Multi-Site Steel War 4 (Oct 18, 2pm Edt)

About the new location

Throughout the day i have been checking out the new PVP update, and wow Jagex really did a good job on this one. So good that i am changing the location of the event to the classical fight location and changing the team meeting areas to various safe zones within the game. On top of this there will also be a new after-party that will take the place of the tourney, not sure what it will be but any ideas would be greatly appreciated :D

sparta.png

Random Statistics

Based on the numbers, it appears as if this will mainly be a war between Tip.it and Pure Community, however the graphs are missing a critical element and that is RSC. It is difficult to judge how many people will attend for them due to the deletion of the topic, however at least some clan support is likely. These numbers also don't include strategy topics, so really any site could prevail :P

replies.png

views.png

MSSW4TI.png

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Srry I can't be there, but as an idea, maybe we should consider rune maces

-Everyone will be wearing plate mail, so we get a crushing bonus

-They are slightly slower then scimmy's, but give us a prayer bonus

-They are cheaper, and won't be as hard to replace if we die

Just an idea

What do you think?

(Also, I personally think they look gun!!)

Srry I can't be there, but as an idea, maybe we should consider rune maces

-Everyone will be wearing plate mail, so we get a crushing bonus

-They are slightly slower then scimmy's, but give us a prayer bonus

-They are cheaper, and won't be as hard to replace if we die

Just an idea

What do you think?

(Also, I personally think they look gun!!)

Rune Scimitars and Rune Battleaxes will always be used as main weapons, Rune 2h optional for that KO. Yet, since its speed is very close to the scimitar and offers a prayer bonus, it's worth considering.

P.S. In these type of cheap f2p wars, no one cares about saving an extra 1-5k ;).

If we're fighting in a PVP world, do we still wear our team-capes?

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

So it IS going to be in a pk world?? That'll certainly make it more interesting. The downside would be, that all that strategics and locational support has been wasted. Will we still meet up in edgeville, even though we could fight there?? Or will we meet up in edgeville in a safe world, and then change world?

Realize this.

MSSW3 was the last great war of the old wilderness.

MSSW4 will be the first great war of the new wilderness.

We're so 1337 8-)

I can't wait.

That is amazingly true. We should consider this as the first great war of our generation. Lets make this war so bloody, that everyone shall remember it as the One Great War! For Tip.it!!!!!

Critical issue addressed above:

If we meet in Edgeville in a PvP world, it could get a bit crazy. I am not sure if the Edgeville bank is a safe zone. I know several other banks are safe zones. If the Edge bank is safe, it's going to be funny with hundreds of peeps crammed into that tight space.

The GE might be a good place to meet since it has such a huge area compared to all other safe spots on PvP worlds. But, since you can't use the hole to crawl under the wall in a F2P world, that raises another logisitics issue.

I suggest the issues be discussed quickly and the initial post on this thread updated to reflect the recent changes.

Likely, I will be there. Wife will not be happy with me getting on at midnight, but oh well!

Compens.png

Critical issue addressed above:

If we meet in Edgeville in a PvP world, it could get a bit crazy. I am not sure if the Edgeville bank is a safe zone. I know several other banks are safe zones. If the Edge bank is safe, it's going to be funny with hundreds of peeps crammed into that tight space.

The GE might be a good place to meet since it has such a huge area compared to all other safe spots on PvP worlds. But, since you can't use the hole to crawl under the wall in a F2P world, that raises another logisitics issue.

I suggest the issues be discussed quickly and the initial post on this thread updated to reflect the recent changes.

Likely, I will be there. Wife will not be happy with me getting on at midnight, but oh well!

There is another fansite already meeting at the ge. Edgeville bank IS as safe area, and i highly doubt that anyone in a normal state of mind willl even think about trying to kill someone with a green cape on in edgeville. Getting piled by 500+ people will hurt :P

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Which PvP is used for the War?

Could it be, that someone isn't going to the MSSW and insted he comes with full rune and ownes all?

h and, I will be going to use a r2h and a rune scimmy.

Scimmy for quick attacks and r2h for offensive attacks. Using a r2h won't be bad, because a steel kite does not offer much def bonus. Only bad thing is, that it is very slow.

I gonna buy my stuff for the War now :)

bannerzi.gif

I have a quick question, regarding Clan Wars...

Do you actually have to be in a Clan to participate?

If so, someone needs to send me an invite. XD

In the meantime, I'm going to go train so I won't be PK bait. XD

Aside from Dwarven Mine, Barbarian/Goblin Village and Stronghold (which is where I normally train), where else is good?

(Oh, and I know that a visit up to Wildy is in order so I can work on some monsters there)

I think there is some confusion here. I thought it was being moved from clan wars to a yet-to-be determined multi-combat area of the wildy on a PvP world.

Is this correct?

By the way, I can carry rune chest and legs with me in the event someone cheats. If I see a cheater in rune armor, I will put on the rune I carry and own them. Not worried about inventory space as there should be plenty of food on the ground . . . :thumbsup:

Compens.png

Yeah read the opening post, the new location is where Mssw3 took place,

This is gonna be awesome, that its back in the wildy with old fashioned pking is great, Clan wars in good but the ffa area is nothing compared to some areas of the wildy.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I heard there was a change on location, but I hadn't heard to where.

That'll make it mucho easier on me. :D Don't have to worry about clans and all that.

EDIT - I'm at the Exchange right now. Just looked at the price of the Steel Full Helm, no problem.

Steel Platebody, no problem.

BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE RUNE SCIMI. *a splode*

I think what I'm just gonna do is come bearing food. XD