Working out topic

Rarex

I've given up on the idea of being incredibly toned and buff, I actually get more satisfaction out of running now more than anything. I'll keep myself in good shape but I simply don't have the know-how or motivation to get really muscley.

get yourself a good workout partner. ive been working out daily with the same friend for several years now. if im feeling lazy in the morning ill still go because he is waiting, and vice versa.

As for my boyfriend, he's gorgeous and great company, but I would say that wouldn't I coz I love him <3:

what? english.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for my boyfriend, he's gorgeous and great company, but I would say that wouldn't I coz I love him <3:

what? english.

My male partner, on the other hand, is quite a strapping fellow and is quite simply the perfect acquaintance to hold a riveting conversation with. However, I praise him so as I am infatuated with his person.

Ya get me?

knkcopy.jpg

I work out in the way of general fitness, not weights. I'm a Marine so i'm held to a standard and have to test that standard 1-2 times a year. General exercises and building core strength is what i'm about. I'm toned and am happy with the results...i've never considered going to weights and don't think i need to.

Best thing i can stress is to workout 2-3 days a week then rest, then workout then rest a day. Break your muscles and let them rebuild. You won't get ANYWHERE by working out every single day of the week.

BTW i know a lot of Marines that do the http://www.crossfit.com/ thing.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

I don't know about you, but when I see a girl for the first time, or even the second or third, the looks are generally the thing that drive me to either approach her or not [if you can include demeanor in looks]. Acting like you don't care about looks either means your below a 3, a terrible liar, or one of the very few completely non-shallow beings on this planet.

I'm not saying I don't care about looks, of course I do. No way would I ever go out with a girl I consider ugly, unless she has an extremely, extremely, great personality.

And of course looks are the first impression. Unless you can read minds, what other factor is there to consider before you even talk to a person?

But I'm talking about those who really, really care about looks. Like if someone is average looking, but with a great personality, they wouldn't even consider them. But if there's a hot chick, and she's basically a spoiled brat, they would.

For the record, yes, I'm a terrible liar. :|

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Best thing i can stress is to workout 2-3 days a week then rest, then workout then rest a day. Break your muscles and let them rebuild. You won't get ANYWHERE by working out every single day of the week.

wrong. for those of you that are looking for work out every day, its key to exercise a different muscle group each day.

ie, my old work out schedule was chest+biceps one day then triceps+back/shoulders the next.

BTW i know a lot of Marines that do the http://www.crossfit.com/ thing.

yeah, crossfit is a great group. anyone looking to tone their abs and chest, you can use this workout:

i dont know what its really called, but my friends and i call it the spartan workout.

-place appropriate weights on a benchpress

-lift the bar and hold it steady with your arms fully extended

-while suspending the bar, lift your legs vertically (dont bend your knees) and bring them as close to the bar as possible

-do 10-15 reps of leg lifts

-benchpress 5-10 reps.

I spend about 30 minutes every 2 days on a warm up,and then I go maybe 2 hours exercise.I know,nothing like PT.

Oh by the way,every 2 days so that my muscles can repair,you know,recoup.I don't do anything involving my back,because I've heard that that's not very healthy at my age.

I don't do specific numbers,I do as many as I can,then push to get a nice,round number.Usually I do:

Jackknifes (lifting legs)

Push-ups

Pull-ups

Inclined pull-ups

Sit-ups (with something keeping my feet down)

Crunches (against a wall)

And some random punching and kicking,maybe do a bit of Drunken Fist or something.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

wrong. for those of you that are looking for work out every day, its key to exercise a different muscle group each day.

ie, my old work out schedule was chest+biceps one day then triceps+back/shoulders the next.

Well yes, i was just going on the assumption that people do the same thing every day like swimming, running etc.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

dragonsoon, doing as many as you can usually isnt a good habit if you are working out regularly.

it will be much more effective if you begin doing a specific number of reps. you can easily track your progress and increase reps when you need to.

Well yes, i was just going on the assumption that people do the same thing every day like swimming, running etc.

ah, then you were correct.

Hmm.. I read a post about someone who does cardio for 30 minutes and 20 minutes for weights and sometimes doesn't find the motivation.. here is my advice. Happens to me.

When you are out of total motivation, think of times when people have looked down to you, ignored you, or made fun of you because of how you look. Think of things you really wanna show off doing when you get in the shape you want to be in. Think of the moment you want to impress that special someone and how you're going to do it. I think of moment when people have not talked to me or ignored me.

Also, I workout long (and hard) enough so when my work out is over, my arms are sore for the next 24 hours (until my next work out). Usually, after I wake up, my arms are most sore... I eat good and give my arms enough time to rebuild.

Yes you do if you do it properly. I have achieved toned arms like that. My schedule & routine is:

monday to friday: 2 to 2:20 hour work out each day. starting at 3pm finishing at 5pm to 5:20pm. Drink milk and other nutrient. ONLY breaks I take during those 2 hours is to go drink water (not long walk but long enough so I can rest enough time. like 45 seconds usually).

sturday and sunday: work out 1hr altogether each day to maintain the muscles I "achieved" in monday through friday. if i dont work out on weekends, all of it goes away usually. specially if I just restarted working out.

ROUTINE: I just do various exercises for one main muscles (say biceps) until I totally tired then I switch to other type exercises for another muscles (triceps), then to deltoids and onec I'm done with delts, back to biceps.

1:25pm atm, need to workout 2hrs straight.. over the past 2 days I have been working out :30 minutes seperate (instead of 1 hr all together) twice a day...

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

i dont work out, i run, running im good at, lifting weights im bad at, pretty much sums up me up. most the guys on my hall are pretty built but they can never keep up with me. i ran about 5-8miles a day depending on how late i start, and if i got a morning class or not

legends2.jpg

What would you guys say is a good workout routine for upper body and stomach? Currently I do about 35 reps on each machine (bicep curl, shoulder push, lat pulldown, chest push) and at about 20kg~ maybe a bit higher. I also do 50 crunches with 8kg weight and 50 leg pull ups. Looking through some of the replies this doesn't look like much, but I always feel pretty tired when I come out of the gym. I really would like to get myself into a good routine that actually benefits me, but I'd like to keep my running up as well. Any suggestions? I'm nearly 16, I'm what you would call a skinny-toned build and my diet is pretty good.

What would you guys say is a good workout routine for upper body and stomach? Currently I do about 35 reps on each machine (bicep curl, shoulder push, lat pulldown, chest push) and at about 20kg~ maybe a bit higher. I also do 50 crunches with 8kg weight and 50 leg pull ups. Looking through some of the replies this doesn't look like much, but I always feel pretty tired when I come out of the gym. I really would like to get myself into a good routine that actually benefits me, but I'd like to keep my running up as well. Any suggestions? I'm nearly 16, I'm what you would call a skinny-toned build and my diet is pretty good.

id like to refer you to my "spartan workout" post a page or two back. focuses on abs, chest, and arms.

I would suggest instead of coming out of the gym tired, come out sore. I hate it when I move my forearm up and can't feel my biceps (sometimes triceps) move. After all that time I spent at the gym!? When this happens, it generally means that the sore will come about 30 minutes later on and will last for like 8 hours more. What I prefer is, when I'm done working out, when I move my forearm up, I feel my biceps and triceps move along. To get this, push yourself beyond the pain. Push yourself beyond the limit.

So what I suggest, and what I do, don't do 35, do it until you no longer can do it anymore. Way past the pain the limit. Once you try that machine/exercise again, your old limit is not near your new limit! Yea. For example, for bicep curl, I'm currently at (by bicep curl I mean machine curl, using both arms, pulling up. Not the EZ Bar Curl) 65lbs but when I push myself beyond my limit, I'm reaching 90lbs. It's pretty cool. Like there is a guy before me, right after he is done (he has it set at 30lbs), I come in and do 65 haha.

Just push yourself beyond your limit at everything. I'm 15.

I just finish my 1 out of 2 hour straight work out. Going to the local pool. hoping there is no1 there since it's Monday.. we will see.

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

So, my test month for eleven euro is now done, and last friday I drew a contract with the gym. One year, and I can swim and fitness as much as I like.

Currently my programme is like this:

Bike Constant Power: 10 Minutes on level 3,5,6,7

Chesh Push: 50KG 2x12

Some other arm machine, forgot the name :'):60 KG 2x12

Shoulder Press: 20 KG (man, this one is heavy!)

Glidex XT: 10 minutes on level 4

Total Abdominal: 50 KG 3x15

Abdominal Crunch: 35 KG 3x15

Rotary Toroso: 25 KG 6x15

Step machine (forgot it's name): 10 minutes level 5

Arm Curl: 22.5 KG 2x12

Leg Push: 90KG 2x12

Lower Back: 25KG 2x12

Rowing/Crosstrainer: 10 minutes

Bike: 5 minutes

After the training, we usually go to the pool, and swim for 20 minutes to half an hour. We can't do much lanes after the fitness though, most of the time we get out of the pool after 20/25 lanes.

I don't really want to get all muscled up or something. Just like to get in shape a bit more. Improve my condition, lose my beer belly (I also stopped drinking beer during the week! Only on thursday and in weekends!) and get a little more muscle.

To what the person above me says, I don't think it's good to go beyond a pain limit. You need to set the bar so that you can just take it, that you have to give everything to get that last press. If you are constantly training above your level I would think that you get injuries faster.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

[hide=RESPONSES TO PREVIOUS POSTS]

So, my test month for eleven euro is now done, and last friday I drew a contract with the gym. One year, and I can swim and fitness as much as I like.

Currently my programme is like this:

Bike Constant Power: 10 Minutes on level 3,5,6,7

Chesh Push: 50KG 2x12

Some other arm machine, forgot the name :'):60 KG 2x12

Shoulder Press: 20 KG (man, this one is heavy!)

Glidex XT: 10 minutes on level 4

Total Abdominal: 50 KG 3x15

Abdominal Crunch: 35 KG 3x15

Rotary Toroso: 25 KG 6x15

Step machine (forgot it's name): 10 minutes level 5

Arm Curl: 22.5 KG 2x12

Leg Push: 90KG 2x12

Lower Back: 25KG 2x12

Rowing/Crosstrainer: 10 minutes

Bike: 5 minutes

After the training, we usually go to the pool, and swim for 20 minutes to half an hour. We can't do much lanes after the fitness though, most of the time we get out of the pool after 20/25 lanes.

I don't really want to get all muscled up or something. Just like to get in shape a bit more. Improve my condition, lose my beer belly (I also stopped drinking beer during the week! Only on thursday and in weekends!) and get a little more muscle.

To what the person above me says, I don't think it's good to go beyond a pain limit. You need to set the bar so that you can just take it, that you have to give everything to get that last press. If you are constantly training above your level I would think that you get injuries faster.

Nice routine :)

well (last 2 sentences) that can be true but pushing yourself beyond pain with machines.. is very hard to get injured with machines. With free weights, the chances are much higher. Antoher good thing about beyond-limit is that sometimes veins show up. Unless you have too many of the mall over your arms, it don't look pretty but if you have few then it adds some definition to your arm, really. Good trick to know...

you guys ever tried creatine?

i experimented with that stuff for a few months a while back.

I haven't. I don't use any supplements or any muscle vitamins.. just the regular drinks and vitamins.. normal vitamin c.. gaterader and regular stuff. What's creatine? :P[/hide]

Ok, here is a little inner discussion. Going to be online for 9 more minutes (till 3pm) then going to get ready for pool:

What do you think of steroid use amongst teenagers trying to get in shape?

I think that it is sad and that they should DIE. I hate when I see some dude who I never see workout with veins coming out of his arms all of a sudden :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: .

Working out topic

Well obviously its bad. Unless its prescribed. I know a few kids older than me who have to take steroids because of their body conditions.

Other than that, I disagree with the use of steroids amongst teenagers.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

(non-specific "diary")

Today was perfect. Did my two separate 2hour work out (each 1 hr) and just finished riding my bike. I'm excited for tomorrow, 2nd week of school and for my second class I get to sit behind someone I like :lol:

Lets see what happens. Came on to check replies to my topic and look at some pictures of Marisa Miller & megan fox... :)

Working out topic

creatine is one of the amino acids in protein. it comes in powder form and you mix it with water and drink it before and during your workout.

it gives you a large energy burst and also puts water in your muscles.

its not very bad for you, but it is extra pressure on your liver. dont take it unless you need that extra burst. i only took it for a few months when i lifted 2 hours a day.

- i also just found out that one of my close friends is in my weightlifting period at school. :thumbup: first day tomorrow

you guys ever tried creatine?

i experimented with that stuff for a few months a while back.

I experimented a bit with it back when I lifted a lot. I noticed that combined with good amounts of protein I was bulking up nicely. I'm going to start lifting again soon and I'm planning on giving creatine another shot.

What do you think of steroid use amongst teenagers trying to get in shape?

I personally think steroids are for wimps whether they be teenagers or adults. If you can't put in the time and effort, why should you have the muscle?

after several months of using creatine, i stopped getting the same rush. so i knew it was time to increase the dosage, but i didnt want to risk my liver.

id suggest using mainly protein powder as a supplement. works well and has no negative aspects (except you will gain some fat if you dont do a small amount of cardio).

but to each his own. whatever makes your workout fun.