Working out topic

Rarex

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you should be going every night of the week, maybe just on Monday and Friday if possible. Remember to never let anything get in the way of your studies. Knowledge lasts a lifetime, but a physical muscle can be destroyed after a few weeks.

Muscle seems to last longer than knowledge from my own experience.

Really? I must be just lucky then. After 1 week of no exercise on my legs (running miles), I couldn't even finish half of what I could the week before. Knowledge seems to last years at a time without ever being acknowledged.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I don't know if you should be going every night of the week, maybe just on Monday and Friday if possible. Remember to never let anything get in the way of your studies. Knowledge lasts a lifetime, but a physical muscle can be destroyed after a few weeks.

Muscle seems to last longer than knowledge from my own experience.

Really? I must be just lucky then. After 1 week of no exercise on my legs (running miles), I couldn't even finish half of what I could the week before. Knowledge seems to last years at a time without ever being acknowledged.

Wouldn't that fall more so under conditioning rather than weight lifting/muscle growth?

I took four years of Latin and I've lost the good majority of it, even if it is all in the back of my head.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Working out in the morning is best for me, because it gets me out of bed, starts off my day early, and gets me physically ready for whatever I am going to do that day. I feel like I have more time to do everything, which is true. And I start the day off with a nice, refreshed feeling. :thumbup:

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

I agree that working out for the opposets sex's attention is shallow. However working out and shaping your body to show others that you are capable of more than what they take you to be, and then being proud of your accoplishments, dispite the advercity, is not shallow. I think its rather motivational.

That's just as shallow, if you want to look at it that way. Instead of always being negative toward eachother, maybe you guys could be a little friendlier toward eachother.

Going again tonight, can't wait. I'm really enjoying the fitness, but that's probably because I'm new to it all. ::' I'm always going at least two times a week, but I try to go three. Monday evening, wednesday evening and friday saturyday or sunday morning.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I don't do the eating part of workjing out, haha.

Don't do the working out part really, I'm fit, but no muscular at all really.

I do things like Biking and Running pretty often, but nthing serious.

I usually do press-ups every day though, I can do about 50, but I only do 20 a day, haha....Oh well, better then nothing.

Why not do 3 sets of 20? That's what I do if I don't go to the gym (crappy one though)

By that would you mean like to space them out through the day, or to have like a few mins break and then do another 20?

I would get myself to a gym, but theres pretty much no way I can get there.

Unless I bike, but my Bike broke, lol.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I don't work out. I run. It's better for your heart, your lungs, and pretty much everything.

A common fallacy is that you have to run fast. Some people do, but when you start, don't expect to be an Olympian. Don't worry, you'll get faster surprisingly quickly.

I started with 3.1-mile runs at around 26 minutes last May (8:23 mile time) and I just ran a 37:32 5-mile (7:30 mile time). Look at that pace increase, and I'm even running almost twice as much nonstop!

All I did was run every other day, and I took a month-long break during the summer as band season started. I am 6'1", have extremely defined muscles due to the high fat-burning of running, and I weigh 145 lbs. I haven't lifted a weight in six months.

lalalasig2.png

I don't work out. I run. It's better for your heart, your lungs, and pretty much everything.

A common fallacy is that you have to run fast. Some people do, but when you start, don't expect to be an Olympian. Don't worry, you'll get faster surprisingly quickly.

I started with 3.1-mile runs at around 26 minutes last May (8:23 mile time) and I just ran a 37:32 5-mile (7:30 mile time). Look at that pace increase, and I'm even running almost twice as much nonstop!

All I did was run every other day, and I took a month-long break during the summer as band season started. I am 6'1", have extremely defined muscles due to the high fat-burning of running, and I weigh 145 lbs. I haven't lifted a weight in six months.

I learned from my fitness instructor in school that the thing that matters most when running is that you stay within your target heart rate, and that 15 minutes of running in that heart rate is a lot better than running for significantly longer times (as in 15 minutes better than 30 - one hour of out of range depending on the rate), and also that you should run the same amount of time but increase the distance, that way you get a better work out. But I'm not a pro, so if anyone has anything to say against that please go ahead

yes.png

I don't do the eating part of workjing out, haha.

Don't do the working out part really, I'm fit, but no muscular at all really.

I do things like Biking and Running pretty often, but nthing serious.

I usually do press-ups every day though, I can do about 50, but I only do 20 a day, haha....Oh well, better then nothing.

Why not do 3 sets of 20? That's what I do if I don't go to the gym (crappy one though)

By that would you mean like to space them out through the day, or to have like a few mins break and then do another 20?

I would get myself to a gym, but theres pretty much no way I can get there.

Unless I bike, but my Bike broke, lol.

45s between sets

edit: confused sets/reps

Im starting cross counrtry running (im in grade 11) on monday with my high school team. Im kinda nervous, i used to be really good in elementary, i came 2nd place out of about 200 in grade 4, but that was like 7 years ago. I dont think im as fit now, 6'2 at around 145 probably (dad's skinny genes :P) so im pretty worried about monday :| . Oh, and my dad is forcing me to do it :x but from it i hope to find motivation i need and succeed in it.

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

Im starting cross counrtry running (im in grade 11) on monday with my high school team. Im kinda nervous, i used to be really good in elementary, i came 2nd place out of about 200 in grade 4, but that was like 7 years ago. I dont think im as fit now, 6'2 at around 145 probably (dad's skinny genes :P) so im pretty worried about monday :| . Oh, and my dad is forcing me to do it :x but from it i hope to find motivation i need and succeed in it.

Don't let the past set your future goals. I was 1st or 2nd every year in the mile run during elementary school. Since then, I've grown to be 6'1, 120 lbs, and out of shape. I actually have to work at running a mile now :x . Remember, just stopping for a month will ruin all your progress. Even with physical activity over all of the years, I still lost it. #-o

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Don't let the past set your future goals. I was 1st or 2nd every year in the mile run during elementary school. Since then, I've grown to be 6'1, 120 lbs, and out of shape. I actually have to work at running a mile now :x . Remember, just stopping for a month will ruin all your progress. Even with physical activity over all of the years, I still lost it. #-o

Haha in no way am i letting my past set my goals, im expecting to fail miserably pretty much, hence why im so nervous. Im gonna go on a run sat. and sun. though.

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

I want to work out but I really don't know how to start. I do uhh.. weights.. with my arms until my arms practically give up. I have no clue what muscles I'm building up but it's kinda fun. I have a punching bag too, a good one, that I punch and kick and stuff. I honestly have no clue where to start. I want abs and all that junk but I live in the middle of nowhere, no gyms or anything.

HALP!

P.S. Maybe if I try hard enough I'll grow up to be a cool tough guy like Rarex

I want to work out but I really don't know how to start. I do uhh.. weights.. with my arms until my arms practically give up. I have no clue what muscles I'm building up but it's kinda fun. I have a punching bag too, a good one, that I punch and kick and stuff. I honestly have no clue where to start. I want abs and all that junk but I live in the middle of nowhere, no gyms or anything.

HALP!

No one can be as cool or tough as Rarex.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

This is a good topic..A few questions:

Is wii fit any good for strength extercises?

Does running build much muscle?

Do strength excercises help burn fat?

when I have huge biceps, where do i get my 99 str cape?

This is a good topic..A few questions:

Is wii fit any good for strength extercises?

Does running build much muscle?

Do strength excercises help burn fat?

when I have huge biceps, where do i get my 99 str cape?

no.

only leg muscles.

barely any. you need cardio.

if you have a runescape-like outlook on exercise you will never get anywhere.

If you live in the middle of nowhere and do not have access to a gym, you can still work out efficiently.

if you have not weight-trained before, i suggest you go to your nearest walmart and buy 5-10 lbs dumbells. use them several times a week. they will be most useful for toning your biceps and triceps. do 5 sets of 10 pushups to start off. increase weekly or every two weeks.

for abs, regular crunches will do fine. not sit-ups. try to do 5 sets of 25 or 50 to begin with.

i also think we're done flaming the op.

I go to the gym 3 times a week on Monday, Wedensday and Friday afternoon. I try to do some cardio to burn some baby fat but with a torn ACL it is hard to run. Will get into swimming when it gets a little warmer.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

for abs, regular crunches will do fine. not sit-ups. try to do 5 sets of 25 or 50 to begin with.

i also think we're done flaming the op.

Hanging leg lifts are GOD. My abs are all thanks to them (+sit ups with weights...).

And there is never enough OP flaming, at least not in this case :).

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

indeed, hanging leg lefts might be the closest thing to god i have ever encountered.

its also great to lift your legs at an angle to work obliques.

if anyone wants to do hanging left lifts at home, all you need is to install a pull-up bar. usually there are slings you put your arms through to do hanging leg lifts, but they can be done just as effectively without.

Online after like 7 days of not being it. Will try to respond to everything :). I have maintained my working out but haven't done it as hard as last week. Therefore, I have noticed my arm to be not as toned. Will try to type fast, 12:08pm atm. Wanna do a 1hr workout (1hr straight) today.. its sunday.

Me = mr. shallow

Well, I guess I'm shallow. I don't see nothing wrong with trying to score the hottest and prettiest chicks around. I don't judge people on how they look though, its just that when I see some pretty girl making out with a lame guy, it angers me for some reason >_>

ZOX

I would suggest you get educated about muscles first. I didn't at first but I guess it's useful. Google the following: ARM MUSCLES, (what is, foods w/ high levels of) potassium, calcium, protein, bicep workouts, triceps workouts, deltoids workouts

At first, I just did lots of Bicep Curls and increased the weight as the previous amount got easier, then I moved onto triceps.

LALALALA

Your arms have become toned because you have burnt all the fat in them, therefore exposing the small triceps, deltoids, and biceps you have. Though, they must look toned but skinny-man muscles. I bet. There is a difference between having skinny toned arms, and toned arms. With skinny arms, you see a straight line (yet you see the toned arm), with true toned arms, you see the bicep making a huge bump and the tricep as well. Your 6ft 1inch, thats enough for me to conclude what I have concluded... I'm 6ft 1inch too but 175 to 180lbs, I'm not skinny, nor fat, or bulky, I'm just good for my size and have a toned/defined body (pretty much just arms, working on abs).

Weightlifting & anything not cardio related, does burn fat but not as much as cardio stuff. As time passes, unneccasry fat in your arms will burn therefore making your other muscles more visible, as more time passes, those muscles will get stronger and bigger and you got toned arms...

Is wii fit any good for strength extercises? No

Does running build much muscle? Only leg muscles, no upper body muscles at all

Do strength excercises help burn fat? Over time and with much determination, it will.

when I have huge biceps, where do i get my 99 str cape? You will obtain a real life 99str cape when you have a hot chick by your side and you being able to grab her as without her calling the cops/security on you. I got my rl cape a few months ago :lol:

I just thought of this, my ultimate goal is to score Megan Fox. With the way how my body and personality is developing, its pretty possible ^_^. She is 22 atm, I'm 15, in 3 years I will be 18 and she 25. Still very possible :). You can say "keep on dreaming, 'KID'" but your wrong cuz I dreamed about having toned arms and thought I never would have them but now I do so ye :). I just gotta meet her. Oh and, I just got myself one of those perfect pushup things! They are sooooooooo good man. Great tricep stuff :)

I don't see all this "op = shallow" thing as flaming lol.. I guess some of you disgust of my opinions

Another of my real life things: its just funny how when I do 20 reps of pull ups (at once), I get looks :lol: or when someone was doing them, then I come and do more than him AND in better shape than he does.

1 set = 10 reps, 1 rep = 1 repetetion of the exercise

20 reps = 2 sets

[hide=MEGAN FOX IS COOOOOOOL]meganfoxFAN_com-transformers2-filming-hollywood2008aug19-001.jpg[/hide]

going to search the internet for some pretty girl pictures and download some songs off limewire for 30 minutes, then at 1pm, I will work out for 1hr straight, watch tv for some minutes, and ride my bike to see if I see any pretty girl running on the streets with her breasts all over (have yet to see one where I live but oh well).

good luck to you all with your goals. Don't give up. Don't slow down. You will eventually reach them... if you want to score some hot chick, just try it. say she looks beautiful, very pretty, gorgeous, or amazing. you have everything to gain and nothing to loose.

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

Do you think the girl with that "ugly" guy worked for her looks?

Tbh, I doubt it. I know a lot of girls who play 1 sport (yearly for school), eat whatever they want, and look amazing. Hell, I know girls that don't do [cabbage], could care less about eating right, and they continue to look good.

Out of curiosity has anyone here ever tried German Volume Training? A guy who I see at the gym now and again swears by it, and I tried it once on my chest day but it just didn't quite feel like I was pushing myself like I was with my normal workout. But maybe I need to stick at it a bit longer, I just wondered if anyone here had had any experience with it.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"