1 September 2008 - Behind the Scenes - September

Xecer

[hide=Zemoreagal]attack_800x600.jpg[/hide]

http://www.runescape.com/img/main/kbase ... 00x600.jpg

yeah I'm pretty sure I misspelled his name but.. whatever.

Looks like we'll be meeting this guy soon.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! When after posting it I realized it too. They've been planning this quest for like, forever.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

honestly, what the purpose of losing items in CW if you dont even get any loot?

i know who the hell would risk thier items for nothing in return. I highly doubt people will be using this option

You're ignorant if you think that. Pkers have asked for this specifically before. They want risk, even without losing. After all, Pking isn't about gaining new equipment. It's about making other people lose theirs.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

i know who the hell would risk thier items for nothing in return. I highly doubt people will be using this option

You're ignorant if you think that. Pkers have asked for this specifically before. They want risk, even without losing. After all, Pking isn't about gaining new equipment. It's about making other people lose theirs.

Which is PRECISELY why this is asinine. The majority of people won't want to use this option, as there is no reward for the risk, but some PKers will try to "rule-switch" and con unsuspecting players into fighting "dangerously." Yea, I know some asshat is going to say "dats der falt cuz dey dont reed da rulez!!!11" but that still doesn't make it right. It's the same principle as blaming the victims back when luring existed.

td2sig.jpg

Pkers would use it in Pker versus Pker matches for sure. And to combat rule switching I"m sure Jagex will put in that red exclamation mark from the trade windows.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Which is PRECISELY why this is asinine. The majority of people won't want to use this option, as there is no reward for the risk, but some PKers will try to "rule-switch" and con unsuspecting players into fighting "dangerously." Yea, I know some asshat is going to say "dats der falt cuz dey dont reed da rulez!!!11" but that still doesn't make it right. It's the same principle as blaming the victims back when luring existed.

Wrong. Every player sees the screen before they opt to join or observe the game, so someone is bound to see the change.

That being said, if you can con an entire clan into clan-warring with drop loot on, you may just be playing a clan of complete morons.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Most looking forward to clan wars update.

I hope there'd be castle wars- clan wars arena.

You know, a clan wars arena that looks and works like castle wars. So you could play castle wars without noobs ruining it.

You're actually on to something good here... it would be awesome if the different clan wars arenas were modelled on either existing mini-game maps or certain locations.

Imagine holding a clan war in an arena that looks like Varrock, or Castle Wars, or even some forested area that looks like Isafdar? That would certainly add something new to the game \'

compared to most of the updates ive seen this month is unimpressive, hopefully its something like construction when they made it seem uninteresting and it turned out to be great.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Meh. Not really that impressed, hope they don't screw it up...

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

Ok fine i give you that when i first started RS i litreally spent my 1st two years making pure ac[bleep]s and when they reached lvl 40 cb i would quit and make a fresh new acc. I loved low level pking and did it for the thrill. Then when i made this acc kingvictor13 i went over my 40 lvl cb range and got excitied when i saw that rune armor/weapons on the ground. That paid off alot instead of getting mind runes/ mith weapons lol. Let me ask u this would you risk lets say an ags that you spent months to get for nothing in return? I personally loved d bow speccing gs people in med crater and getting the occasional bgs from them and i must admit the loot makes pking alot better. Nothing better than knowing you pked someone elses stuff not a monsters.

kingvictor13.png

GWD Drops- Sara Swords-3 Sara Hilt-2 Zammy Hilt-1 Zammy Spears-3 Arma Helms- 2 Arma Skirt-2 Arma body-2

I gud Pk

Ok fine i give you that when i first started RS i litreally spent my 1st two years making pure ac[bleep]s and when they reached lvl 40 cb i would quit and make a fresh new acc. I loved low level pking and did it for the thrill. Then when i made this acc kingvictor13 i went over my 40 lvl cb range and got excitied when i saw that rune armor/weapons on the ground. That paid off alot instead of getting mind runes/ mith weapons lol. Let me ask u this would you risk lets say an ags that you spent months to get for nothing in return? I personally loved d bow speccing gs people in med crater and getting the occasional bgs from them and i must admit the loot makes pking alot better. Nothing better than knowing you pked someone elses stuff not a monsters.

People will use what they can afford to lose. For some people that's an ags. For others, it's a dark bow. People will use this mode.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Let me ask u this would you risk lets say an ags that you spent months to get for nothing in return?

No. Heck no.

But I might go into a steel war. Or a boxing match.

When Jagex posted the plan for the Clan Wars update, lots of people raised the obvious point that it's strange to have an option for dropping items if no-one gets the loot. The reply was something about how clan-members had asked for it, and they didn't mind supplying it.

If Jagex had refused to do dangerous clan wars - even without loot - and they'd given "People might go in it by accident and lose stuff" as their reason for refusing to have the option in the game, I think they'd be proving everyone right who claims that Jagex is dumbing down the game.

If it's not clear enough whether or not a battle is dangerous when the update arrives, we can demand that they make it clearer. They seem happy enough about installing warnings all over the place these days; I find it quite patronising sometimes.

People apparently asked for the item-loss option. Even if only 1% of players want it, that's still thousands and thousands of people who'd be happier for Jagex doing it. Okay, they might be statistically insignificant compared to everyone else who won't bother using it, but it still seems better to have the option available for those who do want it.

Meanwhile, we're getting run-ins! Now THAT's the interesting bit for me.

The randoms sound cool :) ability to mine faster :ugeek:

Am I the only one who didn't think that these were randoms, and just things like implings outside puro-puro?

Where did it mention that they were random events (apart from the second one, that sounds like a random event)

1yrb49.jpg

Any person who knows atleast a small bit about the clan world will know that the dangerous option is a welcome one.

After all, this is just like it was before, only without the looters :P .

What makes me cringe is the thought that if you return, you are not allowed to bank for food first. Leaving you without any healing. Thus making you a very very easy target to pile.

Then again, maybe they have heard the conversations of clanners from under their stone and they might have coded that part.

For all the people questioning why Jagex hasn't released the PvP worlds, Jagex is a bussiness. If a bussiness calls a deadline, it will be very close to that deadline, 2008 means the update has all possibility's of happening on the 20th of december.

Then again, if people still believe deadlines are of any importance to Jagex after they had proven that they haven't gotten rid of all the mess they made before the end of June, they are gullible and should start living in the real world.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Oh go they better not get rid of ALL the random events!

The gems are very useful and the Xp lamps/Knowledge book :P

Clan Wars- I'm guessing they might also put the random loot thing into the free for all one when they release Pk worlds? It could happen.

Spirit of Summer 2, oh great, that first one was pretty bad....

Can't complain though, the farm and pray xp were useful :D

And I though the Penguins to be a bit like Implings as well....Just more ninja on where they are.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

this update is sercretly an update for skillers and not pkers. whats the point of having the option to lose items in clanwars when you cant even loot them. thats just a pointless waste. :| its only good for skillers because the demand for pk supplies will go up. jagex just love skillers it seems. :roll:

this update is sercretly an update for skillers and not pkers. whats the point of having the option to lose items in clanwars when you cant even loot them. thats just a pointless waste. :| its only good for skillers because the demand for pk supplies will go up. jagex just love skillers it seems. :roll:

You don't bother reading threads before you post on them do you? Pkers asked for this mode, not skillers. They want this.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I like the dangerous option. My old clan had uniforms such as yak-hide clothing. No one wore it because it was so pathetic and cheap. But now, clan members will have to work together to make their armour, and make a supply to await future PvP dagerous battles. It's not like their going to risk rune or something if they have a chance at losing. :?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I thought the whole Skillers and Killers thing was a new minigame that wasn't out yet? Then again, I'm not very well educated about clan wars.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I thought the whole Skillers and Killers thing was a new minigame that wasn't out yet? Then again, I'm not very well educated about clan wars.

It's not. They still have to get their armour, they could just buy it at the GE. But I know my old clan would surely group everyone together to kill yaks and have a select number of people crafting the armour. But it'll probably be something like adamant as the norm, which would just be easier to buy. :cry: Still, I think clans will have much more fun with this.

hopesolopatriot.jpg