Buying BGS/DFS?

craven_range

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're probably a friend of these "manipulators" and are just telling others to wait longer so the prices go even higher and they make more profit. :roll:

No, you are wrong. If i tell everyone not to buy, where does the demand go? DOWN. Less demand = lower prices. Next time you try to attack me, make sure your argument isn't flawed.

And you think thousands of people are going to listen to you and you can actually influence the market? :roll:

Thousands of bgs/dfs are traded everyday. You stopping 10 people from buying one isn't going to do anything. if you can even get that many.

Qwerty1291.png

I once sold 50k raw monks that I had been saving for quite some time, all in one day. Lo and behold, the next day monks shot up 150gp...

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

And you think thousands of people are going to listen to you and you can actually influence the market? :roll:

Thousands of bgs/dfs are traded everyday. You stopping 10 people from buying one isn't going to do anything. if you can even get that many.

You clearly haven't looked at w2 GE today, nor attempted to put in an offer on a dfs or bgs at max.

I will add my two cents here since I am an insider to this particular movement.

Those who doubt that people can do this, here is what I know.

I have been a party to secret chats beyond places like A C I D Y, where the real big players are.

I have seen the market shut from a screaming wide open everbody selling at lowest price for DFS to selling rarely and only at max within a couple of hours.

I have seen people who claimed to have bought 80 -150 DFS.

These people are noted billionaires in the community.

I believe that the market was shut down initially on roughly 500 DFS purchases based on what I saw.

Over the course of 2 days probably 1000 DFS were purchased to cause the dramatic upswing we have now.

But I warn you, this is an extremely cut throat business.

Everybody says that they will sell at a set price, but do they really sell at that price?

Probably not since the real winners get there goods out just before the market is flooded.

You really can't trust anyone.

The people who succeed at this aren't necessarily smart, but they are crafty and quite devious.

This community trade goods like 3rd age items through the BH.

This is the darker side of runescape and it is quite fasicinating, so I won't devulge more for fear of losing access to it.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

You clearly haven't looked at w2 GE today, nor attempted to put in an offer on a dfs or bgs at max.

Dont worry, I already have 3 dfs and a bgs.

Qwerty1291.png

A C I D Y's clan is buying out:

Arma Plate/skirt <---- Pretty sure these will be dumped at 12m each

bandos gs/tassets

Brews/nests <--- Dumping these at 8k each

Hope I helped some of you

Edit: Going to school now

They're dumping nests 6k each actually.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

bandos gs/tassets

ahh crap i really hate when people do this they really are only locking up the market for me for the next 2-4 weeks

Y_Z.png

bandos gs/tassets

ahh crap i really hate when people do this they really are only locking up the market for me for the next 2-4 weeks

At first quote: Whatever brews at 8k nests 6 or whatever i should have said

Second quote: Not sure who you were talking to :-#

Michigander.png

bandos gs/tassets

im talking to myself+whoever reads it. what i mean is that the amrket of any item over 3m has basicly just been locked till 2 things happen

1. they dump the item

2. the price goes back to what it was yesterday

im still trying to get a ss so i can use it longterm to get over 10k crimsons at waterfiends

Y_Z.png

[hide=]

bandos gs/tassets

im talking to myself+whoever reads it. what i mean is that the amrket of any item over 3m has basicly just been locked till 2 things happen

1. they dump the item

2. the price goes back to what it was yesterday

[/hide] Ok well guess I'll leave this thread then

Btw don't buy blue berets theyre waiting for noobs to start trying to buy for max now

Michigander.png

I bought a BGS after being in said mentioned clan chat the day they started to rise again. Just sold it again today, instantly at max.

Probably going to regret selling it so soon, but I ain't complaining about a nice chunk of profit for no work at all.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

Whiny [bleep]es. You're just mad that you have to cut mages for minimum wage while people can log on for 30 mins, sit in a chat and buy a couple items. And in case you haven't noticed, it takes a bit longer for the item to drop the amount it rose, so it's helping you gwder for the period it's at it's peak.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

Crushed nests and saradomin brews are also being bought out, how do i know? well for one, i have insider trading basically and i started buying them when they did so its like i was in their clan basically, i sold 12k birds nests today for a profit of 7m lol, i kind of needed it though because i lost 10m trying to merchant on my own lol, i bought 2 bgs also but ended up only keeping one and ive made about 4m off it so far, ill probally dump it soon though, you only lose money and get stuck with the item if you get really greedy and try to maximize your profit, i dont really even play anymore i just like having large sums of gp in my bank lol

522 to 99 slayer

winner40.png

I detest merchants, for this reason. They screw the average person but benefit themselves, much like the robber barons of the Gilded Age of America. I wish Jagex had a way to identify them and ban them. It'd be healthy for the economy, as it'd remove vast amounts of money from the game, along with greedy money-mongering bastards. But Jagex has some misguided notion that merchants actually HELP the economy. :roll:

thats like the most flawed reasoning ive ever seen, so basically, for example im 99 slayer and made about 400m from slayer drops and i stop playing and when i come on i just sit there and chill with friends, and i buy something and merchant it. i get banned? you cant be banned for merchanting, just as well as you cant be arrested for being in the stock market, if that were the case, imagine where the economy would be right now.

522 to 99 slayer

winner40.png

[hide=]
lol "organized price cartels"

Hundreds of BGS are traded everyday, if not thousands, 80 of them is not going to make any difference in the economy

As soon as they make it public they are buying out BGS

2381_graphimg.gif?id=11696&scale=0

Notice any turn around on the blue line? The blue line is the daily price.

This is in wake of nearly every other high ticket item dropping like a ton of steel in water.

[/hide]

Sorry but a handful of people in a clanchat can't make that type of change. The change was already happening, and they took notice of it. You make it sound like these people bought 160 BGSs then suddenly everyone on Runescape decided to follow them, jump in their bandwagon, and buy BGSs. Most people don't even have the money for one sword. What's most likely: They anticipated the BGS would go up by knowing the market well and this is why it went up, or they invented a lie saying it would go up that everyone on Runescape believed and people bought hundreds upon hundreds of them and that created the price change? The people who would do whatever somebody says unquestionably are not the kind of people who have the money to buy god swords.

It takes about 400M to take monopoly of a cheap item. Meaning buying all active items (all those that are being traded everyday). Do you even realize the amount of money it would take to even make a scratch on the BGS market? Billions.

There's a nice guide about investing on tif, you ought to read it out, it's just annoying to see you speak nonsense and people actually believing you. Actual investing exists, in resides in anticipating what the market will do, not in tricking people.

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=746893&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

actually they can, and did, you know how i know? because i had 10k crushed nests about a week ago and they wouldnt sell on min. and they kept dropping, then the day they sold, was when acidy and another clan started buying them out, so i went and bought 12k nests for max, now if it was already happening, how come my nests wouldnt sell for min, but a few days later sell for max? ur logic is flawed and ur an idiot, and its not a handful of people its a large group and a bunch of their friends, say 100 people have 200m atleast and they buy bgs at 21m ea thats a handful of bgs, now alot of people have alot more than 200m in acidy, acidy alone bought 80 bgs and 80 tassets.

522 to 99 slayer

winner40.png

I detest merchants, for this reason. They screw the average person but benefit themselves, much like the robber barons of the Gilded Age of America. I wish Jagex had a way to identify them and ban them. It'd be healthy for the economy, as it'd remove vast amounts of money from the game, along with greedy money-mongering bastards. But Jagex has some misguided notion that merchants actually HELP the economy. :roll:

thats like the most flawed reasoning ive ever seen, so basically, for example im 99 slayer and made about 400m from slayer drops and i stop playing and when i come on i just sit there and chill with friends, and i buy something and merchant it. i get banned? you cant be banned for merchanting, just as well as you cant be arrested for being in the stock market, if that were the case, imagine where the economy would be right now.

I do invest in the stockmarket.

There are laws against this type of thing in the real world.

See, this is why I only buy armour and weapons that I probably won't ever re-sell. I bought my DFS at 23m, and my Bandos armour at 15m and 10m for the plate and tassets, respectively. I will most likely never buy a Godsword, because I probably won't keep it (I'm not a big fan of two handed weapons) and if I try to resell it it's probably dropped at least 10m because of these monopolies. My DFS and Bandos armour might drop a lot, but I use them all the time, mainly for slayer, and I like them, so I'll likely never sell them.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I do invest in the stockmarket.

There are laws against this type of thing in the real world.

Like what? If these could be implemented in some way on the GE it would help a ton.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

ALERT!

A C I D Y's clan chat is buying out the Grimy Ranarr market as we speak and they will dump around 7-8k. I also heard that a bunch of them are going to be making prayer pots out of them and selling those possibly.

[bleep] no. When merchanters mess with Slayers, there will be bloodshed.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.