Buying BGS/DFS?

craven_range

Sirhemen why call them rich losers? They are just taking advantage of an already flawed system, the exchange has never been very good.

It's not hard to spot an item which is going to be brought out, just look at the exchange graphs. All I can say is its too bad for you that you didn't watch the market of an item you wanted to buy.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I detest merchants, for this reason. They screw the average person but benefit themselves, much like the robber barons of the Gilded Age of America. I wish Jagex had a way to identify them and ban them. It'd be healthy for the economy, as it'd remove vast amounts of money from the game, along with greedy money-mongering bastards. But Jagex has some misguided notion that merchants actually HELP the economy. :roll:

td2sig.jpg

Sirhemen why call them rich losers? They are just taking advantage of an already flawed system, the exchange has never been very good.

It's not hard to spot an item which is going to be brought out, just look at the exchange graphs. All I can say is its too bad for you that you didn't watch the market of an item you wanted to buy.

I didn't ask for Ge

I didn't ask to Runescape to be Dramatically to be changed: Ge update, Trade limit, BH...

I merely did what i did: and that was to play fair.

As for those players who take advantage of the system: i have 2 times got a great idea on my mind, and that idea is not to earn "More cash" but to do something with bgs.

It happend once: and it happend twice. So of course i call them rich losers, cause they are so obsessed with the wealth. It's ruining the game for me and alot others.

As for "too bad for me". I don't care more about cash than other important stuff: game aspects,friends in game, fun, bosses.

About Flaw system: Ge...

It ruined my gaming so much. So i agree. But what can i do? All i can do is adapt....

Now "Manipulating" has arrived... :wall:

I'm not sure why they're getting so much flack; they're being smart, not 'ruining the economy'. And it's not all them... Some of it has to be attributed to the latest PVP world craze, and the fact that all of the high level markets crashed and are rebounding. Oh well, I bought a BGS a while ago and held on to it, and last night I got this:

dfsyv4.jpg

Now I don't know if I should keep or sell my dfs\bgs...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

That's true Comp, but i think most of it is cause of the Rich Investing Clans.

Anyhow sorry to be off topic: but would you like to sell me your bgs for 26.5m? I really am after it for a great idea and not to EARN cash.

Earn cash: that i can do at gwd with my team members :)

If no: thanks anyway =D> (not being sarcastic lol so u kno)

Dfs is like 17-18m in ge at the moment.

I sooo want one. :P

I sold mine for 20M with junk that is

It's situations like this that really prove how flawed the GE is. It's also situations like this that make me feel that I should boycott it and collect all of my supplies either myself, or from the forums. I don't think that what those players did is wrong. They have every right to use the GE to buy supplies. Hell, for all the GE cares, they're collectors who get bored with their collections very quickly, so they get rid of them. I blame the GE, and Jagex, for giving people the tools to do this.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

It's situations like this that really prove how flawed the GE is. It's also situations like this that make me feel that I should boycott it and collect all of my supplies either myself, or from the forums. I don't think that what those players did is wrong. They have every right to use the GE to buy supplies. Hell, for all the GE cares, they're collectors who get bored with their collections very quickly, so they get rid of them. I blame the GE, and Jagex, for giving people the tools to do this.

I understand the part where they need collection,but how many items you need to make collection?

1 bandos, 1 sara, 1 zamorak and 1 arma=Godsword collection...

5 Bandos, 5 sara, 5 zamora, 5 arma= is not collection = its to show off or earn more cash.

I understand the part where they need collection,but how many items you need to make collection?

1 bandos, 1 sara, 1 zamorak and 1 arma=Godsword collection...

5 Bandos, 5 sara, 5 zamora, 5 arma= is not collection = its to show off or earn more cash.

What a collection is, is up to the person collecting. If I felt that I need 200 Bandos Godswords to complete my collection of a large number of Bandos Godswords, then I would be COLLECTING and thus making a COLLECTION. My point was that the GE does not discern your motives. A group of people who come together to manipulate the GE have every right to do so, because the GE wont stop them.

And, I'm not arguing with you about what a collection is anymore.

dgs5.jpg

I never argued, that's discussing lol :o

And yeah i agree, this should be changed: about them having all right to do so.........no.

As for you collecting: yeah thats true and i totally agree with you on that. But with the prices being manipulated, i doubt thats collecting they are doing lol :o

I don't mean to say it's a good thing that they have the right to do so. It certainly hurts the lower class of players. But, they're not breaking any rules, they're just using the GE.

What they're doing is comparable to a deathmatch, where one of the players starts using prayer, and the other one flames him for it. Player B may not like what Player A is doing, but he DOES have prayer, and every right to use it.

EDIT: Actually, I take it back. Prayer isn't horribly broken.

dgs5.jpg

I don't mean to say it's a good thing that they have the right to do so. It certainly hurts the lower class of players. But, they're not breaking any rules, they're just using the GE.

What they're doing is comparable to a deathmatch, where one of the players starts using prayer, and the other one flames him for it. Player B may not like what Player A is doing, but he DOES have prayer, and every right to use it.

Thats very true. But when it comes to market, then it's a other matter #-o

[hide=]

lol "organized price cartels"

Hundreds of BGS are traded everyday, if not thousands, 80 of them is not going to make any difference in the economy

As soon as they make it public they are buying out BGS

2381_graphimg.gif?id=11696&scale=0

Notice any turn around on the blue line? The blue line is the daily price.

This is in wake of nearly every other high ticket item dropping like a ton of steel in water.

[/hide]

Sorry but a handful of people in a clanchat can't make that type of change. The change was already happening, and they took notice of it. You make it sound like these people bought 160 BGSs then suddenly everyone on Runescape decided to follow them, jump in their bandwagon, and buy BGSs. Most people don't even have the money for one sword. What's most likely: They anticipated the BGS would go up by knowing the market well and this is why it went up, or they invented a lie saying it would go up that everyone on Runescape believed and people bought hundreds upon hundreds of them and that created the price change? The people who would do whatever somebody says unquestionably are not the kind of people who have the money to buy god swords.

It takes about 400M to take monopoly of a cheap item. Meaning buying all active items (all those that are being traded everyday). Do you even realize the amount of money it would take to even make a scratch on the BGS market? Billions.

There's a nice guide about investing on tif, you ought to read it out, it's just annoying to see you speak nonsense and people actually believing you. Actual investing exists, in resides in anticipating what the market will do, not in tricking people.

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=746893&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

They are within the rules, even if what they are doing is considered to be wrong by some people. People still crowd monster spots, crash at DKs and play discourteously whilst Hunting. We can't do anything about that, or this. All we can do is play to how we feel is right and try to set an example of nice behaviour to other people.

Two things hit me reading this thread-

God, Jagex are really stupid and can't understand where they are going wrong with their GE system.

God, Tip.it members must be really poor and uninformed.

Rich people are not greedy. They are not trying to ruin the market nor someones gaming experiance. What they are is smart, taking advantage of a flawed system Jagex stupidly forced upon them. Noone asked for them to remove free trade and restrict all trades, and it was unthinkable to presume they could make their updates work as they were supposed to. They did it, now they are paying the price. What they updated initially was low supply item price change amounts- big amounts meant 3rd age and masks rarely updated and high end armor prices were stable- small amounts(the new system) means 3rd age and masks update frequently but high end armor and weapons are easy to be merchanted off. Win-Win situation for merchants(slow update means more cheap masks/3a), but a definite lose-lose for the boys in charge.

And Craven, your initial assumptions are wrong- BGS price only dropped so much because of jagex fiddling with their system and the snowball effect of selling dropping items. The right thing to do is to buy the items now and sell when they reach the top- everyone else is doing so anyway.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

lol "organized price cartels"

Hundreds of BGS are traded everyday, if not thousands, 80 of them is not going to make any difference in the economy

As soon as they make it public they are buying out BGS

2381_graphimg.gif?id=11696&scale=0

Notice any turn around on the blue line? The blue line is the daily price.

This is in wake of nearly every other high ticket item dropping like a ton of steel in water.

I think all ocean liners are made of steel and most definately are more than a ton... they are also boats so therefore transport things in water. I think you should have said, "dropping like a ton of steel, shaped in such a fashion that it is not buoyant unlike that of large sea-faring vessels, in water".

Then your statement would have had more weight behind it methinks.

Sig.jpg

I think all ocean liners are made of steel and most definately are more than a ton... they are also boats so therefore transport things in water. I think you should have said, "dropping like a ton of steel, shaped in such a fashion that it is not buoyant unlike that of large sea-faring vessels, in water".

Then your statement would have had more weight behind it methinks.

I lol'd.

dgs5.jpg

Even a bunch of people buying BGSes or other items cannot manipulate the price like that. Prices had to go up anyway, and yes, they will come down too later, which is normal as well. Telling people to wait a week is just stupid.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

I personally don't care what the price of the bgs is, I've always wanted one, and now that I do, i probably won't ever sell it. I love this sword :thumbsup: <3:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I personally don't care what the price of the bgs is, I've always wanted one, and now that I do, i probably won't ever sell it. I love this sword :thumbsup: <3:

Seriously? I recently bought one too (21M) and I'm not all that impressed. Might also be cause I'm skilling atm, and not fighting/slayering/dueling/GWD'ing/...

Seriously? I recently bought one too (21M) and I'm not all that impressed. Might also be cause I'm skilling atm, and not fighting/slayering/dueling/GWD'ing/...

Yup, once I get the goal I set (item-wise) I don't pay attention to the price. (Ex. d legs, boots whip. Didn't pay attention to the price much but I checked the price once in a while, like back when the whip was 1.6m, but I didn't sell it then.) It's a personal choice. :P

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Do you even realize the amount of money it would take to even make a scratch on the BGS market? Billions.

Yes, they can. Don't underestimate the wealth of A C I D Y and co.

God, Tip.it members must be really poor and uninformed.

I hope that wasn't aimed at me.

And Craven, your initial assumptions are wrong- BGS price only dropped so much because of jagex fiddling with their system and the snowball effect of selling dropping items. The right thing to do is to buy the items now and sell when they reach the top- everyone else is doing so anyway.

The BGS was already very boyoant before the G.E Update. The reason for the rise is becuase of these merchants, not the drop. You are gettint out of context here.

You're probably a friend of these "manipulators" and are just telling others to wait longer so the prices go even higher and they make more profit. :roll:

No, you are wrong. If i tell everyone not to buy, where does the demand go? DOWN. Less demand = lower prices. Next time you try to attack me, make sure your argument isn't flawed.