Buying BGS/DFS?

craven_range

If so, wait a week. Why?

Organised price cartels such as the one in the [edit name] clan chat are mass buying items at the moment, namely BGS and DFS. Apparently, Two members alone bought over 80 BGS each, thought this is hearsay and i havn't witnessed this myself. If you want one of these items, make sure to wait and not buy now. Putting an offer in will only raise the demand further, making these people even more money.

Wait a week when they try to dump them.. making money for themselves and screwing over everyone else who bought into the idea, as everyone but the people with large amounts of BGS who sell first will struggle to sell after the BGS are dumped, even at min.

I will remind you that buying into these manipulations is bad. Only the few people who start dumping first will actually make money.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol "organized price cartels"

Hundreds of BGS are traded everyday, if not thousands, 80 of them is not going to make any difference in the economy

As soon as they make it public they are buying out BGS

2381_graphimg.gif?id=11696&scale=0

Notice any turn around on the blue line? The blue line is the daily price.

This is in wake of nearly every other high ticket item dropping like a ton of steel in water.

lol "organized price cartels"

Hundreds of BGS are traded everyday, if not thousands, 80 of them is not going to make any difference in the economy

You don't know Runescape.

hes correct in 1 way, if these players could target a drop by hording these items...well panic could ensue. Say these 160 BGS's are sold for min a week from now and they make 2mil off each. Now when they sell, and they actually are able to focus enough of them into the market and cause a drop in price for ONE day, panic.

thats all

The thing is, everyone thinks they are making alot of money when buying into these manipulations. This is not the case.. Two people buy 80 each, everyone else buys. Everyone else buying forces the price up higher.

The people with 80 each then sell, knocking out all the demand and knocking the price down. Everyone else who has thought they are making some money will be stuck with a bgs which is impossible to dump, even at min.

The Runescape market is feeble, and people are stupid. Look at what happened when jagex said "Hold on to your robin hats", everyone thought they were becoming discontinued and soon the price was huge!!

The people manipulating are also very smart, they bought out nests and sara brews, making it hard to hunt for bandos hilts also.

Don't take part in this type of manipulation. if you want a bgs, wait it out. I assure you, you will get one very cheap, very soon.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the exact same thing has been going on for a long time now with many various other items. Anytime you see a sharp price drop and a subsequent sharp price increase; it's because price manipulators with billions of GP are buying the item in massive quantities only to dump them later. Some random guy told me that that acidy guy had over 40 bil from price manipulating. I really am not inclined to believe him until I see it for myself... :lol: ... but I don't doubt the guy is insanely rich.

I guess all this means that Jagex's GE limitations failed to live up to their purpose. To prevent exactly this.

If I buy a bgs for 20mil, wait a week and take advantage of the increase in price and sell for like 29mil.. How is that bad for me?

illusioncardsig.gif

Scottien

Illusion Leader | Clan Europe Member | Team Nigeria Member | Ex BsE Leader | Ex MOD Member

126 F2P | 137 P2P

If I buy a bgs for 20mil, wait a week and take advantage of the increase in price and sell for like 29mil.. How is that bad for me?

It's not, unless you time it right. There is going to be a very small window of time between being too early to sell, and too late. If you miss the too late boat, then bad luck. Once everyone starts dumping (I assume over a thousand BGS have been bought as a result of the manipulation) you will have a hard time selling.

It's ridiculous how the market price is manipulated by rich people like this...

It's called a monopoly. They're not manipulating any thing, just squeezing the demand.

A lot of you really use the term manipulate incorrectly.

Care to elaborate?

If two players and their followers can buy out the BGS Market, then what else would you call it?

Squeezing demand is manipulating

It's ridiculous how the market price is manipulated by rich people like this...

It's called a monopoly. They're not manipulating any thing, just squeezing the demand.

A lot of you really use the term manipulate incorrectly.

1: to treat or operate with or as if with the hands or by mechanical means especially in a skillful manner

2 a: to manage or utilize skillfully b: to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage

3: to change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one's purpose

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/manipulate

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

One of the reasons why the Runescape economy is crashing are because of those people who buy items out. Its the main reason why things don't sell in the GE (Excluding junk traded items).

A good example is a man named "A C I D Y". His actual clan themselves easily can control the Runescape economy. They buy an item out, Wait a day or two when people are starting to want that item, They hold it for about a week or less and dump them all off. It causes and overproduction which makes the prices crash.

Its really sad seeing a BGS almost drop under 20m.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

At the end of the day, these people are just greedy. I'm not talking about your casual merchant, but more the people who seek to unnaturally control prices to suit their own pockets. Price Manipulation at it's worst.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

Again, a case of the rich get richer, this time with added "and everyone else gets screwed in the resulting chaos". It's sad, the G.E was meant to bring about an end to price manipulation, instead it's just let the richest players control everything to a point where it's unwise to buy expensive items, lest you fall into the price manipulators trap.

Seriously, what kind of sad person gets enjoyment out of watching everyone suffer as the items they have spent ages trying to aquire become worthless? They obviously already have more money than they'll ever need, so it's now just a fun game for them to see how badly they can screw people over.

blazesigbq9.jpg

Again, a case of the rich get richer, this time with added "and everyone else gets screwed in the resulting chaos". It's sad, the G.E was meant to bring about an end to price manipulation, instead it's just let the richest players control everything to a point where it's unwise to buy expensive items, lest you fall into the price manipulators trap.

Seriously, what kind of sad person gets enjoyment out of watching everyone suffer as the items they have spent ages trying to aquire become worthless? They obviously already have more money than they'll ever need, so it's now just a fun game for them to see how badly they can screw people over.

Greedy people do. And i hate how the game has gone when it comes to market.

Sad this happened the day I got the money for BGS :roll:

Hope Jagex finds a way to stop this

They could change the amount of times price changes happens, by losing the price restrictions, hopefully it'll take less time to reach lowest/highest point and therefore a lot less people can jump and (ab)use it.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

A C I D Y's clan is buying out:

Arma Plate/skirt <---- Pretty sure these will be dumped at 12m each

bandos gs/tassets

Brews/nests <--- Dumping these at 8k each

Hope I helped some of you

Edit: Going to school now

Dayum :wall:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.