All Microhelper Problems Go Here

Errdoth

looked up loop half of key in itemdatebase and when u left click on the links in used it will transport u to tip.it main site

so i had to reload runescape to be able to use the item finder again

i use ff 3.0.5 and work with windows vista standard detail

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was using it before and it worked (in standard detail, low res one), you couldn't search for a new bestiary monster after you had already searched one because it said "Not Found".

Now all I get is a white screen error. After this I uninstalled the add-on and tried greasemonkey + that file but all it did was remove the home & kb search bar put there by JaGeX.

I am having no problem searching a new monster after an old one. Please be sure you have the latest version of the microhelper. Please post more details about the bestiary problem (like what your search terms are) if it continues.

For some reason I can't play RuneScape with the Microhelper. Sometimes they both work perfectly, but there are occasions were I can see the microhelper but only a white screen behind it.

Running Firefox 3 as well as the Microhelper for HD.

I had this also, and here are two things that worked: One was shutting down Firefox and then restarting. Today it wasn't happy even after the restart. So I just keep reloading the page - and it did finally load up without the error message after several tries. I'm not saying this is ideal but it *does* work for me.

looked up loop half of key in itemdatebase and when u left click on the links in used it will transport u to tip.it main site

so i had to reload runescape to be able to use the item finder again

This is my fault personally, lol. This specific item record has links in the Use field, which isn't part of our items database protocol to start with. So the link you clicked wasn't expected and the software didn't like it. We can see if Errdoth wants to write in exceptions for this, or if I should just go clean up my links. :oops:

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

1st. Would you PLEASE put the combat levels next to the mosters with/instead of "zombie -4-" there are HUGE numbers of zombies/scellatons and other monsters with more than one that are different cbl's

2nd DON't use the tip.it official bestiary text this is why... (I clicked on a "visit the strong hold map here")

[hide=dumb microhelper]dumbmicrohelper.png

O.o[/hide]

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

1st. Would you PLEASE put the combat levels next to the mosters with/instead of "zombie -4-" there are HUGE numbers of zombies/scellatons and other monsters with more than one that are different cbl's

2nd DON't use the tip.it official bestiary text this is why... (I clicked on a "visit the strong hold map here)

[hide=dumb microhelper]dumbmicrohelper.png

O.o[/hide]

These two are fixed in what will be the next release. We're currently working on somehow fitting an IRC client in it, but other than that, everything else is done. :|

For some reason the microhelper can't steal the text focus from RuneScape. Whenever I try to type something (either in the main bar or the box over the inventory) it sends all text to the RS chatbox. Also, it won't appear over the game window in fullscreen, only in full browser.

By the way, I'm running 64 bit Ubuntu Intrepid and using the still in testing Sun Java 6 update 12 with 64 bit browser plugin. It's only very recently that RuneScape is able to run with this Java, so perhaps the microhelper just isn't compatible as well?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
well i have more of a suggestion then a problem.. dont have the names so sensative? like if i hit in satna.. let it pull up santa... and also.. when i scroll down with mouse or anything its waaay too sensative it scrolls down like 3 full pages.. just tryin to help.. i love the prog btw.

If you configure your mouse settings in control panel -> mouse -> wheel, you can change the speed at which your mouse scrolls through pages. Can't do anything about the spelling though.

Hope I helped. ::'

Every time i open rs, or after i click free member or member firefox and internet closes right after i click that button how can i get my computer to stop that?

well i have more of a suggestion then a problem.. dont have the names so sensative? like if i hit in satna.. let it pull up santa... and also.. when i scroll down with mouse or anything its waaay too sensative it scrolls down like 3 full pages.. just tryin to help.. i love the prog btw.

If you configure your mouse settings in control panel -> mouse -> wheel, you can change the speed at which your mouse scrolls through pages. Can't do anything about the spelling though.

Hope I helped. ::'

Well, it'd be easy to split the search string into separate letters and grab all resulting matches that way but the search itself would be slightly slower.

09144a99bb.png

• 2 weeks later...

The 0 gp thing may have only been temporary while a site was down, unless you have experienced this over a long period of time.

zelot444, I had this problem, and found that if I hit Reload on my browser a few times then it would load runescape. However, if you wish to uninstall it, in Firefox go to the Tools Menu and click Add-Ons. You will see all of your add-ons listed, and you can click the button to uninstall it.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

I have no idea what is wrong with the program but when i downloaded it i got a message below the toolbars the said"Error, click for details". i did all of the troubleshooting processes but nothing worked, finally i just shut it off. Is the program only compatable with firefox2 or can it work with firefox3, which is what i have.

Firelord2220.png

That error click for details happens to me some times, it's not the Microhelpers fault it's something to do with Java. I get that message trying to log into various different things on Runescape as well. Just refresh the page, that works most of the time.

howlin1eeveesig.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a suggestion, I'm not sure if it is possible to be done but I think it'd be a helpful one.

I for one always forget to do stuff like Tears of Guthix and few other daily tasks set in game. So my idea was for a Calendar/Notepad option. Now in this option You'll have a split screen access where you'll be able to click to open up the Calendar or the Notepad. The Notepad can be used to keep notes say of what drops you got what you just did or whatever you want to put in there.

The calendar I think would be great if we could set events on a certain date in our calendar at certain times (The time will be based off the time we use on your PC maybe there's a way Firefox can recognize it since it is a Firefox extension? I don't know) and at those times to remind us you can maybe have the Microhelper flash a certain color? Or put an aura around it and have it glow or something to alert us that we got something we set up to do?

xxteargodxx.png

• 2 weeks later...
In planners, you can not change anything in the 'type' box - the 'type' box will show what you select but the atuall planner stays at the original content.

I'm also having this problem. I can't change the category to what I want in any of the planners. Also, the items on the list don't reflect my level in the skill. Only the level 1 options are green.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

any way to make the microhelper useful in the sense that my computer is fine to run in high def full screen mode but as soon as i activate the microhelper the game lags horribly and does not stop until i close the bar? Question: how do i make the microhelper not lag my computer to death

OTMSigXD.png

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this had been said, and I'm not going to read 97 posts.. But.. The "planners" doesn't work at all for me

And I often have to type in my name and press the "Grab" button twice before it appears.

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

any way to make the microhelper useful in the sense that my computer is fine to run in high def full screen mode but as soon as i activate the microhelper the game lags horribly and does not stop until i close the bar? Question: how do i make the microhelper not lag my computer to death

Are you absolutely sure that it's microhelper making your computer lag?

C2b6gs7.png

The Microhelper would be even better if it could be resizable easily by the player. Having one static image does not work well when everyone plays on a different resolution and screen size.

As a novice web designer myself I looked into how that would work and found someone had already created a script. A company called twinhelix made a script and it is free to use under the creative commons GNU license. The address follow: http://www.twinhelix.com/javascript/dragresize/.