Working out topic

Rarex

after several months of using creatine, i stopped getting the same rush. so i knew it was time to increase the dosage, but i didnt want to risk my liver.

id suggest using mainly protein powder as a supplement. works well and has no negative aspects (except you will gain some fat if you dont do a small amount of cardio).

but to each his own. whatever makes your workout fun.

Eh, workouts are rarely fun for me. The only fun workouts are the ones where I spar with my master for an hour. That's some serious cardio there. Plus I planning on running a decent bit. I just want to get to the point where I can run 2 or 3 miles without wanting to die.

Yeah, I'm going to get some protein powder and use it (no matter how disgusting it is). Almost threw up the first time I had a protein shake :lol:

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lift weights. I have been lifting for a few months... since around November of last year I think. I've been taking some protein supplements recently, and I've noticed some noticeable growth in my muscles. I love the feeling of lifting weights, the pump you get from lifting feels great. It's nice being a fourteen year old who has some decently sized muscles.

OH and when I drink my protein shakes, I just add some water, ice, and frozen bananas. Powder's chocolate flavor. Tastes OK, but it's much better if you use some nonfat milk.

I've never taken to liking the taste of protein shakes, which is why I don't drink them after workouts, no matter how much pressure I get from coaches. The taste is unbearable to me. Anyone know of some really good ones?

And Penny, do you just blend that all together? And if you want to use nonfat milk, do you replace the water with it? I'm not good at this kind of stuff.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

I've never taken to liking the taste of protein shakes, which is why I don't drink them after workouts, no matter how much pressure I get from coaches. The taste is unbearable to me. Anyone know of some really good ones?

And Penny, do you just blend that all together? And if you want to use nonfat milk, do you replace the water with it? I'm not good at this kind of stuff.

Yes, I blend it all together. If you use nonfat milk you don't use water.

creatine is one of the amino acids in protein. it comes in powder form and you mix it with water and drink it before and during your workout.

it gives you a large energy burst and also puts water in your muscles.

its not very bad for you, but it is extra pressure on your liver. dont take it unless you need that extra burst. i only took it for a few months when i lifted 2 hours a day.

- i also just found out that one of my close friends is in my weightlifting period at school. :thumbup: first day tomorrow

how do you lift time????

Anyways, for steroid use... I don't think it should be used mainly to get into shape.

For the olympics, they should lower their standards.. incase people used cough medicine....

and... in case they have asthma and need to use steroids...

For the obese people out there.. if steroids helped them get into shape.. I wouldn't grudge them that...

however, I don't think it should be used to build muscle... it's not as if you have to hunt for food or what not.

I suppose if someone does a very Physically straining job.. I certainly wouldn't judge them on taking supplements to keep up with a younger generation, or to be able to work for more than 8 hours.

So.. basically, I suppose I do approve the use of steroids.. however, I don't approve the abuse of them. or the overuse.

I don't do the eating part of workjing out, haha.

Don't do the working out part really, I'm fit, but no muscular at all really.

I do things like Biking and Running pretty often, but nthing serious.

I usually do press-ups every day though, I can do about 50, but I only do 20 a day, haha....Oh well, better then nothing.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

dragonsoon, doing as many as you can usually isnt a good habit if you are working out regularly.

it will be much more effective if you begin doing a specific number of reps. you can easily track your progress and increase reps when you need to.

Sorreh sorreh didn't phrase it properly.And didn't read till now,so late reply o.0

I meant like I know I can do say 100 push-ups.So I do them,but I feel I can do more.I do as many as I can,pushing for a nice number,say 110.That becomes my new standard.

My neck has the biggest muscles,from all the swift tilting I do to make that crack sound,too.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I usually do press-ups every day though, I can do about 50, but I only do 20 a day, haha....Oh well, better then nothing.

Why not do 3 sets of 20? That's what I do if I don't go to the gym (crappy one though)

Why not do 3 sets of 20? That's what I do if I don't go to the gym (crappy one though)

I remember my push-up days. I was so light back then and worked so hard I could do sets of 30 without breaking a sweat, and eventually I did about 420 pushups a day in sets of 35, but I got bored of it and stopped :cry:

Bench 160lbs I am 15, 5"6, and under 150lbs. Anyways working out is awesome but you have to do it a lot to notice any differences. What is wrong with someone being tired after gym class? I do 3 miles, 100 pushups, 100 pull ups, and 100 sit ups for gym every other day, have being doing that for one year and am still tired everyday after gym, though running an 11.00 100m is worth it.

Retired from Runescape September 1, 2008

Meh it seems to be more of a matter of consistency. 3 times a week, about an hour every workout is good (they say over an hour is pushing it...)

I use the website www.stronglifts.com, a great website with pretty valuable advice. I follow stronglift's variation of the "5x5" program. To summarize it involves barbell exercises in which you increase the weight every workout (which is why its hard for me, I don't have much experience in lifting and im still tryin to get the form down which is very important... especially with the squat, the king of all exercises)

It's 5x5 because it's 5 sets, 5 reps for each exercise. More info on stronglifts (the 5x5 beginner's strength program).

I'm basically just starting back up though...today was my first day back to the gym in weeks. I startedit a few months ago but thanks to surgery and laziness in the summer I ended up slacking every week. Does anyone here take whey protein? I started trying a new brand today (optimum nutrition or ON, chocolate flavor) It's not that good, but it's not that bad. Nutritionwise it's a nice 30ish grams of fast-digesting protein that is great for drinking after working out.

Ah I swear there was another topic on working out that I posted on like a couple months ago... so I'm basically repeating myself here lol.

sig3bh7.png

Hmm.. I read a post about someone who does cardio for 30 minutes and 20 minutes for weights and sometimes doesn't find the motivation.. here is my advice. Happens to me.

When you are out of total motivation, think of times when people have looked down to you, ignored you, or made fun of you because of how you look. Think of things you really wanna show off doing when you get in the shape you want to be in. Think of the moment you want to impress that special someone and how you're going to do it. I think of moment when people have not talked to me or ignored me.

How very shallow.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Hmm.. I read a post about someone who does cardio for 30 minutes and 20 minutes for weights and sometimes doesn't find the motivation.. here is my advice. Happens to me.

When you are out of total motivation, think of times when people have looked down to you, ignored you, or made fun of you because of how you look. Think of things you really wanna show off doing when you get in the shape you want to be in. Think of the moment you want to impress that special someone and how you're going to do it. I think of moment when people have not talked to me or ignored me.

How very shallow.

I agree that working out for the opposets sex's attention is shallow. However working out and shaping your body to show others that you are capable of more than what they take you to be, and then being proud of your accoplishments, dispite the advercity, is not shallow. I think its rather motivational.

I agree that working out for the opposets sex's attention is shallow. However working out and shaping your body to show others that you are capable of more than what they take you to be, and then being proud of your accoplishments, dispite the advercity, is not shallow. I think its rather motivational.

Ya, for like three minutes. Then you get 50% to failure and just go "f this" 'cause you're not even doing it for your own well being, but rather for showing off.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Ya, for like three minutes. Then you get 50% to failure and just go "f this" 'cause you're not even doing it for your own well being, but rather for showing off.

Maybe thats your story, but i lost my extra weight and leaned out and now im building and i can see results, and in the begining it was for a girl, and to prove that im not what people have always taken me to be, but now its soley for myself. And im commited.

I hate it when I see a pretty girl with some lame dude with pimples all over his face and he isn't that good looking -_-

personallity perhaps? sadly the whole world is revolved round looks, explaining my single-nss.

on to the topic: i dont work out at all as i have never had the time nor' motivation. at the moment however i have realised i cant rely on my weak stature for a while. so im TRYING to start but with my exams, work, multiple 18th parties etc is horribly hard. =\

(not to mention the closest GYM here is a dump)

Popoto.~<3

How very shallow.

I think we're all shallow to a point, though we don't like to admit it.

Also.. Started a small workout today. Sparred with my brother, his friend, and my dad for a total of nearly an hour today (almost non-stop). I felt amazing after it but I've got some nasty blisters on my toes so this might be difficult. I'd rather spar for an hour than run for 30 minutes..

How very shallow.

I think we're all shallow to a point, though we don't like to admit it.

Also.. Started a small workout today. Sparred with my brother, his friend, and my dad for a total of nearly an hour today (almost non-stop). I felt amazing after it but I've got some nasty blisters on my toes so this might be difficult. I'd rather spar for an hour than run for 30 minutes..

I haven't seen a single more shallow person than the OP. He didn't even mention working out for your own personal benefit towards health :wall: . Doing something just for approval of another is never the right thing.

TETsig.jpeg

despite the "shallowness" of the OP, this topic is about working out. stop flaming the OP please.

school just started today for me. with school then work directly afterward, i cant find time to go the gym early in the morning like i did all summer. now ill be going at night around 7:30.

always the extremes haha.

despite the "shallowness" of the OP, this topic is about working out. stop flaming the OP please.

school just started today for me. with school then work directly afterward, i cant find time to go the gym early in the morning like i did all summer. now ill be going at night around 7:30.

always the extremes haha.

I don't know if you should be going every night of the week, maybe just on Monday and Friday if possible. Remember to never let anything get in the way of your studies. Knowledge lasts a lifetime, but a physical muscle can be destroyed after a few weeks.

TETsig.jpeg

I don't know if you should be going every night of the week, maybe just on Monday and Friday if possible. Remember to never let anything get in the way of your studies. Knowledge lasts a lifetime, but a physical muscle can be destroyed after a few weeks.

Muscle seems to last longer than knowledge from my own experience.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.