) and at like 15 reps, I start to feel sore, so I keep going until 20. The first 10 are pretty easily, they feel like nothing. I can show off at 210lb.

I'm 15, 6foot and weight 176lbs last time I weighted myself. I'm not a huge bulk of fat or muscle, currently my arms are pretty toned and it's good to show off. By the way, you can tell someone who is toned/works out just by looking at their forearms and perhaps neck.

You're so right man, I mean, c'mon. An unattractive guy who doesn't work out? Wow, I bet he's a complete loser. That chick should totally be yours dude. Maybe you should go beat him up and call him gay, that would teach him.

P.S. I don't like you.

No, I don't think he/she is a complete loser. I just wonder why is she with someone like him when she is so much better than that? No offense. probably because the guy (1) talks & act like a girl, (2) both have been friends for a while, (3) who knows. No offense to anyone. I wouldn't beat that guy lol...

Working out to pull girls is a terrible reason to work out. Especially since the girls who go for that kind of thing are normally about as vacuous as they come. Work out for the endorphin rush and the way it makes you feel. Of course the extra self-confidence is great, but try not to play to the trend of being judged on physical image.

One way to look at it. I'm 15 and I work out mostly at my HS gym ( which is pretty good) and the girls there all wear short shorts... good enough reason for me. Most of them are not fat nor skinny, their either have a back or a front. 80% of ppl in my school are white so many girls are cute (no offense to any1 or being racist).

The chicks come from working out. 8-)

I can't stand people who are so lazy they can't give an hour at most of their time for better all around health. Work outs feel great once you're done.

What the hell is this? Babe-s is censored, am I some sexist pig now?

Ye man so true. Like 30 minutes after a long good work out, your arms/muscles feel sore.. feels sooooooo good... I love the feeling.

Lol, jealous much.

Why do you always have to make stupid post about how buff you are and how you are better than everyone? We don't need to know.....

And lmao, you are better than him in anything? You ignorant idiot, think before you speak.

Jealous of what lol? just saying. "working out topic".

But I'm happy to see a topic about this. I love to see people getting in shape :D I work out every other day at a karate class. It's enough exercise to keep me from packing on some pounds through my normal life. I'm planning on starting to work out hardcore soon though. Protein drinks, 5am runs, lifting, calorie counting, the works. I used to do this about a year ago and packed on some serious muscle before falling into depression for a while. So for almost a year now my body has been slowly eating away my muscle mass and I'm pretty much looking normal at this point :( Plus a males hormones peak at around 18 years old so this is going to be the easiest time for me to get in amazing shape :D ::'

I used to be into Taek-Kwan-Doe but now i'm not and want to get int oboxing SOME DAY. Good luck..

hmm.. I'm a fairly attractive female.. yet I wouldn't go out with someone that was too muscle-ly.....

I wouldn't wnat to spend my time with someone that was completely interested in working out....

so if you are going to work out... just to get girls.. just try to not over-do it. :shock:

Misunderstood me, I guess. I work out to tone my arms and therefore attract the ladies. There is a difference between being toned and looking like Hulk.

you've been working out since january 2008? what a pro.

seriously, i would not take any of your advice. your basic reason for working out is to get a girl. anyone interested in working out and bettering yourself, do not do it only for girls because you will be destined to fail. of course getting a boyfriend/girlfriend is a bonus of exercise and eating right, but by no means should it be the only reason.

you need to find a reason to make yourself do it. picturing "a naked girl running on the beach" will not cut it.

i wake up at 6:30 in the morning to go swim in a cold pool before it gets crowded. i dont do it because i want a girlfriend, although it is a bonus.

i do it because i love it. im the most dedicated member of my gym, as ive been told by almost everyone that works there. its my sanctuary and my second home. i go there to relieve stress, to have fun, and to feel alive. its not something i make myself do, it is a privilege that i am lucky to have.

find a real motivator before you try to give advice to others.

More than a good enough motiviation for me. After a while, your arms start to tone up. You will get girls coming up to you and saying "hey! you are in my history class. Whats your name? I'm Sarah. Are you new?" :). Happens often to me I guess.

I'm guessing you are more cardio oriented (running ect) so I understand, Iguess.

I'm in highschool, and many times, I find it impossible to do any kind of workout. If I was able to, I would get a membership at a club and swim all the time, but that is time I do not have. I am guessing that people who posted previous are on their own in college or already graduated. If not, how do you find the time to do all this?

At my school, class ends at 2:45. I'm at the lockers by 2:55, and usually 10 mins later I'm outside walking into the middle room: room 1 = cardio, room 2 = strength MACHINES, room 3 = free weights. I do it until 5:10pm and change within 4 minutes. then wait until 6pm when the late "activity" bus arrives to take me home. That is how I do it. Then spend 1 hour on home, then go shower, eat, & sleep. repeat.. good enough for me. This routine of mine limits my online time a lot.. which is good. I'm in HS. If your HS doesn't have a gym within the school then well.. it wont be fun. Since most gyms have old people in it and/or rarely some good looking women/females. In my school, there are lots of afterschool sports so there is always some girls running on the threadmill for me to look at.

Time.. depends o nyour schedule & life.

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

Cup_Lion, I'm only going into high school. Pushups and crunches are really simple, all you really need is a few minutes and some space.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but how many do you do daily? :)

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

Cup_Lion, I'm only going into high school. Pushups and crunches are really simple, all you really need is a few minutes and some space.

No problem.

For pushups, I've been following this, which someone posted in the last thread about this. It's been working pretty well, that site really covers a lot of things.

For crunches, it depends, I guess I average around 50-60 a day. Not that many, but being consistent is what matters to me.

doublesmileyface1.png

No problem.

For pushups, I've been following this, which someone posted in the last thread about this. It's been working pretty well, that site really covers a lot of things.

For crunches, it depends, I guess I average around 50-60 a day. Not that many, but being consistent is what matters to me.

Not insulting, just wish to say. If you want the abs asap (and doing it properly) then 50-60 curnches a day is not near enough. You can do a set (10 repetitions) in 2 minutes max. You should spend 30minutes to 1 hour a day SOLELY on doing ab work outs. When you breathe, you will feel your ab muscles contract :)

Pushups are good and classical... being able to doing lots of them in a single "sit down" is great to have/be able to do

wow, time passes so fast.. 32 minutes already..

btw: I don't follow a workout routine. I just do one type of exercise until the main muscle I'm working out is totally sore, then I switch to another one. Say biceps first then triceps, when triceps are all tired, biceps are back up. At least for me. works good on a me. Not a single type of exercise btw, various exercises which focus on 1 main muscle...

Also, I'm not someone who knows it all about working out yet does nothing. What I know is from experience.

will edit main post tomorrow I hope...

btw, I don't wish for this topic to turn into a flame thread lol.. just a place where people can ask questions, talk about, and DISCUSS (not argue) :)

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

No problem.

Not insulting, just wish to say. If you want the abs asap (and doing it properly) then 50-60 curnches a day is not near enough. You can do a set (10 repetitions) in 2 minutes max. You should spend 30minutes to 1 hour a day SOLELY on doing ab work outs. When you breathe, you will feel your ab muscles contract :)

Pushups are good and classical... being able to doing lots of them in a single "sit down" is great to have/be able to do

wow, time passes so fast.. 32 minutes already..

will edit main post tomorrow I hope...

If you really want the abs and want them quick, then yes, you need to do many, many more. Do nearly as many as you can, I wouldn't go completely to the limit. But crunches are more of a side thing for me, I just do them to stay in shape. To be honest, I probably don't even need to do them, it's just my hormones kicking in and telling me that I have to have muscles.

doublesmileyface1.png

Being buff/chizzled is overrated. I 've been everywhere on the spectrum. I am 18 years old (i lied,10 more days) 6'2 and 186 pounds. I have 8% body fat according to the BMI thing. I eat right (for the most part) except when at friends'. Until I turned 17, I would jog an hour each morning before school, do 25 push-ups and crunches, and ddrink a strawberry smoothie. I would do the same before bed (except jog).

It was easy after the first 2 months.

Message to younger kids. Try to be healthy, but don't over do it.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

More than a good enough motiviation for me. After a while, your arms start to tone up. You will get girls coming up to you and saying "hey! you are in my history class. Whats your name? I'm Sarah. Are you new?" :). Happens often to me I guess.

I'm guessing you are more cardio oriented (running ect) so I understand, Iguess.

im not "cardio oriented". i used to lift weights in school for 2 hours then again after school for 2 more hours. i didnt like all the stress and dropped my weightlifting at school.

now i swim 2000m daily then lift weights for an hour after.

Being toned is different from having huge muscle mass. I suppose you dudes don't know the difference. Not skinny-person toned, being proper weight for height (not too fat or near close to skinny).

wow.

you come off pretty arrogant rarex. you shouldnt act like you are the only one on this forum that works out, especially when you've been lifting regularly for only 8 months. try four years then give me advice.

its called modesty, you should try it some time.

swimming is a great work. builds the shoulders and makes ur legs toned.

i swim 1000m freestyle, 300m butterfly, 300m back stroke and 300m breast-stroke each day in summer. it provides a good all round workout if you dont have the facilities near you.

99wcsigpk9.jpg

Started new account: flipflop v2

now i swim 2000m daily then lift weights for an hour after.

Would you say swimming helps a lot? And would that be 2000m freestyle?

swimming is great alone or when supplemented with weight training. it will tone your muscles especially triceps, biceps, lats, and abs.

i swim about 1500m freestyle and 500m breast-stroke.

Working out to pull girls is a terrible reason to work out. Especially since the girls who go for that kind of thing are normally about as vacuous as they come. Work out for the endorphin rush and the way it makes you feel. Of course the extra self-confidence is great, but try not to play to the trend of being judged on physical image.

Sadly i started for a girl, and i got her, turns out she liked me for who i was. Been 2 1/2 years since, point being, i started for the wrong reasons, but it changed. Perhaps op will too? :)

Strong unaware in this thread. Bodybuilding for me, is the work i put in, is what i get out, i see results on the field, and i see results in my self confidence. It makes me more productive at work, which gives me more shifts, and with jobs pretaining to heavy lifting during summer, im highly applicible for. Ive been working out on and off for two years, dedicated for one year, its been wild. I do it personally for myself. I hope to look like frank zane some day, now thats a fine man. ;) Bodybuilding, for the dedicated is a lifestyle, one protip to live by; you are what you eat. Bodybuilding will really bring that out.

Anyway, you asked to put on muscle if im right; in basic non too descreptive detail.

Eat alot of wholesome food, not chips and pop.

Get calcium and multivites.

Get in ALOT of water.

No dat dere celltech.

Drink milk. :thumbsup:

An hour workout for begineers, or optimal growth.

Low reps 3-5 sets.

For building 5 exercies per bodypart.

Body split perhaps a 4 day split is right for you.

1-Back/bis

2-chest/tris

3-legs abs

4-shoulders/traps

It can be moved around and adjusted.

Results only come with comitment.

you've been working out since january 2008? what a pro.

seriously, i would not take any of your advice. your basic reason for working out is to get a girl. anyone interested in working out and bettering yourself, do not do it only for girls because you will be destined to fail. of course getting a boyfriend/girlfriend is a bonus of exercise and eating right, but by no means should it be the only reason.

you need to find a reason to make yourself do it. picturing "a naked girl running on the beach" will not cut it. i wake up at 6:30 in the morning to go swim in a cold pool before it gets crowded. i dont do it because i want a girlfriend, although it is a bonus.

i do it because i love it. im the most dedicated member of my gym, as ive been told by almost everyone that works there. its my sanctuary and my second home. i go there to relieve stress, to have fun, and to feel alive. its not something i make myself do, it is a privilege that i am lucky to have.

find a real motivator before you try to give advice to others.

I think your a motivation. ::'

Ill edit and type more later on.

ameoba_009 you mentioned in one point "low reps 3-5 sets". that would only pertain if one was trying to get buff.

if you want to be toned, which i assume most people do, its best to do many reps on low weight.

Perhaps op will too? :)

There is this girl she is in cheerleading and I think she is beautiful. She has a great body but I don't like her ebcause of that.. something about her.. can't stop thinking about her

4 things have happened in the 4/4 days of school I have had so far.. the most dramatic being she dropped a pen on purpose near me and bent over to pick it up.

I can't stop thinking about her.. her eyes

well.. I will be honest.. my life is a mess right now..

perhaps something will happen one day..

mr: I have tried the many reps, low weight to be toned but it hasn't worked for me. I reached a plateu effect - where the exercise that was once medium difficulty is now super easy and you aren't using your muscles anymore therefore you don't build or tone... that is what happened to me without me knowing.. i dont feel like going into detail..

Working out topic

i went through the same plateau effect about 2 years ago.

its time to mix up your work out. dont keep it the same for too long.

dont just change the reps/sets, but do new exercises for the same muscle.

anyone that wants effective workouts go to www.crossfit.com. they have detailed explanations and videos displaying the workout as well. these are the same trainers that helped the actors from 300.

Actually to be honest us girls don't just go for guys who look hot, if you're an idiot the Bye Bye! I prefer a nice personality over looks any day.

Anyone who doesn't know this is an idiot. I'm the same way with girls. Looks count for something, but I like a girl with a great personality better than the hottest girl around because the girl I choose is going to be the hottest in my eyes.

Actually to be honest us girls don't just go for guys who look hot, if you're an idiot the Bye Bye! I prefer a nice personality over looks any day.

Anyone who doesn't know this is an idiot. I'm the same way with girls. Looks count for something, but I like a girl with a great personality better than the hottest girl around because the girl I choose is going to be the hottest in my eyes.

I think there's a period of time (Middle school? Beginning of high school?) that looks really matter, but after that, it becomes like you say. Then it barely even matters at all. Of course, there are those [bleeps] who value looks a lot more than personality though.

doublesmileyface1.png

ok... to get back on topic....

there's this site someone was telling me about...

it'[s called: http://hundredpushups.com/

and.. it shows you how to eventually do 100 pushups....

I dunno about you people... but the most I can manage is 5. :lol:

Well I started going to the gym about a year and a half ago. I started off doing like 30 mins cardio and then maybe 20 mins weights for about three times a week, now I do a bit more intense weights and 15 mins running. The hardest thing for me is actually my [wagon] out of the door and down there, I'll always work out hard when I'm there but it I struggle to get that motivation sometimes.

I've given up on the idea of being incredibly toned and buff, I actually get more satisfaction out of running now more than anything. I'll keep myself in good shape but I simply don't have the know-how or motivation to get really muscley.

I think there's a period of time (Middle school? Beginning of high school?) that looks really matter, but after that, it becomes like you say. Then it barely even matters at all. Of course, there are those [bleeps] who value looks a lot more than personality though.

I don't know about you, but when I see a girl for the first time, or even the second or third, the looks are generally the thing that drive me to either approach her or not [if you can include demeanor in looks]. Acting like you don't care about looks either means your below a 3, a terrible liar, or one of the very few completely non-shallow beings on this planet.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

The rating of attractiveness.

with 10 being really hot and 1 being goddamn ugly.

it's from 1-10.

I'm a 5.8

Most I ever saw in real life was a 8.6

of course Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... so.. some people might have even seen a hypothetical 15.