F2P Boss Monster - The Cockroach Queen

Levon_

I fully support. For those f2p'ers this would really add a motivation to get members, it does need to be a little nerfed because it seems a bit too strong.

Well, it was ment to be killed by teams of 2-4 players so it wouldn't be super hard with anchovy pizza, str pot, and pray. You could probs get 5 kills per trip with an average team of level 90's.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Reasons:

1) It has bad drops for its level

2) This shouldn't be teamable, with the other roaches in multi, this would mean alot of people just attacking after a high-level attacks it. This means people just attacking for a drop and they don't deserve it.

I'll probably support if its single combat.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

I support!

If this monster was P2P, who would go to this? It would become another empty boss monster that no one would ever go to. While, if this was on F2P, it would at least be frequented by players who have a new challenge to defeat.

However, I would expand on more drops for P2P (or ask for some suggestions on that) to make it semi-worthwhile to kill on P2P.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I did ask for suggestions on P2P drops. Did you not read my entire post :o

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Lmao X Pac, ma matey, single? No...

Its a boss because ftp need something to clan up on, and basically have a jolly good time lootsharing.

I think the door to open it should let 1 clan in first, only if they are ranked :D :D :D

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Interesting idea. While I don't think that this boss shouldn't be added, I don't think that Jagex would add such a boss to F2P, and ultimately, it's Jagex who calls the shots.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

people have to pay to post on the rs forums, do they complain about it? oh no, because they are also getting a much larger version of the game.

click ads give very little money compared to the amount paid by membership every month. if they made rune stuff coinshareable, isnt that just the point of this topic? of being able to split the amount gained by a rune drop between all members of the team.

seriously, i think it needs to be reworked. also i was f2p a few months ago, was bored as .... so i decided to pay for members. am i regretting paying that £3.20? no, because i am getting updates im not even going to use in the near future, but will be there when i need something to do.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

True this would be a good balacing factor considering the corporeal beast came out why cant we have alittle beastie ("a demo") that will make f2p lootshare usefull??? :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

support

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

True this would be a good balacing factor considering the corporeal beast came out why cant we have alittle beastie ("a demo") that will make f2p lootshare usefull???

support

We already have a 'demo beastie'. It is called the Cockroach Warrior. And it does make Loot Share useful as it shares the Loot.

On Topic: If you want my opinion, F2P don't need a high level boss. If we want one, then we can get members. If we got this, then we would ask for even more.

Now before you call me bias, I suggest that you look at my Clan and/or my RuneScape Character. You will see I am F2P.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

If you pay jagex they pay you.

If you don't pay jagex they don't pay you.

The only major f2p updates I can recall are the strongholds of safety & security (to protect its players), the rwt-be-gone updates (to protect the company), and the graphic update (to encourage more players to join/stay).

They're not going to start now.

(team capes don't count)

quit

I think another creature inbetween lessers and this would be okay, but not a boss for f2p. Having something to do could HURT jagex by keeping people from becoming members.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

ok seriously support all the way!!! :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: all ye membs with 20 FRIKIN BOSSES!!!!

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Support

I am no longer member due to school, and all I can really do when I get on are the few minigames that F2P has and chat with friends. Fist of Guthix, Orb Project, and Clan Wars are only fun for so long, and at my levels in F2P there are jsut no monsters that are fun to kill because they have no challenge.

P.S. Support! :thumbsup:

Big_Stingman.png

I'd say the High range & magic defense should be removed. It would mean that everyone will have to melee it, and it is not really fair for those who favor range/magic.

Wouldn't it be odd for a cockroach to have magic attacks? Might be better if it just stuck with Improved Melee/Range attacks

I don't think you understand marketing either, if F2Pers have nothing to do then they are more likely to consider members than if they are completely absorbed into a free version that offers them so much that they can never finish it all. Personally, it isn't about Jagex making money or how many members we have. I pay for my membership, therefore in my opinion those that don't shouldn't get updates unless it is things like Bounty Hunter or the SoS. You do realise as well, that the ads are only there to subsidise some of the costs of F2P servers?

Sort your arguments out, it was hard enough to understand what you were writing...

Cool, I guess you will just freaking quited P2P when a F2P boss monster came out, according to your marketing behavour.

If I got a whatever game demo and it just no no content at all, then I think I wont be concerning paying the game nor even looking it.

I am sure Monster Hunting has now be a big part in runescape and why not just give a demo version of Monster hunt to f2p??

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

Cool, I guess you will just freaking quited P2P when a F2P boss monster came out, according to your marketing behavour.

If I got a whatever game demo and it just no no content at all, then I think I wont be concerning paying the game nor even looking it.

I am sure Monster Hunting has now be a big part in runescape and why not just give a demo version of Monster hunt to f2p??

I agree, can't we have a mini demo boss? =P~

Big_Stingman.png

Wouldn't a F2P mini-boss make MORE F2Pers want to go P2P?

Because then the promise of stronger bosses with rarer and cooler drops would be more interesting.

I support.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

I'll support this.

The only thing I don't like about how there isn't much chance of a decent drop and the decent drops are only 40k at most.

Probably should of added a boss only drop.

Mysticblade.jpg

ssbbbrawlclubgreen.gif

People in OT eat glass when they are bored. :twss:

OT'ers pee in other peoples drinks :wall:

I am p2p, on 2 accounts, and I support.

I pay, yet I honestly believe that f2p deserves more. Maybe that is because I have played f2p for 3 years, but still.

This would be an excellent demo for f2p, some might be interesting in hunting more advanced monsters in p2p - KBD, KQ, etc - this could make them interested in getting members.

Not some cheesy Gnomecopters. :P

100% support.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

I'm not sure what's wrong with giving f2p a demo boss. Seeing I have NOTHING to do in f2p (well, F.O.G I suppose, but that doesn't really count seeing I own everyone as a level EIGHTY :lol: ), I would certainly enjoy it.

Anyway, random minor suggestions. level should be slightly higher, mabye 10 more, just so it goes above 200. It's not a practical thing, just a symbolic fact that f2p has something above that level. Second, I'm not sure why you would want to disaude the use of mage or range; what's wrong with it? Almost everyone in f2p is a meleer, including myself. I would suggest making them have a harder time. Other than better melee defence, I would suggest raising the rather low max hit to about 20-21. In complement, raise the range max hit to 19 and the mage to 17. The mage and range defences should still be high, but less so than melee. Other than that, looks pretty good. =)

Nice idea but i red that some months ago on the official forum. Actually cockroaches feel comfortable to live together but they don't know such thing as a queen. I would suggest a giant centipede. Centipedes live in the same conditions as cockroaches and are more carnivorous. Some centipedes living in tropic conditions have even poison stings in their yaws. That would make it more dangerous to F2P players, as we know their is no antidote on free world. You have to sick out the poison. The food consumption rate becomes higher and the hitpoint level don't need to be 200 hp. The poison affects also all players from every combat angle, that would be good. Combat bots have no chance to rake to loot. P2P whiners happy, F2P whiners happy!

A picture of a "scary" centipede.

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/67/7267-004-4FD7E434.jpg

greedy44.png