the problem with lurers

Great_one

well as we all know there are sertain kinds of people out there that when they dont get what they want such as a dks spot they resort to lurring even if it results in their death(lets call them "2-year old")

now it has been said by Jagex that lurring is against the rules and should be reported under "item scamming" but there is a catch you can only report for item scamming if you talked to(pm) or traded the scammer recently.

this means that unless for some odd reason the person pms you that he is lurering or he trades you...(not likely in dks lair) he is home free. and many lurers pull the "i couldn't get it off so i ran around the whole thing and as close to you as posable you you could help" act just incase.

so how do we fix this?is it a big problem?(definatly)and what is jagex doing to help this problem? also what about crashers, will this ever be fixed?

[hide=story]so basicly the 2-year old comes in and talks big about his 2 big friends outside with ags's and 99range both(why are they hanging with a level 103?) and so when i kick him from my chat he is talking in he threatens to call on his friends. after we get prime kill he starts running around the lair to get them all on him then us. i get the supp kill with running out of rex's range. then prime spawns and so forth i ended up with 2 more kills till 1st mater died the mager so we are skrewwed with rex even if the lurer dies. then we exit(me and other hybrid) we go back in. i get prime in the spot and is 1/3 life them my mate(rsof mates suck :wall: ) runs over to me through the other 2 kings just loitering about and gets supp on me and am forced to tele with prime at 20hp and he dies soon after...so that makes 4 dry trips in a row :wall: did even get a chance to bless eather of their graves but w/e they cussed me out for it even though it wasnt posable for me so they deserved to loose 3m, and 5m respectivly[/hide]

Y_Z.png

You forget that the average age of the RS player is around 12-15. People at this age are immature, self-absorbed, and belligerent. Yes, many people who play RS are [wagon]. What do you want us to do about it? :?

I understand if you are just venting your frustration about it, though... But in that case, it belongs in Rants.

td2sig.jpg

You forget that the average age of the RS player is around 12-15. People at this age are immature, self-absorbed, and belligerent. Yes, many people who play RS are [wagon]. What do you want us to do about it? :?

I understand if you are just venting your frustration about it, though... But in that case, it belongs in Rants.

the story is a rant this is figuring out how to solve the problem

Y_Z.png

There really is no way to solve it... :cry:

maybie even reporting for lurring would be a start...maybie a 60 second click history to see if there was any intention stuff..idk something

The problem is, Jagex uses an automated program to sort through most abuse reports... They almost never take "intention" or "context" into account when assigning punishment. If you accidentally type something offensive that bypasses the censor and then immediately follow with oops typo and what you meant to say, you will still be punished for breaking Rule 1 if anyone reports you.

td2sig.jpg

I think that the luring that was against the rules was wilderness luring. DK luring is annoying, immature, and just plain ornery, but I don't think it is "technically" against the rules.

i believe it is...i have to find where they stated it...

Y_Z.png

Yea I think when Jagex said "Luring" they meant falsely leading someone into a dangerous place with the intentions of them dying and them taking thier valuables. I'm 90% sure it has nothing to do with DK's, but hey you never know :P

Also I believe if you can't stand lurers use german worlds. Nobody ever uses those :lol:

1288581197250-1.jpg

It doesn't say anywhere that this practice is against the rules, luring is completely different to this. This is just part of the danger of DKs. Don't bring anything in there that you're not prepared to lose.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Yeah definitely luring falls under PM and has everything to do with pking.

This is the scenario. You are walking around Varrock and some girl sends you a pm- "Hey can you help my friend, hes in level 20 Wilderness and I think hes in trouble"

To which you go with this girl to level 20 wilderness and 5 people including the girl own you and you lose all your stuff.

Similarly this has happened. You are walking around Varrock and a girl says "Hey, wanna be my bf and go fight together in wildy?"

You say sure, why not, I won't make a commitment, it's just for the moment.

But by the time you get to level 30 wilderness- and by the time you get a skull on your head, your so called gf and 5 other guys own you

Now, as far as addressing the "safe spot" luring problem for monsters, definitely not against the rules, but Jagex definitely needs to increase their AI so they can walk around a silly rock. I prefer not calling them safe spots, they're more like cheap shots.

jirenma2001.png

It doesn't say anywhere that this practice is against the rules, luring is completely different to this. This is just part of the danger of DKs. Don't bring anything in there that you're not prepared to lose.

Don't start this stupid debate again, it was confirmed a good long time ago (last year) that luring is against the rules and can get you banned. Why do you think the wilderness has a physical barrier around it now?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Don't start this stupid debate again, it was confirmed a good long time ago (last year) that luring is against the rules and can get you banned. Why do you think the wilderness has a physical barrier around it now?

The only luring that is against the rules is luring from non-wild to wild. Luring from single to multi is legal (Confirmed by mods) and nothing was ever said about luring at dks, that isnt against the rules at all.

As for people dk luring, I have done it many times myself, I hop several times looking for a world, if I find someone there using slayer dart and bad gear on a full world I take the world. If they don't leave I pull all 3 kings on them and they die or tele (about 50/50). Many people have tried to lure me, and even though I only bring 2 brews max I always win. Survival of the fittest.

The only luring that is against the rules is luring from non-wild to wild. Luring from single to multi is legal (Confirmed by mods) and nothing was ever said about luring at dks, that isnt against the rules at all.

As for people dk luring, I have done it many times myself, I hop several times looking for a world, if I find someone there using slayer dart and bad gear on a full world I take the world. If they don't leave I pull all 3 kings on them and they die or tele (about 50/50). Many people have tried to lure me, and even though I only bring 2 brews max I always win. Survival of the fittest.

Survival of the douche bags is more like it, and I thought people had stopped luring when it was no longer profitable. :roll:

Survival of the douche bags is more like it, and I thought people had stopped luring when it was no longer profitable. :roll:

I have been dking longer than any of these people, I use max gear and I have maxxed out combats for dks, I think I deserve to go on a world that I can actually handle. If someone with basic slayer dart gear and either brews or guthans goes on a full world they will spend 70% of their trip healing. When I go I use guthans maybe once every hour. It is easy as hell to not die there due to lurers, hell if you have any food you can probably kill them yourself. I don't normally go out of my way to lure people like people used to, but when people try and take my world I kill them. I have made people lose easily over 100M in the last few months just when they try and take my world.

[hide=]

I have been dking longer than any of these people, I use max gear and I have maxxed out combats for dks, I think I deserve to go on a world that I can actually handle.

Maybe a year ago I would have agreed with you, but they have just as much right to be there as you do. You don't deserve the higher pop world anymore than they do, and pushing them out of the spot simply because you can isn't nice at all.

What's the point of monster luring? You can't get profit anymore. But truly, there's no way to solve it. Only allow one team at a time at DK's? Doesn't seem likely. It's just part of the danger. Sorry.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I think we lost communication somewhere. By luring, I mean bringing someone to a dangerous area under false pretences to get them killed. That is, and always will be, against the rules as item scamming.

Bringing the DK's around to kill someone isn't luring, it's kiting the monster over to where it normally wouldn't go in order to get it to attack other people. Kiting is not luring, and I haven't seen any games where that'll get you banned.

Survival of the fittest indeed, I regularly knock people off of the world who want to "share" as a pretence to "I'm going to take advantage of you maybe being generous". When it comes to competition, I'm not generous.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

U @n bU11 h013!!!111 WeE @r3n'1 n0obs u n00ob no0b13!11!!!!11

Sorry, that's gets funnier every time i do that. :lol:

He's making a point how Jagex definition of luring isn't broad enough for high level monsters, per se the draggonoth kings or the gwd of whatever that can beat the snot out of you in 10 seconds. He's also venting his frustration, but I mean come on, how can he not :lol: .

Yah, we're not all full of oursleves (and it's more like 11-13. When you're 14 you learn some respect every once and a while >.>), especially the ones who are still de n0ob13$ (combat 80 anyone?). We don't have that much to gloat about, (I'm worth exactly 630k :wall: ). I mean, how long does it take to power level from like level 80-95? Three months? 120 hours of game play? (I am totally making this up as i go, I honestly don't know because I AM a level 80) I would want to show off after spending THAT long on the computer looking at a blocky (STOP. I don't play high detail) character shooting hill gaints in the balls with mith arrows for a month of so. Heck, I'd brag that I have the attention to even WATCH a blocky character shooting hill gaints in the balls for two hours every day.

yeah were with immature babies you cant expect much out of them. my advice is:

-never use rsof people... just no, they suck, each and every one. 9/10 times i use rsof i get crappy team mates

-ignore the kid yelling at you.

haha and i half object to lurign being bad, if somebody crashes me im not going down without a fight :twisted: make those bastards get rol'd out of that cave :twisted: :twisted:

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.