1 September 2008 - Behind the Scenes - September

Xecer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the random events thing looks lame

clan wars will be an improvement to the current system, depending on how the reward system works out it could be really awesome or just cool

I'm greatly looking forwards to the 2 quests, although they probably won't be as good as I hope, lol

The Distractions thing looks like another mundane, pointless minigame that will be overwhelmingly full the first few days and then totally empty thereafter.

The Penguin "thing" doesn't appear to be a mini-game rather sort of random events (focused in typical training ground maybe or occurs whenever you do extensive training?) like others have been saying. I don't enjoy "Power-Leveling" any skill as it's repetitive and if I'm going to spend an hour doing something I'd want it to be enjoyable/educational/varied.

Think about it. When you are chopping Magic Trees, you suddenly see a beak popping out of the tree. Quick investigate and you've found yourself a Penguin in Leletya! It will at least break the monotony of *Click* *wait for tree to stop producing logs* *watch out for random events* *click when tree respawns*.

Also We have to fight Arrav :shock: . I read the Legend of Arrav over and he will be leading a Mahjarrat's army into Varrock. Looks like we simply have to use the Shield of Arrav to "dispel" all of the enemies magic as well as to destroy his undead legions. Only wild card is Arrav. That's what'll be different. Once we kill him we will probably be thanked for releasing his soul from the bonds of the evil Zemouregal.

Behind the Scenes of the Behind the Scenes:

In the coming months, we'll be making some changes to the Behind the Scenes, offering you a more attractive look and a better idea of upcoming content. So, if you'd like a tour of what we've got in store, please read on...

The first change is screenshots. Instead of just telling you about our updates, we'll be bringing you images of them in glorious technicolour - and in RuneScape HD, of course.

We've also got plans to hint about future content, outside of the month's releases. The 'glimpse of the future' section will include handpicked updates that excite us, and that you'll be excited about too. So, what better way of getting you used to this new feature than producing one for this Behind the Scenes?

Did they forgot about this or am I missing something?

Yeah let's go riot in Varrock Square. :lol:

They said in the coming months.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I read the Legend of Arrav part I, II, III, and IV, and made some quick notes, a summary, and quotes on it. Was a fairly quick read and was pretty interesting. :P

Good amount of notes hidden: SPOILERS on the story if you want to read it yourself.

[hide=]Anonymous author, reprinted from the scroll named Arrav of Avarrocka, the Hero of Men.

Original date of writing unknown

.Arrav of Avarrocka, Curse of Goblins, Hunter of the White Stag, Child of Sun and Moon

Zemouregal of the Mahjarrat tribe

Arrav was a special child, his name came from a goblin curse, as he was the curse of goblins, he was a great hunter and warrior,

Arrav met Zemouregal in his sleep and the elders sent him on a quest to recover a shield

He took food for 7 days, met 3 people arguing in a house, went onward

At the foot of an icy peak he encountered the imcando dwarves

We are of the clan Imcando, known far and wide for our skills with weaponry,

arrav thought the dwarves were hiding something about the shield

"We know of this being who calls himself Zemouregal. For many years he has attempted to gain control of this shield, for it is a mighty artefact that will bring him great power against all races should he gain possession of it. Long ago we vowed that this must never happen, for we dwarves have memories of the time when gods walked this land, and do not wish to see such devastation return. Although we know you to be a man of great honour and courage, you cannot defeat Zemouregal, and we must never allow him the chance to gain control of such a powerful object. I fear that he has manipulated you and those you obey, and must ask you to leave as your continued presence here serves only to alert him to our settlement."

Arrav settled in a cave after wandering, and defeated a beast after 2 days of fighting, and wanted to go back home to Avarrocka(varrock)

When he arrived Avarrocka was burnt to the ground!

Finding the few survivors hidden in the tribe's sacred place to the east, Arrav took the strongest of the men and the swiftest of the boys, and set forth west, to the land that the goblins had claimed dominion over.

He found peace with the goblins, and no war would come again, they would also trade with each other.

He knew if Zemouregal came, he would not accept peace though.

He had a dream with Zemouregal saying he will come and destroy Avarrocka and all of mankind, Arrav awoke and ran off.

Arrav went to speak to the Imcando Dwarves chief.

The chief said he will destroy dwarves too, and arrav was the only one who could stop this evil, so they gave him the shield.

War began and skeletons and zombies were there and arrows and shadow, etc.

the chief said: 'The spells of this shield shall protect you from any magicks the Mahjarrat can summon. This is why Zemouregal wants it: if he could possess it he could defeat any of his tribe. The Mahjarrat are a solitary and jealous race and always desire to topple each other, to enslave one another. Take this shield with you and Zemouregal shall have no power over you.'

Arrav sacrifices himself to save his village/city of Avarrocka.

Zemouregal says he will be back someday, and kills Arrav.

Final Paragraph of Part IV:

We remember Arrav for his sacrifice. We remember that his fate was not of his choosing, and we remember him as an example to all of us; for though he was stronger and faster than any other mortal, his strength of spirit and his compassion can be that of any man. We remember Arrav, too, because we must always be prepared for his return, sad though it shall be.

Arrav finally broke from the army and looked upon Zemouregal. The mahjarrat was not as tall as Arrav, but in his hand held a sword made of shadow and smoke.[/hide]

Looks like an awesome month, especially the quests. I don't care about the Clan Wars update at all, but it should be good for those who do.

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

I can't wait:

1)Sequel and ending to SoS! Soul altar, anyone?

2) Defending Varrock. Can you seriously say you wouldn't want to take part in a war for the survival of mankind, or at least Varrock's citizens?

3)Clan Wars: I'm not that much in this type of things, but it shou;d be great.

WarBlastoise.png

The distractions and diversions are minigames that randomly spawn around the world. The Varrock update is a quest, rs forums quickfind code: 16-17-197-57540666.

Looking forward to the Varrock quest (Hello Mahjarrat storyline!!) and I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the Spirit of Summer.

Dark_Jab.png

a pm to player b

"omg i found dragon impling!!!!"

player b pm back

"omfg i found a pinguin!!!! sorry find someone else :P "

:lol:

all sounds good, i look forward to SOS2 because they said we're actually gonna fight it somehow (and maybe even defeat him - another 24 hours thing like jade vine and bork killing?)

after i read the great spoliers of arrav, that's sound good varrock guest :D i can't wait to fight that zemurgul (didn't spelled right), arrav, or even get his shield wich we'll need in the 150th quest :shock:

castle wars - only enjoyed there few hours with friends...but i won't mind mass fighting 8-)

but...why don't anyone talk about the circuss? not sounds rewardable, but sounds funny \:D/

too bad school is back (i prefer the wildy on him) lol :cry:

want_a_box.png

Distractions and Diversions seem to be just random events, but the fact that they have a special name suggests that the old random events will be no more... And, of course, the three they listed are probably not the only ones out there. I, for one, will miss the old events, but these sound awesome.

I'm not very much into PvP, so the Clan Wars update doesn't affect me much, but any update like this should be good. And to all those people complaining about unlootability; come on! They said you couldn't loot when they mentioned it last month! And if you could loot, RWT much? There'll probably be one of those "random reward" things for killing people in a risky environment, though. Otherwise people wouldn't use it.

Summer's End? Only two parts to the Summer series? Oh well. Still, I look forward to it. And people seem to be missing something:

a skill-based battle

I know you combat peoples won't like it, but it'll add some variety to boss fights. Hmm, what will that be like? And they said "the rewards and the family's heartwarming smiles will definitely be worth it." I, for one, would like a stronger ring. Spirit realms are fun, even if they are a bit impractical. You guys think WAY too much about materialism and XP. ::'

And, of course, another big quest. We'll have to fight an undead Arrav, probably, and use his shield to defend Varrock. It'll certainly require All Fired Up, possibly you have to have lit and tested some of them too. (6 seems like the right number for this; it's not the epic quest, it doesn't need epic reqs.) And remember the Chaos anagrams? "Varrock is under attack." Well, that's fairly clear. But: "Legends must rise again." Does that mean Legend's Quest II, or does it mean Arrav coming back? Hmmm.... by the way, has anybody here played the new Funorb game: "Zombie Dawn"?

Y'all expect too much. Two big bossy quests, a rework of the whole random events system, AND a massive improvement to a PvP minigame? And that's not enough? This is a slow, lame month?! :lol:

Proud member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

Flobberdude.png

Goals: Quest cape, skill range 10 or less, all stats above 60. (Although yes, I am aware that in order to do the first two, I have to do the third.)

----

I am sick and tired of people asking me to put stuff in my signature. If you agree with me, do NOT put this in your signature.

The BTS doesn't say anything about removing the old random events. They're just releasing some new things to make training a bit more interesting. I'd expect them to write a lot in the BTS about removing random events when that update finally happens; they know it's something people have been screaming for, and we know Jagex isn't shy about advertising updates when they think we'll like them!

So much of the response to this BTS, at least on the RSOF, has been "this stinks, we wanted the PVP worlds".

It's nice to see Jagex being open about what they're planning for the future, but it's sure generating a lot of bad feeling.

Clan Wars sounds good, especially the free-for-all arena thing. Pity about the lack of loot, but we'll get the PVP worlds for that eventually.