Buying BGS/DFS?

craven_range

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, this is just sad tbh. these ppl are like evil corporations, using their wealth to make obscene profits when they clearly are rich enough. i can only hope jagex gets to use its banhammer.....

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

wow, this is just sad tbh. these ppl are like evil corporations, using their wealth to make obscene profits when they clearly are rich enough. i can only hope jagex gets to use its banhammer.....

And how exactly are they breaking any rules?

Jealous much? :roll:

Its not breaking any of the rules. Manipulators to Jagex are like the same way they see pures, they are not wanted but they can't be banned without breaking the rules. So they make changes. For example, when a level 85 quest requirement was made for Dream Mentor and the GE buying limits.

Its not breaking any of the rules. Manipulators to Jagex are like the same way they see pures, they are not wanted but they can't be banned without breaking the rules. So they make changes. For example, when a level 85 quest requirement was made for Dream Mentor and the GE buying limits.

Jealous of scum like them? never. Even if its not against the rules, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

What I don't get is why people don't simply join the manipulators instead of flaming them.

Honestly, if I had a huge pile of cash (I probably only have 70M combined cash and items), I would be trying to manipulate left and right. You might as well rake in millions more a day while you have a lot of cash already.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

*Bank finds your total net worth*

"Sorry, you must have under a 50 million value to buy a Bandos Godsword!"

:?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Just think about it, in a long shot, we are helping you, we heighten prices for a short while from its base price, then after the smart ones act first others panic and sell to over flood, which then makes the original price slower for your needs to afford it.

I mean why buy a bgs at 30mil when you will soon be able to get one for 19mil :D.

Honestly, 90% of the acidy cc has no clue what they're doing. Buy x!!!! (spammed 10 times).

when do i sell!?

sell at x price

they take it as an absolute truth.

I agree. They are attempting ranarrs. But those are so easily obtained, I would really like to see how that works out.

EDIT: All people trying to buy out ranarrs were kicked. So it's not happening.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

^Yeah. How do you buy out ranarrs? Just thought of that.. I just "brought" 20 into the game today from an aberrant task.Hm.. what do I want to do to those idiots..

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

^Yeah. How do you buy out ranarrs? Just thought of that.. I just "brought" 20 into the game today from an aberrant task.Hm.. what do I want to do to those idiots..

[hide=] [/hide]

Lol. Anyways, they're buying out Sara Bracers, D Boots, and D Legs now. Bracers are being dumped at 320k. D boots/legs, I'm unsure. Dragon Axes, while I'm not sure it was them, are already bought out and being dumped in a few days. Glad I saw they were rising and bought 30. O:) Don't expect to buy them real cheap for a few days.

SS will crash at 8-8.5M

AGS is being slightly manipulated, but not everyone can afford one, some called it off, some are still buying. Most say it's stabilizing.

Guthan's has been somewhat agreed to go to 7M

Robins are going to 2.2-2.5M

Armadyl, all items up 2M, then dumped.

That's really all I could make out so far.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

[hide=]

[/hide]

Yes I agree, its pretty dam stupid to buy or p pots and materials, I mean the attempt on brews would have better success even though it failed and loads are selling brews for lowest price. Most of them are like sheep.

And no price is really *agreed* on.

[hide=]

[/hide]

Yes I agree, its pretty dam stupid to buy or p pots and materials, I mean the attempt on brews would have better success even though it failed and loads are selling brews for lowest price. Most of them are like sheep.

And no price is really *agreed* on.

They already dumped brews. And you're right. One person dumps early, and then everyone else follows.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Price manipulation using the ge is entirely Jagex's fault. Obviously they couldn't create a decent system. The grand exchange is just begging to be manipulated. I fail to see how this is bad, evil, or whatever [cabbage] you people are saying. The only time I buy armour/weapons is when I want to keep it. That's the best way to do things. Also when I can make a suitable profit out of it (like I did with these recent item fluctuations).

Pray pots will work though

I've already bought 20k ranarrs and 20k pray pots and will buy another 10k of each today.

When people see them up massively, all of rs will start trying to buy. Viola, it will have worked.

I certainly won't be one of them. The only way to truly make sure money is acting before others.

Pray pots will work though

I've already bought 20k ranarrs and 20k pray pots and will buy another 10k of each today.

When people see them up massively, all of rs will start trying to buy. Viola, it will have worked.

I certainly won't be one of them. The only way to truly make sure money is acting before others.

Exactly, that's why you buy something *then* spam acidy chat to get the swarm of people to buy it too.

blizaga57.png

I detest merchants, for this reason. They screw the average person but benefit themselves, much like the robber barons of the Gilded Age of America. I wish Jagex had a way to identify them and ban them. It'd be healthy for the economy, as it'd remove vast amounts of money from the game, along with greedy money-mongering bastards. But Jagex has some misguided notion that merchants actually HELP the economy. :roll:

thats like the most flawed reasoning ive ever seen, so basically, for example im 99 slayer and made about 400m from slayer drops and i stop playing and when i come on i just sit there and chill with friends, and i buy something and merchant it. i get banned? you cant be banned for merchanting, just as well as you cant be arrested for being in the stock market, if that were the case, imagine where the economy would be right now.

I do invest in the stockmarket.

There are laws against this type of thing in the real world.

Like what? If these could be implemented in some way on the GE it would help a ton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_manipulation

Market manipulation is prohibited under Section 9(a)(2)[2] of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and in Australia under Section s 1041A of the Corporations Act 2001. The Act defines market manipulation as transactions which create an artificial price or maintain an artificial price for a tradable security.

Pools

"Agreements, often written, among a group of traders to delegate authority to a single manager to trade in a specific stock for a specific period of time and then to share in the resulting profits or losses."[3]

Runs

"When a group of traders create activity or rumors in order to drive the price of a security up." An example is the Guinness share-trading fraud of the 1980s. In the US, this activity is usually referred to as painting the tape[4].

Bear raid

"Attempting to push the price of a stock down by heavy selling or short selling."[6]

Sound familiar?

EDIT: SEC- securites exchange commission - http://www.sec.gov/about/laws.shtml

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

[hide=]

I detest merchants, for this reason. They screw the average person but benefit themselves, much like the robber barons of the Gilded Age of America. I wish Jagex had a way to identify them and ban them. It'd be healthy for the economy, as it'd remove vast amounts of money from the game, along with greedy money-mongering bastards. But Jagex has some misguided notion that merchants actually HELP the economy. :roll:

thats like the most flawed reasoning ive ever seen, so basically, for example im 99 slayer and made about 400m from slayer drops and i stop playing and when i come on i just sit there and chill with friends, and i buy something and merchant it. i get banned? you cant be banned for merchanting, just as well as you cant be arrested for being in the stock market, if that were the case, imagine where the economy would be right now.

I do invest in the stockmarket.

There are laws against this type of thing in the real world.

Like what? If these could be implemented in some way on the GE it would help a ton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_manipulation

Market manipulation is prohibited under Section 9(a)(2)[2] of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and in Australia under Section s 1041A of the Corporations Act 2001. The Act defines market manipulation as transactions which create an artificial price or maintain an artificial price for a tradable security.

Pools

"Agreements, often written, among a group of traders to delegate authority to a single manager to trade in a specific stock for a specific period of time and then to share in the resulting profits or losses."[3]

Runs

"When a group of traders create activity or rumors in order to drive the price of a security up." An example is the Guinness share-trading fraud of the 1980s. In the US, this activity is usually referred to as painting the tape[4].

Bear raid

"Attempting to push the price of a stock down by heavy selling or short selling."[6]

Sound familiar?

EDIT: SEC- securites exchange commission - http://www.sec.gov/about/laws.shtml

[/hide]

=D> THANK YOU!!!!

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

It's not really any different in rs, it's just that the ge has flawed mechanisms.

A stock goes up by 50% due to speculation:

end result: buyable at 1.5x the start price at the end of the day

An item on the ge goes up by 50% due to speculation:

end result: unbuyable for 10 days

blizaga57.png

They just need to make the trade ammounts limits even smaller, like, only 2 of the same 10M+ Item every 10 hours would stop it pretty much.

And could go like QP and Trade Limits,

10M+ 2 / 10 hours

7M+ 4/10 Hours

5M+ 5/10 Hours, etc...

(No other reason than merchanting / manipulating price on buying more than 2 of 10M+ item in that short period of time, anyways)

16185_s.gif

They just need to make the trade ammounts limits even smaller, like, only 2 of the same 10M+ Item every 10 hours would stop it pretty much.

And could go like QP and Trade Limits,

10M+ 2 / 10 hours

7M+ 4/10 Hours

5M+ 5/10 Hours, etc...

(No other reason than merchanting / manipulating price on buying more than 2 of 10M+ item in that short period of time, anyways)

Then we are back from where we started. Remember AGS getting stuck on the same price for decades? Yes, that does more bad to the economy then this.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

[hide=] [/hide]

Lol. Anyways, they're buying out Sara Bracers, D Boots, and D Legs now. Bracers are being dumped at 320k. D boots/legs, I'm unsure. Dragon Axes, while I'm not sure it was them, are already bought out and being dumped in a few days. Glad I saw they were rising and bought 30. O:) Don't expect to buy them real cheap for a few days.

SS will crash at 8-8.5M

AGS is being slightly manipulated, but not everyone can afford one, some called it off, some are still buying. Most say it's stabilizing.

How do you know that? :?:

kingvictor13.png

GWD Drops- Sara Swords-3 Sara Hilt-2 Zammy Hilt-1 Zammy Spears-3 Arma Helms- 2 Arma Skirt-2 Arma body-2

I gud Pk

[hide=] [/hide]

SS will crash at 8-8.5M

How do you know that? :?:

a c i d y clanchat :roll:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg