Far Cry 2

Biabf

Far Cry® 2, the next-generation first-person shooter from Ubisoft, will take you deep into the most beautiful but also most hostile environments in the world: Africa! More than just a visual and technological achievement, Far Cry® 2, the true sequel to the award-winning PC game, will provide you with an unprecedented gaming experience.

Caught between two rival factions in war-torn Africa, you are sent to take out "The Jackal", a mysterious character who has rekindled the conflict between the warlords, jeopardizing thousands of lives. In order to fulfil your mission you will have to play the factions against each other, identify and exploit their weaknesses, and neutralise their superior numbers and firepower with surprise, subversion, cunning and, of course, brute force.

Far Cry 2 comes out on the 24th October (for Europe, 21st for NA) on PC, 360 and PS3, it looks amazing and it's completely open-ended. The team making it was careful to ensure there was no loss of quality between the different platforms.

Fc2_rl.jpg

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP3FOdJMcLM

Tech Demo:

Looks good, I'll be getting it, anyone else?

sig5235ro7.jpg

I'll buy it. Really looking forward to it.

Here are some movies about the different day-settings: http://www.fz.se/nyhetsarkiv/?id=27735

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I hope it won't be all 'explode this and destroy that'. I want some more stealthy bits, like in Instincts. [bleep]e traps were so awesome in that game. Definitely getting it.

That was confirmed. Its a game where you can play it YOUR way not a set way where you have to do this and have to do that.

Like shooting people in the leg with the snipe rifle then waiting for their buddies to turn up to help them and then you get them too :lol: And being able to start bush fires is gonna rock :D

• 2 weeks later...
I hope it won't be all 'explode this and destroy that'. I want some more stealthy bits, like in Instincts. [bleep]e traps were so awesome in that game. Definitely getting it.

That was confirmed. Its a game where you can play it YOUR way not a set way where you have to do this and have to do that.

Probably the main reason I'm getting it.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1 ... 00208.html

Another good trailer - shows the good graphics

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1 ... rview.html

Multiplayer trailer

sig5235ro7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have this and I'm about 10% through. It is very fun, it's a very open world with many different mission and ways to complete them. For example, doing a mission for someone that owns a gun shop will get you new guns. The last mission I had was to whack a police chief. You could either set up a trap and RPG his car as he was driving, or steal something from his brother and the chief run back to his police station and wait there. Once he was at the police station, you had many options to kill him: stealthily sneak past the guards and kill him quietly with a machete, snipe him, run in with guns a' blazin', set a bushfire to the entire compound using molotov cocktails, or my favorite, RPG the little mud hut he waits in :lol:

My only complaint being that you spend a lot of time randomly going cross-map on a lot of the missions, which can be frustrating seeing how big the game map is.

Overall, good game so far, definitely worth the $45 I paid for it on steam.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Hopefully there is a knife in the game, Cause I want to go through the entire game only using a knife.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Is Farcry 2 more optimised than Crysis was, like on the same same hardware will F2 run better?

It will run far better, but it doesn't look as good.

I'll get it anyway, because it looks pretty. :D

But i think it's just a less futuristic crysis imo :\

*Crysis rips far cry off.

Not unless Crytek rips itself off :|.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Wasn't impressed by it to say the least, from a distance, took way too many shots to kill people (and I'm not saying accross them map, I was a building or two away, and my aiming is fine.) and the a to b stuff got abit tedious with the stops on the way due to guard posts, trucks with turrets on the back driving about etc.

Any one played the multiplayer? Is that any fun?

Eitherway, roll on November 18th.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

You just need to get a gun with a scope. Either a sniper or an assault rifle with a red dot scope type thing on the top. And always aim for the head.

But yeah, the get from A to B is very annoying, since it takes a long time and you run through random guard posts and people in jeeps.

jjroxlu7.jpg

The graphics are amazing, I am looking forward to getting into this a lot more. It seems slightly similar to GTA but that could just be me, I read about bus stops so they could help lessen the boredom of having to drive everywhere. :)